You guys are draining

olddude

How many times has Iowa pulled an upset in the last 10 years? As fans you ask that the players to never quit, and say things like "character shows up when the chips are down". Yet here you all are all doom and gloom WITH A GAME IN TWO DAYS!. Every game counts, every game is important.
I get where we are at. I have watched what has happened. I see a team that needs a ton of work, but I also see a team that puts on the pads and goes out and gives it all they have, for nothing more then the love of it. What do any of us devote that much time to, for nothing more then the love of it? (except Vin and his post count)
Bashing is not going to help. If you want a coach gone email Barta or who ever. But these kids deserve better then to be bashed on.
When all the men went to war, the women stepped it up and went to work. I know that was a different time and a different generation, but come on society can not be so bad that we cant even man up like those women of yesteryear did. Put on your big boy fan face and get back to the Iowa attitude of never quit and lets go see if we can will this team to a W. Break the rock. Punch it threw. Make the Huskers hurt and truly bleed red.

Please dont remind me of the 2010 team. Cuz many of you are acting just like them.

How many times has Iowa pulled an upset in the last 10 years? As fans you ask that the players to never quit, and say things like "character shows up when the chips are down". Yet here you all are all doom and gloom WITH A GAME IN TWO DAYS!. Every game counts, every game is important.
I get where we are at. I have watched what has happened. I see a team that needs a ton of work, but I also see a team that puts on the pads and goes out and gives it all they have, for nothing more then the love of it. What do any of us devote that much time to, for nothing more then the love of it? (except Vin and his post count)
Bashing is not going to help. If you want a coach gone email Barta or who ever. But these kids deserve better then to be bashed on.
When all the men went to war, the women stepped it up and went to work. I know that was a different time and a different generation, but come on society can not be so bad that we cant even man up like those women of yesteryear did. Put on your big boy fan face and get back to the Iowa attitude of never quit and lets go see if we can will this team to a W. Break the rock. Punch it threw. Make the Huskers hurt and truly bleed red.

Please dont remind me of the 2010 team. Cuz many of you are acting just like them.

And your posts are consistently the equivalent of the 2012 team.

images

Not to be doom and gloom, but I think that's the big issue with this season. Ever since Penn State this team has regressed and shown (in my opinion) no signs of hope.

Can any team pull off an upset? Sure. But this team can't even find very many moral victories to hang it's hat on.

Am I rooting for them? Sure. Am I going to give myself false hope that there is a chance? Nope.

olddude - you've told me before each of the last four games that this was going to be the start of a winning streak. Each time, you get my hopes up and then Iowa falls short. My heart just can't take it anymore.

Not to be doom and gloom, but I think that's the big issue with this season. Ever since Penn State this team has regressed and shown (in my opinion) no signs of hope.

Can any team pull off an upset? Sure. But this team can't even find very many moral victories to hang it's hat on.

Am I rooting for them? Sure. Am I going to give myself false hope that there is a chance? Nope.

Maybe it's because they keep doing the same thing week in and week out expecting different results?

olddude - you've told me before each of the last four games that this was going to be the start of a winning streak. Each time, you get my hopes up and then Iowa falls short. My heart just can't take it anymore.

So....you're easily manipulated. Don't blame old dude. :)

I asked KF how he felt about the behavior of our message, and he said,"that's message boards...chomp chomp snort".

I put all my vcash on the Hawks!!!!! I did get over 15 points, but that is besides the point. :)

dude ... physician, heal thyself.

Seems to me that, basking in your self-manliness, you shouldn't be affected by the "drainers". Sounds like a "you" problem.

As for glorifying the effort, I heard that during senior day introductions, in addition to the flower for Mom, The Corporal and Gar-Bar will give each senior player this:
Participation-Ribbon

Participation Ribbon by Athletic Awards

When all the men went to war, the women stepped it up and went to work. I know that was a different time and a different generation, but come on society can not be so bad that we cant even man up like those women of yesteryear did.

Are the Hawks playing the Nazi's on Friday? If so, definitely America's team for this Thanksgiving.

Latest posts