The Curious January Depth Chart

Assistant coaching changes won't mean a thing. If KF demands they use the same offense/defense and the same 2* players......it's more lipstick.
KF NEEDS recruiters. KF NEEDS aggressive, innovative, young coordinators. And even if KF stepped that far outside of his comfort zone (which is crazy talk), it won't help this program for 2 or 3 seasons.

Assistant coaching changes won't mean a thing. If KF demands they use the same offense/defense and the same 2* players......it's more lipstick.
KF NEEDS recruiters. KF NEEDS aggressive, innovative, young coordinators. And even if KF stepped that far outside of his comfort zone (which is crazy talk), it won't help this program for 2 or 3 seasons.

Could not agree more. The time for REAL change was after 2012 so we would be rounding into form now. Now we are looking 2-3 years just to get adequate talent in place.

To late to call the doctor after death.

Im sitting here more frustrated than ever. This was a major backfire in my mind. Sure they list CJB #1. But did they think the fans would stop there? The rest of the depth chart is pretty brutal.

I thought Andrew Stone was listed as a senior this year. Does he get another year of eligibility? How is that? Anyways I think that is great he's a great player to have on the team.

In 16 years, two constants have always held true:

1. Depth charts have meant nothing
2. Assistants have little, to no, say

Until KF leaves, nothing (outside of a couple of 4th down tries) is going to change.

The more I look at the O-line measureables, the more I cringe. 2/3 of these guys would not be on the Wisconsin scholarship roster.

It is no wonder we cannot move the LOS on the interior this season and now look out at the tackles!

I also cannot believe this roster could not have used Willies. What a colossal mistake running him.

Those are the same weights as the spring 2014 weights so they have not been updated. I am sure many of the guys have put on 10-20 pounds of muscle since then, and will put on more by next fall. Don't worry about those numbers too much.

Anyways I think that is great he's a great player to have on the team.

What Branch Davidian compound kicked you out? You can't be for real? Your over the top, unrelenting, uber enthusiasm for all things Iowa is beyond creepy.

If 22 scarecrows took the field for us you would still think we could beat OSU.

Those are the same weights as the spring 2014 weights so they have not been updated. I am sure many of the guys have put on 10-20 pounds of muscle since then, and will put on more by next fall. Don't worry about those numbers too much.

I hope you are correct but how many guys under 6'4" can one program recruit on the o-line? That's bad.

This hatred of Andrew Stone is over the top. I've been wanting him to move up the depth chart since the spring game I just like the way that the guy plays. Does anyone have an answer to his eligibility? I thought he was a senior in 2014. I am not sure how that works.

Yes. Not too concerned about the weights, but the talent/ability, especially at the tackles. Croston and Myers are walk-ons. Boettger was a late schollie offer...the interior had the most offers out of h.s. and they were not great last yr. Blythe will hopefully be better at C and Hawks desperately need the Walshes to take steps forward.

Could not agree more. The time for REAL change was after 2012 so we would be rounding into form now. Now we are looking 2-3 years just to get adequate talent in place.

To late to call the doctor after death.
And that's assuming that KF makes the right hires. That's a big assumption.

Unfortunately, the one coach that needs to move on is going to stay until that $4M/yr. paycheck ceases. Nuff said!

We've seen how this ends it starts with Merry Go Round assistant coaches in the hopes that the Head ball coach knows what's wrong in a desperate or veiled attempt to fix it. His problem is his recruiting for the past several years followed by his inflexible rose colored vision that "we need to execute better" and explaining losses under the rouse of "that's football". Followed by the totally heretical "we aren't going to recruit anyone that lives more than 7 hours from here....." which is only 80% of the football playing talent.

He needs to go but thanks to Bary Garta and the contract that just keeps giving Barta is content to let Kirk try and fix it. But Kirk doesn't really know how to fix it he just knows what he knows. And God forbid if he would've gone out and gotten Ed Ogeron only the best combo D + recruiter in the known universe. No I think I'll keep PP. Nice job Kirk.

attachment.php

THE NEW DEPTH CHART IS OUT....THE NEW DEPTH CHART IS OUT!!!!!

Attachments

• SteveMartinPhoneBook_238x270.jpg
    SteveMartinPhoneBook_238x270.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 143
Just as curious Kornbrath is back at starting punter...! After watching Dillion The Kid kick for an average of 20 yards all year he's decided he's not the guy either nice. Talk about your Commander Clueless. This is a very curious move probably to ease transfer talk and fan annoyance. Well watching him coach lately makes the biggest impression...moving chess pieces around won't help when you don't do anything different Kirk.

Latest posts