You can't polish a turd.

taffaej

I said the Hawks would start out 0-1 and nobody wanted to believe me. Of course I wanted to be wrong but truth is we still don’t have the players as recruiting has indicated.

The positives from the game are few, Rudock pretty sharp with a lively arm. He stepped up in the pocket even when he knew he was going to get hit. Experience I think is all he needs, not the strongest arm in the world but I like that he can make decisions faster than what was happening last year.

The Negitives – pretty much the entire coaching staff. This version of football sucked, I am not quite sure what I was watching. It wasn’t West Coast offense and it wasn’t BigTen football either, it was kind of like a turd…. A pile of mixed up crap that dropped out. I don’t want to watch up tempo schemes from the past years that clearly didn’t work.

Thanks to Ken O’Keefe for helping Davis with the game plan.(bubble screen).

Screen+shot+2012-02-28+at+3.23.51+PM.png

I said the Hawks would start out 0-1 and nobody wanted to believe me. Of course I wanted to be wrong but truth is we still don’t have the players as recruiting has indicated.

The positives from the game are few, Rudock pretty sharp with a lively arm. He stepped up in the pocket even when he knew he was going to get hit. Experience I think is all he needs, not the strongest arm in the world but I like that he can make decisions faster than what was happening last year.

The Negitives – pretty much the entire coaching staff. This version of football sucked, I am not quite sure what I was watching. It wasn’t West Coast offense and it wasn’t BigTen football either, it was kind of like a turd…. A pile of mixed up crap that dropped out. I don’t want to watch up tempo schemes from the past years that clearly didn’t work.

cool.

The coaches showed a complete lack of feel for the game and a total mis-understanding of what was the best course of action for the team from the third quarter onwards. It was a monumental screw up that had nothing to do with the players on the field. The coaches failed to put this team in a position to close out the game for 30:00 of football time. It is inexcusable and in any organization such systemic failure when "post-mortemed" would reveal the incompetence of management, leading to a complete cleaning of house.

The coaches showed a complete lack of feel for the game and a total mis-understanding of what was the best course of action for the team from the third quarter onwards. It was a monumental screw up that had nothing to do with the players on the field. The coaches failed to put this team in a position to close out the game for 30:00 of football time. It is inexcusable and in any organization such systemic failure when "post-mortemed" would reveal the incompetence of management, leading to a complete cleaning of house.

It wouldn't be a big deal if this happened just once. But this happens a lot. This is not opinion, it's fact.

Are we somehow pinning this loss on KOK? Not sure how that's even possible, but if you need a whipping boy.

7 years or 15 Million. That is our Faustian choice.

K THX Gar Bear

Wundergrape,

I'm more optimistic about this season than a lot of people here, but I'm also realistic. Our coaching (KF) has been downright awful for years. At times we have had teams won despite him at the helm. To deny that this is a pattern shows you probably don't watch the games at all, and you should leave the discussion for the people who do.

No offense.

Wundergrape,

I'm more optimistic about this season than a lot of people here, but I'm also realistic. Our coaching (KF) has been downright awful for years. At times we have had teams won despite him at the helm. To deny that this is a pattern shows you probably don't watch the games at all, and you should leave the discussion for the people who do.

No offense.

you should change your screen name from hocks to hoks. more telling that way.

The only thing worse than Iowa losing opening week is all of the negative Nancy's coming in here to say I told you so.

I am as disappointed as anyone, but this team is still much better than last year. I am really hoping that Daniels can get on the field this weekend so Kurt can have confidence in him going forward. After watching the scrimmage, he showed the best pop through the line of any of the RBs.

The only thing worse than Iowa losing opening week is all of the negative Nancy's coming in here to say I told you so.

I am as disappointed as anyone, but this team is still much better than last year. I am really hoping that Daniels can get on the field this weekend so Kurt can have confidence in him going forward. After watching the scrimmage, he showed the best pop through the line of any of the RBs.

THEN WHY THE F DIDN'T HE PLAY!?

I think you just unwittingly demonstrated the opposite of that which you were arguing.

Does not Kurt have authority in deciding if a player sees the field?

First of all, the OP is wrong. ISU has been polishing turds for years and it's worked for them. They have a turd polishing wall of fame. Right now, Paul Rhodes is cementing his legacy as the greatest turd polisher in the history of Cyclone Football. Paul says the secret is licking the turd to get the wet shine.

I think you just unwittingly demonstrated the opposite of that which you were arguing.

I think you may still be drunk, or don't understand what I am arguing.

Pretty obvious that Kurt doesn't go with a true Freshman when he has two safe JRs on the roster. Which is why I hope Daniels sees the field this weekend in a blowout and gives confidence to Kurt that he won't fumble or miss a block or whatever else he is scared about.

I think you may still be drunk, or don't understand what I am arguing.

Pretty obvious that Kurt doesn't go with a true Freshman when he has two safe JRs on the roster. Which is why I hope Daniels sees the field this weekend in a blowout and gives confidence to Kurt that he won't fumble or miss a block or whatever else he is scared about.

I know what you are arguing. I'm arguing that Kurt's refusal to play talented freshmen because they lack experience is a fail in logical reasoning.

If he's that good, play him. Yeah, he might fumble (so did Mossad.) He might fumble, so let's operate out of fear and leave his talent sitting on the bench.

That's a winning approach right there.

I know what you are arguing. I'm arguing that Kurt's refusal to play talented freshmen because they lack experience is a fail in logical reasoning.

If he's that good, play him. Yeah, he might fumble (so did Mossad.) He might fumble, so let's operate out of fear and leave his talent sitting on the bench.

That's a winning approach right there.

Do you realize that I am not Ferentz? Because I am not sure that you do. Sleep it off, come back stronger.

Do you realize that I am not Ferentz? Because I am not sure that you do. Sleep it off, come back stronger.

You are not Ferrets, but you are arguing his line of reasoning (or assumed line of reasoning.)

I'm arguing that said line of reasoning...

Spock-I-300x224.jpg

He did not play because Kurt's process is as follows.

If the player did not play in the last game he is not eligible to be on the depth chart.

If the player in question has no live game film in a Hawkeye Uniform and is not on the depth chart, the maximum amount of plays they can be on the field for in their first action is 3 (three) not Ten not Fifteen not 4 but THREE. Even when that player is clearly the fastest WR on the field.

If the player gets tape in a Hawk Uni and gets to the point where KF trusts him to follow the gameplan and each assignment to a Tee, then he becomes one of the trusted players and can gain depth chart eligibility.

Once on the Depth Chart if Kirk has more tape and supreme confidence in the player they can become a regular contributer. Otherwise they are just on the depth chart because; 'hey someone has to be on there'.

Once they are in the "Kurt House" and not the "dog house" they are allowed to help this team win. Up until their trust account dips a little bit.

In my opinion there are a few players that are not in the "Kurt House" right now that can help us win but they will not see the field because they are 4-5 steps away from being allowed to play on KF's team.
Those players are
Damond Powell
LeShun Daniels / Jordan Canzeri
Nico Law
Any safety not named TM.

All of these little things lead to big things and the big things turn into losses. and the losses turn into turds if they are as bad as this one was. Play Damond Powell for every snap, or run the ball on 3rd and 1 and we break through and eventually score the TD going up by 2 scores late in the 4th which ices the game.

You are not Ferrets, but you are arguing his line of reasoning (or assumed line of reasoning.)

I'm arguing that said line of reasoning...

Spock-I-300x224.jpg

The fact that you still don't realize we are on the same side is funny to me. Your hate and negativity is blinding you.
Pretty sure I never said Ferentz line of reasoning is logical, just that it is his line of reasoning (which you seem to agree with). So again, I hope Daniels gets in the game this week so that Kurt can play him going forward.

Latest posts