Zach Johnson Tweet

Were there bad calls in that game? You bet. Is Meyer right in saying they would have won anyways? That is also a fact. Iowa looked out of their depth the whole game, althought the score was pretty close.

No...that's called "an opinion"...a fact is "you're a Cyclone fan who's basing his "fact" on his hatred of Iowa"..."although the score was pretty close"...

Haha, nice. That game was a killer. There were certainly some awful calls. In fairness to FLA though, Iowa dug quite a hole for themselves.

Haha, nice. That game was a killer. There were certainly some awful calls. In fairness to FLA though, Iowa dug quite a hole for themselves.

At least 5 horrendous calls in a game at crucial times will help a team dig a hole if you know what I mean. These calls were drive stoppers & killed field position. Ferentz teams thrive on field position. The calls changed the whole flow of the game.

Remember the crappy Conf USA refs explanation for the calls.

Paraphrase "The game was just too fast for us at times".

It really makes one wonder if there were some Las Vegas ties to this game somehow, really.

It was all good natured fun between Zach and Coach Meyer. While it was 6 years ago, it was also the last time the two teams met so there was nothing untoward about bringing it up to rib Urban. Obviously, Meyer had no problem giving it right back to Zach so it served its purpose as an ice breaker and a way for the two of them to connect. I am sure there are tons of mutual admiration between the two of them. Most Hawk fans are way beyond that game and have no strong feelings one way or the other for a non rival from another conference like Florida.

It was all good natured fun between Zach and Coach Meyer. While it was 6 years ago, it was also the last time the two teams met so there was nothing untoward about bringing it up to rib Urban. Obviously, Meyer had no problem giving it right back to Zach so it served its purpose as an ice breaker and a way for the two of them to connect. I am sure there are tons of mutual admiration between the two of them. Most Hawk fans are way beyond that game and have no strong feelings one way or the other for a non rival from another conference like Florida.

Not so sure about that.

The mother******* actually had his hand on his flag before the ball was kicked. There were tons of pics floating around and posted all over the web.

When was the last time a conference PUBLICLY apologized for their refs? It happened after that bowl game. Also one of the refs bought a new house less than 12 months later. Either a Vegas mover and shaker paid him off, or a Gator booster.

Not that I'm trying to defend these refs with all the calls they blew during the game, but most refs have their hands on their flag before every play.

No one is past that game. I am still ****** about the 1986 Rose Bowl and I was 6. If that Florida game doesn't still bother you a little then I have to wonder about your fandom.

No one is past that game. I am still ****** about the 1986 Rose Bowl and I was 6. If that Florida game doesn't still bother you a little then I have to wonder about your fandom.

Being irrationally angry about insignificant past events is a requirement to be a good fan? From what I have seen, most Iowa fans are not that stupid.

Being irrationally angry about insignificant past events is a requirement to be a good fan? From what I have seen, most Iowa fans are not that stupid.
We get it. That loss doesn't bother you and in your mind nothing inappropriate happened.

BTW, you sound like a complete idiot saying the refs have their hands on their flag before EVERY play. Please go back and watch your recorded Hawkeye games to educate yourself.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTlgCJb9zIk"]After watching this please point out to all of us the points in the video where the refs have their hands on their flag right before the play starts.[/ame]

Remember, it happens on every play.

We get it. That loss doesn't bother you and in your mind nothing inappropriate happened.

BTW, you sound like a complete idiot saying the refs have their hands on their flag before EVERY play. Please go back and watch your recorded Hawkeye games to educate yourself.

You know the belly laughs you get when someone insults your intelligence while saying something horribly inaccurate? Because I would love for you to point out the place where I said "The refs have their hands on their flag before EVERY play".
If I said that, I must have sounded like a real idiot...

I am not saying nothing inappropriate happened, because I don't know anything about this game, because it is an old Outback Bowl. WHo remembers stuff like this, particularly to the point where you're seething about it 5 years later like it was somthing important and not a mid-tier bowl game?

You know the belly laughs you get when someone insults your intelligence while saying something horribly inaccurate? Because I would love for you to point out the place where I said "The refs have their hands on their flag before EVERY play".
If I said that, I must have sounded like a real idiot...

Now you've ventured in super-idiot territory. Apparently you suffer from an affliction which doesn't allow you to read your previous posts. You know, the ones where you agree with like-minded idiots.

Not that I'm trying to defend these refs with all the calls they blew during the game, but most refs have their hands on their flag before every play.

True, but when do refs EVER buy new houses?

Too many coincidences. A game as big as the Outback Bowl is just inviting trouble from organized crime.

Now you've ventured in super-idiot territory. Apparently you suffer from an affliction which doesn't allow you to read your previous posts. You know, the ones where you agree with like-minded idiots.

So wait, am I allowed to move the goalposts and call you names, or is that your bag? I honestly don't even know what you're arguing about, but it must be important.

Latest posts