Zach Johnson @ the US Open

hawkeyewx

Zach had a solid first day, shooting even par and ended in 22nd place. This morning he has had a great front nine with a birdie and eagle. He's now in 2nd place behind RED F'N HOT McIlroy. McIlroy just eagled to take a 7 shot lead over Zach.

R Mc's swing is insane. Just wish once in my life I could hit a golf ball like that. Shocking to realize he is only 5'9". Then you see him with the touch to stick that eagle from the fairway.

Zach is having a really nice round. He just needs to keep plugging and hope Rory drops back.

Zach is playing really well. This course is odd for him as you have to keep it in the fairway (which he does) but you also have to hit it far (which he doesn't do)

Zach is playing really well. This course is odd for him as you have to keep it in the fairway (which he does) but you also have to hit it far (which he doesn't do)

Agree, the blue course really favors the long hitters bigtime. Nice to see Zach doing well, hopefully he can keep it going.

I really didnt expect Zach to figure in this tourney with the length of the course. Just a testament to his game to see him performing so well...

Aside from Zach, it would be nice to see Mcllroy win considering the tank job at the Masters.

Zach has now missed the last five greens. It has taken some excellent bunker shots to remain at -3. He is in the rough on his latest hole and is in danger of falling back another shot.

Zach had one of the great grinder back nines ever at the US Open. Outside of that one missed 5 footer,he putted so clutch all day,really. I think he only had 24 putts the whole day...and made at least 4 great sand saves. It was cool that DirectTV had his foursome as one of the designated for their own channel..704,so I could watch him tee to green for all 18. That putt he made on 18 was nails. This course is not his type of length but the way he is putting he has a chance to be there just in case Rory blows up. Wish Rory was at -5 or -4 so there would be some drama. At least 18 shaved him down by two...might mess with his head on Saturday.

Going into this week, Zach was plus 94 at the US Open. Pretty nice first 2 rounds. He needs to keep it in the short stuff this weekend.

No thank you. I don't mind Rory, but him and Lee Westwood are anti PGA Tour. I want to see an American win this thing.

So you don't like Rory because he wants to play closer to home a lot? That's pretty sad. He is an amazing talent and I would love to see him win this tournament.

No thank you. I don't mind Rory, but him and Lee Westwood are anti PGA Tour. I want to see an American win this thing.

Im sur ethe european equivilant is a very good tour. I dont see a problem with them choosing to stay on their own continent.

So you don't like Rory because he wants to play closer to home a lot? That's pretty sad. He is an amazing talent and I would love to see him win this tournament.

Ha-Ha, settle down dude. I just would rather see an American win this thing.

Last edited:

Latest posts