You're not gonna wanna hear this....

True.

But....when you don't get any pressure on the quarterback with your regular pass rush, you're going to get beat unless you add something else to the mix.

This works against Iowa State, even Michigan. But not against a good O-Line like Wisconisn.

This is the correct answer. When Tolzien was getting all day to throw, their passing game was going to have success in addition to their running game. Our D is still fairly solid, but I think not as good as a year ago.

Becaus I have had it with excuses. Its always "just one play" or "the better team lost"

if you think my comment was just about us being "one play away" i apologize. but as bad as we played, we were seriously one stop from winning that game.

curious... why did we lose this game jweg?

if you think my comment was just about us being "one play away" i apologize. but as bad as we played, we were seriously one stop from winning that game.

curious... why did we lose this game jweg?

The screw-up on the time out was bad, but seemed much larger because it happened at the end of the game. Of course I dont know why we lost, but lots of possibilities - botched xp, botched fg, wisconsin massive o-line, etc.

But our D is seriously overrated. All that crap about being the #1 run D, I see its because we played crap teams to get that stat. WOW

You're an idiot. We held a Wisky team that averages 238 ypg and 5.4 ypc to 142 and 3.7.

The screw-up on the time out was bad, but seemed much larger because it happened at the end of the game. Of course I dont know why we lost, but lots of possibilities - botched xp, botched fg, wisconsin massive o-line, etc.

but yet you'll yell at someone for saying all we had to do was stop a team from executing a fake punt deep in their own territory. listen man, i'm not saying that's the only play that lost the game- there was a helluva lot more that screwed that game up. the thing that pisses me off is it kind of seems like we lost that game on stuff that we normally win on- execution in every aspect of the game.

my point is even with all the mistakes we made, we still only had to stop that play and more than likely we're not having this discussion.

But our D is seriously overrated. All that crap about being the #1 run D, I see its because we played crap teams to get that stat. WOW

Sorry, but you're wrong. I'd put much more onto Iowa's pass D in this game than the run D. Iowa's run D held Wisky to minimum production on the group through much of the game. As it is, Iowa still held them to 80 yards under their average. And, were it not for the fake punt ... you would have been applauding our run D for their impressive outing.

Hey people, get a grip. It is not like we were playing the sisters of the poor. Wisconsin is a good team, just like us. We made errors on special teams, defense, offense, and coaching decisions, it was not a perfect game. We are still a good team and can have a good year. If last spring I would have offered most of you a 10-2, 9-3 season you would have said, "Sign me up." Special teams has been and continues to be our achilles heal that needs some serious help.

Hey people, get a grip. It is not like we were playing the sisters of the poor. Wisconsin is a good team, just like us. We made errors on special teams, defense, offense, and coaching decisions, it was not a perfect game. We are still a good team and can have a good year. If last spring I would have offered most of you a 10-2, 9-3 season you would have said, "Sign me up." Special teams has been and continues to be our achilles heal that needs some serious help.

Agreed.. I'm hurting right now, but we still have a good time and I think there's alot of good football left. We'll see what next Saturday brings, but I'm still optimistic we can finish strong.

Special teams.. Easy to make an argument that both of our losses this year are because of it.

I'm not disappointed in the run defense. 146 yards on 38 carries to Wisconsin isn't awful. We don't get off the field on 3rd on 4th downs and more often then not it's a function of pass coverage then run defense. Our bend but don't break philosophy isn't as effective with less pressure and our linebacker play has been exposed as you'd expect with 2 new starters and a ton of injuries.

Frankly we miss Norm. I don't think we're making many mid game adjustments, we're missing the occasional well timed blitz, and our defense hasn't made the progress this year it normally does.

Special teams are simply killing us.

The Monday morning qb's have definitely been given some fodder on a few fronts this week.

On a positive note I thought our 0-line play was terrific and continues to get better each week. Despite a 1 running back offense I like our results from Robinson. Our receivers played well other than a Chaney drop.

Latest posts