Woody called out

It's not ridiculous. He's playing THUG basketball. He's purposely trying to poke players in the eyes. I watched both plays in slow motion and they were not basketball plays. I don't support that **** or Woodbury, any longer. Someone could lose their vision over something like that and I hope the BIG suspends him for the rest of the season. No place for that garbage at Iowa.

Don't be stupid with your SILLY at best comments....he wasn't trying to poke anybody in the eyes on purpose, ugh hate dumb comments like this.

i would say show woodbury the TV feed and what the announcers were saying , and it will stop ASAP. I played a lot of basketball over the years and i never did that once. The announcers may have been a bit over the top, but i agree it was pretty weak on adam's part. He is a very important player for iowa, so hopefully the minimal controversy this is, will be over really quick. i expect it won't be a further issue

I am sorry, but it is in games like this that Woodbury is totally exposed as the plodding, clumsy, player that he is. He is 7' tall and yet plays more like 6'6". Wisc. has a number of big guys that move fluidly and run the floor well. Woody looks like he is swimming upstream just to run up court.
He may have a decent game or two, here and there, but for the most part, he looks like a clown out there.

Good grief some of you "grown" men are wusses. This is bball not figure skating.

Boo hoo, the first one on hayes is laughable, get a grip guys

If jay bilas said woobbarry is one of the better defensive big men in the ncaa, ill take his word over any of you knobs anyday

I can't stop laughing. Bilas should watch a tape of last night's game & how easy it was for Wisc. to get above, around and by Woodbury.

I mean...wtf is that. The sh*t he pulled on kaminsky basically provides evidence that what he did against hayes was intentional too....even if it wasn't.

That's pretty f'ing weak by Woodbury

Don't be an fool, he was putting his hands up to get in the guys face like EVERY DEFENDER who plays BBall does and the offensive guy lowered his head right into his hand...jesus to think that was intentional is dumb as can be, like most of the people calling out Woody in this thread!

I agree that's what they do but it's not intentionally trying to poke eyes out. Tough play, some pushing and shoving for position, etc. I get that. Woodbury crossed that line, same as McCabe did last year, with Trice. But like I said last year. If your head coach can't control himself, why should they be expected to? Fran has done a much better job this year, I'll give him that.

He didn't cross any line, stop acting like some girly sissy and just go away troll!

That's what I saw. There is no place for that in any sport. He could cost someone their livelihood and in Karminski's case, 10s of millions. <aybe Hayes too.

You do know that happens all the time in BBall right? or do you just never watch it or have a clue what you are talking about, that was more Wiscy's guy fault that Woody anyway.

I am sorry, but it is in games like this that Woodbury is totally exposed as the plodding, clumsy, player that he is. He is 7' tall and yet plays more like 6'6". Wisc. has a number of big guys that move fluidly and run the floor well. Woody looks like he is swimming upstream just to run up court.
He may have a decent game or two, here and there, but for the most part, he looks like a clown out there.

lol you should actually figure out what you are talking about first, to say he is a clown out there shows you have NO knowledge of the game of BBall period!

Those announcers really need to stop running their mouths, and do their jobs calling the game. Adam was playing tough and getting the job done. He is doing what Iowa needs him to do. The contact to the eyes was clearly unintentional.

That being said I hope thar he continues to play hard nosed basketball. Don't start playing timid because of this, and keep getting in guys faces. Teams need to think twice before going down the lane. Players like Trice, and what's his face at ISU also need to think twice before they try to play dirty or play like punks in general. Keep at the fight Adam, don't let them bring you down.

Those announcers really need to stop running their mouths, and do their jobs calling the game. Adam was playing tough and getting the job done. He is doing what Iowa needs him to do. The contact to the eyes was clearly unintentional.

That being said I hope thar he continues to play hard nosed basketball. Don't start playing timid because of this, and keep getting in guys faces. Teams need to think twice before going down the lane. Players like Trice, and what's his face at ISU also need to think twice before they try to play dirty or play like punks in general. Keep at the fight Adam, don't let them bring you down.

What about rubbing his hand through Kaminsky's hair? Was that unintentional? That was weird and the most concerning aspect of the entire situation.

So Trice (who's done for the year) and "what's his face at ISU" need to think twice before they try to play dirty, but AW should keep at it and not let them bring him down? Makes no sense.

This thread is a waste. He had 3X as many fouls as points! The guy is a waste of space that can't do anything even when cheating. Reminder: next week you will need to go to the regular tab to look up iowa scores. The "Top 25" button will be of no use to you.

lol you should actually figure out what you are talking about first, to say he is a clown out there shows you have NO knowledge of the game of BBall period!

Adam Woodbury was horrible last night. No sensible person would dispute that assessment. Not all his fault though. He is just one slow, un-athletic player among many on Iowa's team.

It is not good when Wisconsin makes your team look really slow..

What about rubbing his hand through Kaminsky's hair? Was that unintentional? That was weird and the most concerning aspect of the entire situation.

he wanted to see if this product would work on his own hair.......

pDGC1-10863839v380.jpg

The contact with Hayes was caused by Hayes as he lowered his head into woodys extended hand. The contact with Kaminsky started with Woody patting him on the head I assume in attempt to mess with him mentally. dragging his fingers across his face and making slight eye contact was just stupid. Speaking of stupid, did anyone else think Gasser faked that shoulder problem because he got beat so bad on that scteen? To me it looked like there was no contact with his left arm or shoulder at all, so how did it get dislocated, and why didn't it look out of joint as he walked to the bench?

Don't be stupid with your SILLY at best comments....he wasn't trying to poke anybody in the eyes on purpose, ugh hate dumb comments like this.

Explain what he was doing then in the second clip. Explain why he drug his hand down his face and reached out towards his eye.

Take off the black and gold blinders. He did it on purpose and got caught.

Latest posts