Yes, Iowa won, but…

tweeterhawk

… anyone else just a wee bit concerned that special teams and defense are turning out to be Iowa’s offense?

Of the 33 points the Hokks put up yesterday, 26 came from 4 field goals, a 100-yard kickoff return and a pick 6. Only 7 points were the result of a true offensive play.

There’ve been several threads this fall about the weakness of Iowa’s attack. But sooner or later in our last two games our flaccid ability to move the ball will be exposed (once again.)

Iowa’s offensive stats are incredibly bad. The current OC needs to be replaced and the staff needs to focus on bringing in better pkayers, especially at the skill positions.

At this point why worry or fret, we are who we are at this point in the season. Maybe this team will be best known for pulling bunnies out of the hat. I’ll take it over looking good and losing close games…….can be painful to watch at times but the wins are nice to read about the next day, no? Have to give this year’s players some credit……..maybe a lot.

9-2 vs 3-8 and we’re the underdog this Fri………a rare situation indeed.

At this point why worry or fret, we are who we are at this point in the season. Maybe this team will be best known for pulling bunnies out of the hat. I’ll take it over looking good and losing close games…….can be painful to watch at times but the wins are nice to read about the next day, no? Have to give this year’s players some credit……..maybe a lot.

9-2 vs 3-8 and we’re the underdog this Fri………a rare situation indeed.
Can you imagine if this defense/special teams squad was complemented by even an average offense?

If we can score 33 points, or the 27 we scored against Iowa State and Minnesota, or the 23 we scored against Penn State and it's enough to win, then I don't care how the F we scored them.

Go back to that classic 2002 Purdue game and our offense struggled much of that game as well. But the special teams provided two scores that day, and Dallas Clark's epic 95 yard catch and run produced another score.

Aw, shit - sorry guys, as an experiment,, I wrote an AI bot that has read every HN post ever to see if I could get it to simulate real HN poster behavior. It seems to be working well, but I didn't mean it to go live. Trying to get the worker stopped in AWS but it's not letting me. Please disregard!

… anyone else just a wee bit concerned that special teams and defense are turning out to be Iowa’s offense?

Of the 33 points the Hokks put up yesterday, 26 came from 4 field goals, a 100-yard kickoff return and a pick 6. Only 7 points were the result of a true offensive play.

There’ve been several threads this fall about the weakness of Iowa’s attack. But sooner or later in our last two games our flaccid ability to move the ball will be exposed (once again.)

Iowa’s offensive stats are incredibly bad. The current OC needs to be replaced and the staff needs to focus on bringing in better pkayers, especially at the skill positions.
Too late in the season to be concerned. Concerns have to be left at the doorstep of November. 2 games left, nothing to be concerned about or build on- just get a W and spend 8 months saying "next year!"

Nebraska has had many chances to win most of the games they have played this season. What has cost them is the constance mistakes at critical times. If Nebbie plays a clean game I see the Hawks going down. I don't see how the Hawk offense can keep the pace if Nebbie plays mistake free.

There's got to be a time when Kirk realizes that he needs a good offense to win the big games. Or not.

That ship sailed a long time ago. What we have seen the last 2 weeks is how he wants to win games. Unless another 2002 anomaly occurs this is Iowa football.