Dale Jones

Dale is certainly in Iowa City on a beautiful weekend.
Hopefully, he can catch part of the HAWKEYE baseball team, today at 2 pm.
They are the Big Ten leaders, by the way.

Has there been any news? It seems to be awfully quiet. I don't follow/use social media, so I can't really research for any news.

Has there been any news? It seems to be awfully quiet. I don't follow/use social media, so I can't really research for any news.

Iowa should be loaded with three point shooters next year. Hopefully, Ellingson is completely recovered. He looks like he has the potential to be a special player. I'm sure Fran will start the year by focusing on the defense, but with the players they have coming in for next year, and the experience they have returing the offense looks like it should be improved.

Iowa should be loaded with three point shooters next year. Hopefully, Ellingson is completely recovered. He looks like he has the potential to be a special player. I'm sure Fran will start the year by focusing on the defense, but with the players they have coming in for next year, and the experience they have returing the offense looks like it should be improved.

Tierney, I agree with you. We'll be a team full of daddy long-legs and 3 pnt shooters. I also agree that Ellingson flashed as a 3pnt shooter and I hope he has the lateral quickness to play D. Which, I agree again, will likely be Frans focus in 2015. Next season will be a rebuilding year so we need to be tempered in our expectations. If we make the NCAA next season that would be good enough for me and I wouldn't be upset with a 1st rnd loss.

Now, let's get DJ signed to boost our frontline and scoring potential.

We return 4 out of 5 starters. And 5 of our top 7 players. That does not make a rebuilding year... If it is considered a rebuilding year under the Fran era, I will take it!!

The only thing that will keep us down next year is the B1G being a bad conference.

Now when is Dale signing...? I hate waiting!

We return 4 out of 5 starters. And 5 of our top 7 players. That does not make a rebuilding year... If it is considered a rebuilding year under the Fran era, I will take it!!

The only thing that will keep us down next year is the B1G being a bad conference.

Jones teammate that Iowa was recruiting, Ike, committed and signed with UCLA. Alford must not be doing to well at UCLA to go after Ike.

We can agree to disagree on this. My opinion is that we lost our 2 best frontline rebounders and 2 of our top 3 post defenders. AW was as good a senior leader as we've seen. We are going to have exactly 1 true post player (rebounding/defense) who we cannot rely on for scoring. Woody may become a legit post scorer, but that is currently an unknown. We will be a perimeter team and, so far, we haven't proven we can be a consistently good perimeter scoring team. Maybe that happens next season, but this also is currently an unknown.

Those are the reasons I feel next year will be a rebuilding year. Signing Jones would help post play for sure. So yeah, hurry up and sign him, already!

Jones teammate that Iowa was recruiting, Ike, committed and signed with UCLA. Alford must not be doing to well at UCLA to go after Ike.

As I recall, Ike has some pretty good upside, though he's raw. But yeah, it really doesn't feel like Alf is recruiting at a "blue blood" level that you would expect at UCLA.

We can agree to disagree on this. My opinion is that we lost our 2 best frontline rebounders and 2 of our top 3 post defenders. AW was as good a senior leader as we've seen. We are going to have exactly 1 true post player (rebounding/defense) who we cannot rely on for scoring. Woody may become a legit post scorer, but that is currently an unknown. We will be a perimeter team and, so far, we haven't proven we can be a consistently good perimeter scoring team. Maybe that happens next season, but this also is currently an unknown.

Those are the reasons I feel next year will be a rebuilding year. Signing Jones would help post play for sure. So yeah, hurry up and sign him, already!

Was this last year a rebuilding year in your mind? Didn't we lose something similar last year? For everything you say we are losing off of this team, it is one first team all conference player and a sixth man that rebounds really well and scores a bit. Doesn't that describe losing Marble and Basabe also?

You may look at it as a rebuilding year next year, but then if that is the case, wouldn't pretty much every year be a rebuilding year, according to your definition, for every team? For that reason, I would not call this a rebuilding year.

If a coach is developing players there will be key losses every year...and players ready to step in and take their place IMO. That's where we currently are as a program IMO.

Tierney, I agree with you. We'll be a team full of daddy long-legs and 3 pnt shooters. I also agree that Ellingson flashed as a 3pnt shooter and I hope he has the lateral quickness to play D. Which, I agree again, will likely be Frans focus in 2015. Next season will be a rebuilding year so we need to be tempered in our expectations. If we make the NCAA next season that would be good enough for me and I wouldn't be upset with a 1st rnd loss.

Now, let's get DJ signed to boost our frontline and scoring potential.

A first round loss is only acceptable, IMO, if we are a 10-seed or lower. And frankly, if we GET a 10-seed or better next year, it's probably the best job of coaching the staff will have done to that point.

Returning 4 of 5 starters and 5 of top 7 ,is the opposite of rebuilding.

Iowa will likely start 4 seniors and a junior. This will probably be one of the oldest and most experienced teams in the country.

Returning 4 of 5 starters and 5 of top 7 ,is the opposite of rebuilding.

Iowa will likely start 4 seniors and a junior. This will probably be one of the oldest and most experienced teams in the country.

We will have virtually no post play on offense or defense. Hey, I hope you all are right. But the entire philosophy of this team needs to be perimeter oriented, and that is a paradigm shift. Plus, we haven't been a very good perimeter team, so I won't assume we will be.

This thread is TITLED, Dale Jones, an intriguing recruit for the HAWKEYES.

Not sure why the 'squeak wheel' types feel they need to whine in every thread?
?

We will have virtually no post play on offense or defense. Hey, I hope you all are right. But the entire philosophy of this team needs to be perimeter oriented, and that is a paradigm shift. Plus, we haven't been a very good perimeter team, so I won't assume we will be.

Slashers that can get to the basket is an inside game. It isn't just about a big guy posting up with his back to the basket. Way too many people are putting labels on players IMO.

We aren't debating how effective Iowa will be but the defenition of rebuilding is starting over with mostly new players.

the opposite is returning most of your players.

Slashers that can get to the basket is an inside game. It isn't just about a big guy posting up with his back to the basket. Way too many people are putting labels on players IMO.

To say we have had an inside offensive game is a joke. We have had none. Haven't had any good inside offensive play since Jarryd Cole. And that poor guy was on his own in the trenches. Literally... White could get to the line, but that was about it for inside offensive play. He scored more in transition than on the inside.

Fran wants guys that can open up the floor, then use ball movement and/or dribble driving slashers to score. That and players who can run and make transition plays. That will really mix things up. That is why he has recruited most of the players he has. That is why Fran really wants Dale Jones. He will help open up the floor, and run in transition....and grab boards.

Next year our perimeter game will be the best we have had in Fran's time at Iowa - And I really do not think it will be even close to what we have had in the past. That will open up our offense big time. Heck just ONE more perimeter player would have helped on that tremendously this past season... Fran has added 5 more players to do that(counting Ellingson & Jones) next year. Couple that with our ball movement, which was fantastic for the latter half of last year(ALL of the ball movement players return), and we are looking at a good team.

Our interior game might be down next year. But I will wait to judge. We are long even with the shorter players(Williams' wing is almost 7'). Our current players (Woody, Uthoff, Uhl) will improve for certain. And our new guys Hutton, Wagner and Jones(we hope) are supposed to be known for their inside game and defense.

Now Mr. Jones, can I hand you a pen?

Close your eyes and envision Denny Crum and the Louisville Cardinals of the 70's to 90s, and then open your eyes and see Fran McCaffery
and the Iowa Hawkeyes.

12 players ranging fro 6' 4" to 6' 9" that can shoot, run the court and play transition basketball with a big man mixed in sometimes if he has the
ability to keep up with the fast paced game Fran wants to coach.

This is the future of Hawkeye basketball under Fran McCaffery.

Hopefully, Dale Jones realizes, at Iowa, he's got a real strong opportunity to get a lot of
PT, right away. And he's joining a veteran team that IS going to be in the Mix for the
Big 10 title.

Latest posts