Your 20th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes

I think THIS Saturday is the little selection show process dealie they do every season. Where they take you behind the process and they seed the top 16 teams in advance - Iowa wins on Thursday they are likely in that seeding show, if they lose, they are likely still a team being discussed. That'll be fun.

10-5 vs Kenpom top 100. I'll take that.

View attachment 4965

Iowa isn't going to miss the dance this year, the jig is up. Embrace it Hawkeye fans, it's ok to come out from under the rock. When you play well, there isn't any ammo for the people gunning for ya.

I fully expect them to lose Thursday too, so people can save it. :rolleyes:

Iowa isn't going to miss the dance this year, the jig is up. Embrace it Hawkeye fans, it's ok to come out from under the rock. When you play well, there isn't any ammo for the people gunning for ya.

Exactly! They are firmly in at the moment, that's not even up for debate. I'm expecting 5-4 the rest of the way including a loss Thursday. 11-9 and they are an auto bid lock, even with a first game loss in the BTT.

Yep, I think our yearly "bubble" status has finally popped.

The 11 folks who think a 17-5 record, playing a Top 25 schedule, and coming off a double digit win against the #5 team in the country isn't deserving of a Top 25 ranking really just need to have their credentials pulled and start serving me fries at Mickey D's.....

Good to see us back up there. I'm hoping we play our best ball at the end of the year. It's been an entertaining season so far. I was thinking 10-10 or possibly 11-9 in the B1G this year and we have a great chance to exceed that.

Iowa only plays 1 game next week (at Rutgers), so if Iowa can somehow win at Indiana and home against NW this week, they could move up the rankings significantly 2 weeks from now.

That being said I picked them to lose on Thursday in Bloomington. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Fran hasn't had a team spend the first 2/3 of the season setting themselves up good, then finish strong. That makes it hard to even picture happening now. But "what if" it does? Imagine if we win the last 6 like White did. Most people (including myself) think more about missing the tourney than finishing strong. But it is possible.

Iowa only plays 1 game next week (at Rutgers), so if Iowa can somehow win at Indiana and home against NW this week, they could move up the rankings significantly 2 weeks from now.

That being said I picked them to lose on Thursday in Bloomington. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yeah...winning at Indiana for Iowa has been no picnic. I watched pretty much all of the MSU - Indiana game and MSU was awful at the free throw line...5-15 at one point...and several of those were one and ones. Indiana has struggled all year from 3 and they made some shots down the stretch...every time they needed it. I was impressed with how hard Indiana played though. They were sound defensively...and competed. It's going to be a tough road environment and another B10 war.

Fran hasn't had a team spend the first 2/3 of the season setting themselves up good, then finish strong. That makes it hard to even picture happening now. But "what if" it does? Imagine if we win the last 6 like White did. Most people (including myself) think more about missing the tourney than finishing strong. But it is possible.
I'm pretty sure we won the last 4 two years ago. And a lot of those guys are still around.

I'm pretty sure we won the last 4 two years ago. And a lot of those guys are still around.

Yea but that year we weren't positioned well up to that point. We still need one year where it comes together all year, and improve as the year goes on. Its entirely possible that this is the year that happens. It's strange how little thought I've given to that happening.

They're not that far away from getting to the 4-line. That should get them to DM.

Lace 'em Thursday and let's play. Nebraska went in there and whipped them by fifteen.

I will be very interested in seeing if our defense travels down there, like Nebraska's did. Indiana has put up pinball type offensive numbers on us the last several times we've played there.

Hawks were a young team the last 2 years. This needs to pay off in February. Hawks need to win away from IC in conference to get more experience for March and match that home intensity on the road. Keep the wins coming. Go Hawks!

Latest posts