Yes, Tom Izzo said this.....

He also called Clemmons a crappy shooter. Must have missed the scout that shows Clemmons lead the team in 3 point % last season. He also butchered Gessel's name calling him Guessel. Here's a 4 year starter in the B1G that his MSU team has played at least 8 times. Last he got his typical snarky 'Franny' comments in.

This why this sweep feels so good.

Last edited:
He also called Clemmons a crappy shooter. Must have missed the scout that shows Clemmons lead the team in 3 point % last season. He also butchered Gessel's name calling him Guessel. Here's a 4 year starter in the B1G that his MSU team has played at least 8 times. Last he got his typical snarky 'Franny' comments in.

I've never once gotten the impression that "Franny" is meant to be snarky at all. That's not really how Izzo rolls.

The best part was FINALLY getting a goal tending call.

Iowa has been tied with or lead MSU, this season, for 76 minutes and 58 seconds of the 80 minutes of both games combined! Think about that.

Yeah Izzo was full on snark in the post game, he was ****** at his team. Said Fran has always been tougher than his team, or something to the effect. And that even Fran hit a 3 in the first half. Izzo was always complimentary to Alford and Lickliter when he was kicking their *** every year. Not as much fun when it's your own rear end getting handed to you.

Yeah Izzo was full on snark in the post game, he was ****** at his team. Said Fran has always been tougher than his team, or something to the effect. And that even Fran hit a 3 in the first half. Izzo was always complimentary to Alford and Lickliter when he was kicking their *** every year. Not as much fun when it's your own rear end getting handed to you.

Considering that Fran has beaten Izzo just three times in 6 years, I don't know if you can argue that he hasn't been handing Iowa its *** since Lickliter got canned.

Izzo has never said stuff about Iowa's teams that were intended to be shots. He calls it how he sees it. Iowa's teams haven't been very tough under Fran. We've all said that thousands of times. Take it as a compliment that he's saying this team is different, because that's exactly how he means it. Hell, the "even Franny hit a 3" comment could hardly be spun as a shot at Iowa. The Hawks hit 10 threes in this game; from Izzo's perspective, it had to feel like they were coming from everywhere.

I think something that is playing into it are some of the new rules actually being enforced. They let them "play" a lot more then i have seen in other college games this year. They were not calling as tight, and I don't think Izzo knows how to coach when you can’t thug your way through a game.

I respect Izzo. He's been there forever and pours his heart into it. He's not one of those guys that's bounced around forever always looking for a higher profile higher paying gig. He's had lots of chances to go to the NBA and other schools. I can only imagine how mad and frustrated he must have been after last night. I'm still trying to grasp how that was possible. I mean is Iowa getting that much better as a team and we shouldn't be surprised by that? Or do we just matchup well with them and have their number? I'm not going to read too much into his post game comments. The guy had to be just thinking out loud and what coach hasn't said things they wouldn't have with a little more time to think about it?

Said post game that the Hawks "flat out kicked our arse".

Tell me you don't crack a smile.....

attachment.php

I believe this is the exact moment he realized we "flat out kicked our arse". He was making the same expression on both ends..................:D

Attachments

• IMG_20160114_191600194.jpg
    IMG_20160114_191600194.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts