Your Bold Predictions for 2022

One of the weirdest things about prognosticating this season is there are many teams where not only are incoming freshman inexperienced with hostile road games, but the entire team is. There are not a lot of ISU or Wisconsin or Nebraska players that have played in Kinnick with fans. Michigan has played in one hostile place last year which they lost (MSU, rough crowd for them) and they don't have a road game before stepping foot into Iowa City. If you didn't have a rough road game last year, you may not even know how your team handles pressure and can they execute in high pressure situations.

Nice thought and theory, but Iowa is Nebby's last game so they will have plenty of road game experience by then. Iowa will be Wisky's 4th road game, which includes playing in Columbus and at Michigan St, so I'm not sure it will really be that much of a factor by then.

On the first play of the season, I predict the Brian will call a zone read to the short side of the field. Kirk will cue the Iowa Band to play "Thanks for the Memories" and we will run an entirely new offense going forward.
Ok. My original prediction did not come to pass.
My new prediction is that the SDSU game offense was a deliberate attempt to deceive Iowa State by keeping our new, high powered offense under wraps. Brian will unveil it this weekend with 40+ points to the delight of us all.

In this thread we'll post our game by game predictions, W/L records and or personnel / story line predictions.

Iowa will finish 8-4. Losses OSU, UM, Nebraska and Wisconsin

The offense will be improved. (honestly could it get worse?). Better run blocking and pass blocking, QBs should improve anyway

Leshon Williams will pass Gavin. Gavin is very decisive and runs with power but he misses opportunities to make cuts. We'll be pleased

Defense will be better but they'll play against better offenses, so at year end stats will be skewed. The DLine will dominate most opponents.

anyone want to name somebody who will come out of nowhere?

The offense will be improved. (honestly could it get worse?). Better run blocking and pass blocking, QBs should improve anyway

Revision

2 wins

Ok. My original prediction did not come to pass.
My new prediction is that the SDSU game offense was a deliberate attempt to deceive Iowa State by keeping our new, high powered offense under wraps. Brian will unveil it this weekend with 40+ points to the delight of us all.
OK.
Apparently, Brian is now waiting for the B10 opener to introduce the new offense.

What a great bump to this thread.

While I said 11-1 I did say our defense was stellar and Tory Taylor would win the MVP in the title game because our offense was shitty,

I was right in who would be good but not in outcome.

Revision

2 wins
And one more thing. by mid October the defense will be gassed...injuries will mount and it will become even harder to watch.

smile.

6-6....will have to beat Neb to make crappy bowl. Trophy case will be cleared out except for the nebby one.