Your 20th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes

Iowa only plays 1 game next week (at Rutgers), so if Iowa can somehow win at Indiana and home against NW this week, they could move up the rankings significantly 2 weeks from now.

That being said I picked them to lose on Thursday in Bloomington. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Thursday's game really needs to be won to show some stability. I don't want to see a 95-80 fricken blowout to a, frankly, pretty disjointed indy team.

Iowa has not gone through a 10 game stretch all season losing more than 3. So it looks like Iowa will be winning at Indiana and 6 of their next 7 overall. I mean...the numbers don't lie.

they just beat MSU at The Breslin. LOL
I know. But that win was a total outlier. I posted elsewhere that MSU wins if they shoot their normal FT percentage or Indiana shoots their normal 3 percentage.

And Morgan went down. If I'm wrong everyone can call me out after the game. I am about 80% confident we will sweep Indiana.

I know. But that win was a total outlier. I posted elsewhere that MSU wins if they shoot their normal FT percentage or Indiana shoots their normal 3 percentage.

And Morgan went down. If I'm wrong everyone can call me out after the game. I am about 80% confident we will sweep Indiana.

I hope you're right and I give the hawks more than a punchers chance in that. I was more replying to the other poster.

Morgan being out or not playing 100% won't hurt our chances Thursday. He was limited in practice yesterday.

The Hoosiers beating MSU should get our players attention. They shouldn't be overlooking Indiana. We have a ton of time to prepare for Indiana. Very winnable game. I thought the same thing for Minnesota though.

Excited to see how this team finishes. Let's get on a roll and get hot for the tournament.

And how many in a row did they lose bf that? All I am inferring is IU is way beatable either home or away.

agree 100% - they are very beatable. They are also super talented, young and likely have the best win for any team in the country this season. Indiana was ranked less than a month ago. College basketball's regular season is about as streaky as can be. Teams get hot and play very well through certain parts of the year. The same can be said about times where the team can't seem to beat anyone, even some of the worst teams in the country. Something clicks. Most teams, except for maybe a top 10 caliber of team go through those types of spells through out the year. I think any time Iowa wins on the road, even if it's against the bottom 4 of this league, its a huge win and frankly I expect to lose all road games.

agree 100% - they are very beatable. They are also super talented, young and likely have the best win for any team in the country this season. Indiana was ranked less than a month ago. College basketball's regular season is about as streaky as can be. Teams get hot and play very well through certain parts of the year. The same can be said about times where the team can't seem to beat anyone, even some of the worst teams in the country. Something clicks. Most teams, except for maybe a top 10 caliber of team go through those types of spells through out the year. I think any time Iowa wins on the road, even if it's against the bottom 4 of this league, its a huge win and frankly I expect to lose all road games.

To have a coach and team where we expect to lose all conf road games is really...pathetic. Franny aint all that.

Who's "we"?

right? I expect to lose all road games - all of them. I've been watching college hoops for 30 years and not just Iowa. Typically when I W & L a season, I put all true road games in the L column. I obviously know that's highly unlikely - but IMO - it helps cover me when Iowa loses one at home I didn't expect. Road wins against anyone IMO are rare and all gold.

Iowa just needs to play one possession at a time, which they did very well in the victory over Michigan.

There are plenty of winnable games among the nine remaining on the schedule. We just need to win our share and we will dance. That would be an incredible achievement for a team that went 14-19 last year.

I assume we will beat any team that isn't as good as we are...home or away I don't expect us to win road games where the teams are comparable. But when I think we clearly have the better team I anticipate a win. Of course we will lose some. And we will lose some home games. But I consider it an upset if we lose a home game to a team that isn't clearly better than us.

I think we are better than Indiana, Rutgers, Ohio State and Nebraska. They're road games. So I certainly won't be shocked if we lose 1...or disappointed if we lose 2. But on a game by game analysis I assume we will win all 4.

I don't expect us to win at Wisconsin. And I assume we will win our remaining home games.

Wouldn't you know it....MSU shot 36% from the line against Indiana at home. They shot 85% against us in our two games. Indiana is known for their terrific FT defense, I guess.

I assume we will beat any team that isn't as good as we are...home or away I don't expect us to win road games where the teams are comparable. But when I think we clearly have the better team I anticipate a win. Of course we will lose some. And we will lose some home games. But I consider it an upset if we lose a home game to a team that isn't clearly better than us.

I think we are better than Indiana, Rutgers, Ohio State and Nebraska. They're road games. So I certainly won't be shocked if we lose 1...or disappointed if we lose 2. But on a game by game analysis I assume we will win all 4.

I don't expect us to win at Wisconsin. And I assume we will win our remaining home games.

And the WI game should be the one Iowa absolutely should want the most.

Yep, Iowa is a fringe Top-25 team this year. In and out of the polls, kinda hanging around.

Hoping with some winnable games coming up that they can surge and Get into the Top 20, though. Maybe Top-15... And grab a solid NCAA Tournament seed. Like 4-5? With a reasonable shot at playing past the first weekend. IMO that's probably our realistic best-case scenario.. I'd be pretty thrilled with that.

Come on boys, finish strong and stay off those 7-8 lines at least! I get tired of playing Duke, Kentucky, etc in round two.

Yep, Iowa is a fringe Top-25 team this year. In and out of the polls, kinda hanging around.

Hoping with some winnable games coming up that they can surge and Get into the Top 20, though. Maybe Top-15... And grab a solid NCAA Tournament seed. Like 4-5? With a reasonable shot at playing past the first weekend. IMO that's probably our realistic best-case scenario.. I'd be pretty thrilled with that.

Come on boys, finish strong and stay off those 7-8 lines at least! I get tired of playing Duke, Kentucky, etc in round two.
We definitely need to get a 6 seed...or better. I think there are about half a dozen top tier teams this year. After that I think the next 30 or so can all beat each other.

The last comment is why I expect a lot of Big 10 representation in the Sweet 16. Every team in our conference will have played about 15 NCAA Tournament games since January. And a neutral court shouldn’t bother any of us after 10 Big 10 road games.

We definitely need to get a 6 seed...or better. I think there are about half a dozen top tier teams this year. After that I think the next 30 or so can all beat each other.

The last comment is why I expect a lot of Big 10 representation in the Sweet 16. Every team in our conference will have played about 15 NCAA Tournament games since January. And a neutral court shouldn’t bother any of us after 10 Big 10 road games.

Agreed. 6 seed minimum is what I want to see. Big difference between playing a 3 in the second round, and a 1-2. And depending on the match up, you may be getting an opponent that's fringe 3-4 seed. Not to mention a better chance of a first round upset opposite you, and getting a 14 seed in the second round.

2 seeds don't go down in the first round often. 1 seeds never do - except for one time. It doesn't seem that unusual to see a 3 seed get upset in the first round. Steve Alford can tell you.

Agreed. 6 seed minimum is what I want to see. Big difference between playing a 3 in the second round, and a 1-2. And depending on the match up, you may be getting an opponent that's fringe 3-4 seed. Not to mention a better chance of a first round upset opposite you, and getting a 14 seed in the second round.

2 seeds don't go down in the first round often. 1 seeds never do - except for one time.
Virginia could get the chance to go back to back. But something tells me their 1st round draw is going to be punished for what happened last year.

Latest posts