Bombshell Alford Article by Harty

When something like this happens, it's not just one person that allows it to happen. It's a culture of looking the other way to protect a sports program. And before anyone jumps down my throat, this type of thing can happen anywhere where the importance of a sports program are put above doing what is right. If it could happen at PSU with a supposedly "great man" running the show then it can happen anywhere.

Wow people just can't let stuff go and btw Lick did worse to Iowa BB than Alford did and it is not even close.

Wow people just can't let stuff go and btw Lick did worse to Iowa BB than Alford did and it is not even close.

If the only thing you care about is wins and losses, you are certainly right. But in the grand scheme of things, Alford's actions, in conjunction with those complicit and with Pierce, are a much, much bigger stain on the Iowa program than any number of losing seasons could ever be.

I'm very torn on what I just read. Not sure I agree or quite understand why he wrote this now?

Trust me I understand the hate for Alford, but people OPEN YOUR EYES this goes DEEPER than Alford. Shame on the University of Iowa.

Last edited:
How do you show up in a dorm room unannounced and uninvited and not get in trouble for trespassing or breaking & entering ? Am I reading that right?

This is as much of an indictment on the entire University as it is Steve Alford and the coaching staff

I'm very torn on what I just read. Not sure I agree or quite understand why he wrote this now?

Harty wrote it now because SA is once again saying what a great guy he is with a spotless past and someone personally affected is showing how that's not true. Sure the U has some culpability but the U didn't just get a prestigious new job, SA did.

Harty wrote it now because SA is once again saying what a great guy he is with a spotless past and someone personally affected is showing how that's not true. Sure the U has some culpability but the U didn't just get a prestigious new job, SA did.

Sure the U has some culpability?? Really some culpability? Wow!!

This is as much of an indictment on the entire University as it is Steve Alford and the coaching staff

This. It's not like one man can cover everything up. It takes a whole system.

Again, it can happen anywhere where the glory of sports are put above doing what is right and just.

This. It's not like one man can cover everything up. It takes a whole system.

Again, it can happen anywhere where the glory of sports are put above doing what is right and just.

I agree with this and always have. Whenever this PP story is brought up I always thought this and still do..

Wow what? You sound about like SA now, trying to put the focus anywhere but on who's under the spotlight.

I sound like Alford now, really? Amazing.. So the University only had SOME culpability..

So Alford is judge, jury and executioner.. If true, Shame on the University..

Last edited: