Your Bold Predictions for 2022

Bold Negative: I don’t like the D line and think it struggles badly

Bold Positive: I like the O line and think we have a great run game this year.

Offense looks significantly better than last year, Petras completes 60%. But we have a worse record @ 9-3 or 8-4. Tough schedule. Losses to Michigan, @ tOSU and @ Minnesota and one surprise. We finally get a piece of Purdue this year. Our D will be pissed.

The Williams boys rush for 1100 yards combined and Johnson/Patterson end up with 3 TDs between them. Lots of passes out of the backfield and fresh bodies at RB.
MN won’t beat us.

Iowa's two kickers are going to share kicking duties this year. One will take the PAT's and shorter kicks and the other is going to take the longer attempts and do kick-off duties.

Win 4 preseason games
Win one we shouldn’t (osu or mich)
Lose two we shouldn’t (ill & nw)
Split the remaining 2-2 (wis, min, neb, pur)

Finish 7-5 and head to music city bowl

Defense is better but doesn’t have the turnovers as last year.

Offense sucks but Petras throws for 300+ and 4 touchdowns in one conference game that isn’t Rutgers.

Sign Kirk and Brian through the 2045 season. Max deals.

Win 4 preseason games
There’s no such thing as a preseason game. They all count towards your record.

But—assuming you mean out of conference games, what 4 are we going to win? Did Barta sneak another game in the schedule that we don’t know about?

My bold prediction is safe like most of the rest of you. Prediction = KF is actually hard to predict.

That said, history says with vet qb that the record will slide. 5-7 with losses to ISU, MN, OSU, M, W, Purdue, and Nebby. Wouldn't put a lot of money against the jack rabbits. Stout D. Worse O. Then again see opening statement.

10-2, loss to OSU, and one other-can't decide who yet. Maybe Michigan, maybe Purdue streak continues.....we make it to title game, and lose to OSU again. Should still get a nice bowl game out of it all.

My bold prediction is safe like most of the rest of you. Prediction = KF is actually hard to predict.

That said, history says with vet qb that the record will slide. 6-7 with losses to ISU, MN, OSU, M, W, Purdue, and Nebby. Wouldn't put a lot of money against the jack rabbits. Stout D. Worse O. Then again see opening statement.
Would you like to bet $50 to the Children's Hospital that the Hawks will finish better than 6-6?

I mean, there's no loser there...Stead gets a donation either way.

My bold prediction is that Petras throws for 3000 yds with a 62% compl pct and BFerentz wins coaching coordinator of year awards.

That said, history says with vet qb that the record will slide. 5-7 with losses to ISU, MN, OSU, M, W, Purdue, and Nebby. Wouldn't put a lot of money against the jack rabbits. Stout D. Worse O. Then again see opening statement.
I see you changed it to 5-7, I figured your typo actually went the other way.

In any case, my 6-6 offer still stands. Be a good guy and let's shake on it...it's for a good cause.

Would you like to bet $50 to the Children's Hospital that the Hawks will finish better than 6-6?

I mean, there's no loser there...Stead gets a donation either way.
Let me think about it. I"ve given them plenty of money (daughter) over the years. Think you heard my story about how as a patient she couldn't get in to see the stadium from my wheel chair as they were entertaining boosters and they were too important to allow her to the window. Btw, it is a good hospital and she's been in St. Louis, Chicago, and Peoria childrens hospitals and it's as good as any of them. Btw, the place is mostly a ghost town on Saturdays. Not saying there aren't kids that experience it, but it's largely (my observation) a show. On my rant, the RM House parents have to park on the back 40 and can't park at Carver on days when nothing is going on w/o a ticket. Parents of kids long term in hospital need to have better access to cars.

Off my rant, KF is impossible to predict. In most years Iowa is about 3 positions short of a playoff position. They are usually that good at most. The 3 positions are so bad (such as the former punter and this years qb, they are always close to disaster. This year I think is the year. Can't lose 2 play makers with no one to make up to make it work. Opponents will have so much video on Petras that it will be ugly. I"m not old, but my friends from college think I'm the biggest Hawk fan ever. I've become more realistic. The margin last year was so tight. Won't have the 2 experienced playmakers. Losing players to early draft is actually a good thing. Losing to the portal is inevitable, but you need replacements.

There’s no such thing as a preseason game. They all count towards your record.

But—assuming you mean out of conference games, what 4 are we going to win? Did Barta sneak another game in the schedule that we don’t know about?
I think it goes without saying to the average reader that the 4 preseason games are referring to the buttercup games we play in September. Yes- that includes Rutgers due to basic process of elimination if you read the post.

Surprised you didn’t jump out of your seat to inform me that Kirk would be 90 in 2045.

Offense looks significantly better than last year, Petras completes 60%. But we have a worse record @ 9-3 or 8-4. Tough schedule. Losses to Michigan, @ tOSU and @ Minnesota and one surprise. We finally get a piece of Purdue this year. Our D will be pissed.

The Williams boys rush for 1100 yards combined and Johnson/Patterson end up with 3 TDs between them. Lots of passes out of the backfield and fresh bodies at RB.
I have that same feeling. I think O will be a little better than last year. How much so I don't know. Hopefully better than 80th? Is that too high of a bar? But regardless 9 wins will be tough. Min, Wisky, Purdue all won't be easy. on top of Michigan and OSU that most think we'll lose. There's an argument to be made that we lose 5 games and still have a significantly better offense then last year. That said how couldn't the O be better? It was beyond bad last year.