Your Starting 5 vs. What You Think It Will Actually Be...

Fryowa

Administrator
Title says it all...

List the starting 5 you'd put on the floor, and then list the starting 5 you think Fran will put on the floor. Obviously they can be the same.

Go...

Mine
JT
Perkins
Keegan
Patrick
Rebraca

Fran’s
Jbo instead of Perkins.
Perkins is a very interesting player. He's athletic as all get out plays hard on D. That much we know. How good is his offensive game is the question. We just haven't seen enough of him to really know yet. Athletically he's all that and a bag of chips

JBo, Fran will start him
Keegan Murray
Rebracca
JT
Perkins/Patrick
Only question is will Fran put Conner on the bench, I hope so, but my gut instinct is Fran starts him because of his "experience".
He just has so many players that will play it's gonna be similar to a Davis line switch. Fran can go big, fast, or shooters. It will be interesting who gets the playing time. My belief is Ulis outplays JT for the point.

Perkins is a very interesting player. He's athletic as all get out plays hard on D. That much we know. How good is his offensive game is the question. We just haven't seen enough of him to really know yet. Athletically he's all that and a bag of chips
I think Perkins has a good but raw offensive game and I think he'll be asked to do more this year with mixed success. He was a scorer in high school and think he has the ability to score in the same ways in college (driving/slashing to the basket and finishing more consistently). Hopefully he can add more of an outside shot as well (only shot 3 last year), not expecting CJ Fed or Jok but I think 35% shooter from 3 is achievable for him and maybe better by SR year.

I'm optimistic about him and think he looked more and more comfortable last year as he got more minutes.

I think Perkins has a good but raw offensive game and I think he'll be asked to do more this year with mixed success. He was a scorer in high school and think he has the ability to score in the same ways in college (driving/slashing to the basket and finishing more consistently). Hopefully he can add more of an outside shot as well (only shot 3 last year), not expecting CJ Fed or Jok but I think 35% shooter from 3 is achievable for him and maybe better by SR year.

I'm optimistic about him and think he looked more and more comfortable last year as he got more minutes.
I know this may be a stretch, but I think his game may just remind a few of us older fans of the late great Roy Marble (at least I sure hope so!) Strong, tough, athletic, above the rim player, not afraid to mix it up, scores mostly 10' and in. I think he has a bright future and we are gonna love him.

BUT, I don't look for him to start this year mostly because you don't re-recruit a 28 year old all time Hawkeye to come off the bench. But won't it be interesting if he totally tears it up, similar to Roy's coming out party in the Maui Classic? Prior to that Roy was still feeling his way. There was no TV coverage and I remember listening on the radio and thinking, wow, who is this guy?! And the rest is history!

Starting 5 same as Fran.
JT
JBO
MURRAY 1
PM
SERBIAN

November

JT
JBo
PM
Kee. M
Rebracca

February

Uhlis
JBo
Kris Murray
Kee. Murray
Rebracca

Outside shooting will dictate who gets major minutes at the point and the 3 spot.

Sounds right.

I hope Cmac is a role player. But like other posters have been saying he could start. Ugh.

I read somewhere, and now I can't find it, where Ogundele was starting over Rebraca in the exhibition game. Exhibition and all but that was a bit of a surprise.

I read somewhere, and now I can't find it, where Ogundele was starting over Rebraca in the exhibition game. Exhibition and all but that was a bit of a surprise.
I'd be surprised if that happens, I think the Big O will be used like our last English player, brought in to give effort and minutes. Or we might be looking at Rebraca playing forward, and O and the freshman sharing the post.

I have very much optimism

For this Riley Kat

He will quite possibly develop into a solid center off the bench

He has defensive skills, somewhat better than Luka

JBo
The Brick Wall, JT
Keegan
Patrick
Rebracca

Off the bench
Perkins
Ulis
The other Twin
Riley

And I do believe the second string will do well

There is a lot of talent on this team

Last edited:
I have very much optimism

For this Riley Kat

He will quite possibly develop into a solid center off the bench

He has defensive skills, somewhat better than Luka

JBo
The Brick Wall, JT
Keegan
Patrick
Rebracca

Off the bench
Perkins
Ulis
The other Twin
Riley

And I do believe the second string will do well

There is a lot of talent on this team
Yeah he's a shot blocker at the HS level anyway. Some of his tape I saw he was aggressive at going after em. I don't think I saw him take a shot outside the front of the rim so I'm not sure how about his offensive game but he likes to dunk it when he can and is a tall long kid. How they split up the mins between those 3 big guys will be interesting.