Zook out at Illinois

i actually think an improved Illinois helps Iowa. i want all the Big Ten teams to be better than average. It Helps the League as a whole. Iowa will get its 7-8 wins still

Iowa fans had better hope that Illinois hires another failure as a coach. If they get it right, Illinois can be a powerhouse putting another nail into Iowa's coffin as a player in the B1G. While other teams try to improve, Iowa remains the same...change, too risky....much too risky...

Coffin? Aren't we being a bit melodramatic?

7 wins this year, with a chance to make it 8. Talent level will increase the next two years. Not.Dead.Yet.

ESPN's Mark Schlabach tweet:

"No surprise: #Illini fire Ron Zook, who was 34-51 after losing six in a row to finish season. Wondering if Paul Rhoads will be in the mix?"

I have it from reliable sources that tebow will be the next head man in chumpain.
#gawd
#rahrah

uh oh, if the fighting illini get a real coach for once they could start to build ena real program and begin to keep those Illinois preps at home that we have been getting recently!

Silver lining...Now Zook is available as DC if Norm retires.

Why would you want Zook as DC when he's dumb as a brick when it comes to game day stuff?

Everybody knows the guy can recruit. Everybody also knows he shouldn't be anywhere near the field on game day.

Illinois does not have the infrastructure do be a dominant force in the B1G.

****** town.
****** facilities.
****** football tradition.
****** football fanbase.

Illinois does not have the infrastructure do be a dominant force in the B1G.

****** town.
****** facilities.
****** football tradition.
****** football fanbase.

I would love to make an argument against your points but I really can't.

Thought of one: Red Grange

This is not good news but I had a feeling this was going to happen when Illinois lost at Minnesota. Zook was a victim of his own success winning the first 6 games and then losing 6 in a row, you break that up a little bit and he might have been fine. But once Illinois won the first 6 and got ranked the expectations went up a ton. Illinois hiring a good coach does scare me a tad as they sit in a hot bed of talent. You can recruit against Leach, especially after what happened at Texas Tech, but he is a much better game day coach and I think he can get Illinois winning right away.

You mean like Tom Davis?