Ferentz Supporters Enter Here

I just wish Kirk would hire coaches whose strengths were Kirk's weaknesses. Then I wish he would let them do their jobs.

I just wish Kirk would hire coaches whose strengths were Kirk's weaknesses. Then I wish he would let them do their jobs.

the offense now is different than when KOK was here. i'm guessing Ferentz is allowing Davis to do just that. So much of iowa's current offense does not look like Iowa has looked under Ferentz. TE seam passes, for example - waggle, for another.

do you think this 'read option' is Ferentz' deal?

Don't mess with the Kirk.....

ferentzgotagun3_medium.jpg

Feel Lucky, Punk.....

:cool:

the offense now is different than when KOK was here. i'm guessing Ferentz is allowing Davis to do just that. So much of iowa's current offense does not look like Iowa has looked under Ferentz. TE seam passes, for example - waggle, for another.

do you think this 'read option' is Ferentz' deal?

Do you think the zone blocking scheme, having the QB under center and playing Rudock over Bethard is a Davis deal?

We clearly have a mix of two incompatable schemes here and a QB who probably couldn't make any scheme work.

Ferentz brought us this mess.

There was no mystery about Greg Davis prior to the hire.

Kf totally botched this, why would we think he would do better next time?

No offense but you need to examine the math related to lost revenue-per 10K empty seats at Kinnick Stadium. If attendance ever drops to 55K, financial reality will force some changes. The numbers you cited for 99' and 00' were never relevant to KF's job security, as they were his first 2 years on the job.

I probably should have been detailed in my first post. I didn't attempt to examine lost revenue. With BTN revenue will always be off the charts, regardless of attendance. Obviously attendance adds a nice chunk. But the key is BTN and it will always keep Iowa in good financial shape.

I was referring to the "Lick" factor so to speak. When the BB team hit a low with Lick, Iowa played in front of half empty crowds which hit the pocket book but also looked terrible. BB games went from being an exciting event to a snooze fest. It got noticed & was news worthy that Carver was so empty.

The FB games I used as examples were all time lows for conference games during the worst period of Iowa football since Fry took over. Even with it that bad, a lot of people still showed up to watch the team including your's truly. If fans want things to change, hitting the pocket book is most important but fans can't have an impact on BTN revenue. Its always going to be there. The only thing they can do is not show up in huge numbers. If 10,000 to 15,000 don't show up it will get noticed certainly and hurt the bottom line. But attendance is down everywhere, Barta could spin it for awhile. Its not unheard of in tough times. If 25,000 to 30,000 people don't show up it will do more than that. It will shock. Barta couldn't spin that. It would unprecedented in my lifetime and even Fry has commented that one of the reasons he took the job is because 50,000+ showed up before he got there when Iowa really stunk.

Do you think the zone blocking scheme, having the QB under center and playing Rudock over Bethard is a Davis deal?

We clearly have a mix of two incompatable schemes here and a QB who probably couldn't make any scheme work.

Ferentz brought us this mess.

There was no mystery about Greg Davis prior to the hire.

Kf totally botched this, why would we think he would do better next time?

Greg Davis used zone blocking while at Texas.

One of the things that assistant coaches say that they love about Ferentz is that he let's them coach.

I am a supporter because I can look at the overall picture.

In total wins he is #2 in history with 112. Only behind Hayden Fry with 143.
In winning % he is #7 in history with 59%. Behind A.E. Bull 83%, John Chalmers 75%, Howard Jones 71%, Alden Knipe 71%, Forest Evyshevski 65%, and Hayden Fry at 61%.
His winning % is also 7% higher than the over all historical winning percentage 52%.
He outperforms historical averages.

Yeah, and the capital was in Iowa City when all this happened.

One of the things that assistant coaches say that they love about Ferentz is that he let's them coach.

Yet "Greg (Davis) is stellar. Unbelievable." So our head football coach is either blind, or a complete liar. Not good.

Who do you suppose decides on which players play? Can both of them be so stupid (or blind, Greg is getting pretty old himself), that they can't realize that Bullock's roll should be limited vs. 22 yards rushing on 12 carries, or that Powell and Willies are the best chance we have at stretching the field, or that Canzeri should get the majority of the carries?

I can't wait to see more of Weisman averaging 3 yards a carry running into 8 man fronts this Saturday and Jake throwing it sideways, and then taking 1 downfield shot to Vandenberg, while Willies, Canzeri and Powell sit on the bench along with CJ.

What if we won a max of 6 games per year for the next 4 year?

That's pretty good, actually. The competition is always stellar, so ya gotta give credit to them.

Plus, we're only lil ol' Iowa. We're 1 hire away from being Minnesota or Illinois.

Lulz at the Ferentz haters they are all total cowards who hide behind the internet.

Lulz at the Ferentz lovers who are too blind to see what he's doing on offense just doesn't freaking work, and are ok with him not changing a damn thing. Look at our offensive numbers, brah. It's absolutely ******* pathetic. What excuse do you have for that? 16 seasons (sans 2002) of ****** execution, huh?

I would LOVE to ask Kirk some tough questions to his face. He'd get flustered and all ****** off though and probably pout like a 5 year old before I could get any real answers out of him. He's beyond reproach.

He ran a zone read option. Even if they used a zone blocking scheme the application is completely different.

We are clearly running the same blocking/running scheme we have always used under KF, with a few random other plays mixed in.

letting them coach is not the same thing as giving them autonomy to design their own schemes, least of all the blocking scheme which is KFS speciality.

Last edited:
lol you really think you're going to find kirk supporters at the website that houses the anti-kirkers? The supporters left this website a long time ago

You just insulted Nick and Bob. My apologies to those I may have overlooked. I don't drink here very often.

Nope, the state capital was moved to Des Moines in 1857, before the formation of the SUI football to compete against other colleges in 1889.

Some of this sounds pretty personal. If it gets to where we hate someone because our own little world is unhappy on account of a football team losing, then its time us to think twice, step back and get a life.

Those of you who are so blindly loyal to an un imaginative, uninspiring, hidebound coaching regime are lemmings in Gary Barta's pocketbook who keep Iwa football mired in mediocrity.

Latest posts