Yahoo!

Nunge is supposedly better than Kriener. But what's important is Pemsl would have lost his minutes and Pemsl's minutes killed us this year. At worst, we would have had 2 Kriener's instead of 1 Kriener and 1 Pemsl.

Jury is still out on that. I have to see more of Nunge. We really haven't seen that much of his play so is hard to guage. I've always like Kriener's game. He's always had a pretty good overall game in many areas. Not really over exceptional or dominating at any one thing but very solid at many. The perfect 6th man player, especially with his height and length.

To me, Nunge has pretty big shoes to fill and if he at least plays to Kriener's level I'd be happy. Anything better is a bonus.

A win against Illinois would be great for a 4 seed placement. Illinois only gets two days rest to our four. It could possibly set us up with a rematch vs. Wisconsin in the semifinals. Lose and there is a good chance we take on Purdue again.

Jury is still out on that. I have to see more of Nunge. We really haven't seen that much of his play so is hard to guage. I've always like Kriener's game. He's always had a pretty good overall game in many areas. Not really over exceptional or dominating at any one thing but very solid at many. The perfect 6th man player, especially with his height and length.

To me, Nunge has pretty big shoes to fill and if he at least plays to Kriener's level I'd be happy. Anything better is a bonus.
Fran seemed to think he was better. It wouldn't be the first time a coach was wrong on personnel choices tho.

If you told me preseason, Nudge out for season, JBo out midseason, and Hawks could clinch a double bye with reg season finale win, I would have said “Sold!” I was so depressed after the DePaul game I didn’t see a path to a winning season. I’m loving this team, win or lose.

Latest posts