Yahoo!

HuckFinn

OSU beats The fainting Illini and next, Iowa beats them and ends up with the double bye! GO Hawks!!

Had a really bad feeling about the Purdue game but feeling good about our chances against Illinoy. I feel it's a 50/50 game and Iowa will bounce back. I don't think this team is about to panic and Illinoy doesn't have the firepower Purdue has. Remember this team just beat Penn St. and played MSU a tight game on the road, the same MSU team to crush Maryland at home.

The BIG Ten is the conference of road kill. Here is a second chance to win a huge game. Let’s hope it doesn’t end in a BIG SPLAT!!!

A fourth seed would be a major accomplishment with the two losses of two key players this year.

Playing for a double bye, playing for something.........we know how this usually turns out.
open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg

The BIG Ten is the conference of road kill. Here is a second chance to win a huge game. Let’s hope it doesn’t end in a BIG SPLAT!!!

A fourth seed would be a major accomplishment with the two losses of two key players this year.

True, but I'm not sure about that narrative. Nunge has yet to prove himself.

I know as I mentioned that in another post, but I am trying to be optimistic since everyone else is under sized and I am pretty sure all of our post players with any size will be gone.

Can you imagine what this team would be like without Garza’s twenty plus points per game? YIKES!!! We would be pushing it to make the NIT.

Law of averages has to come back to the mean at some point. I'm thinking the Sophomore slump ends Sunday for Joe Wieskamp.

Joe Wieskamp career v. Illinois

1-20-19 in Iowa City: 8-8 FG, 6-6 3PT, 2-2 FT, 24 PTs, 5 RB, 3 AST, 1 TO (NA)

3-15-19 BTT in Chicago: 5-7 FG, 1-3 3PT, 2-2 FT, 13 PTs, 7 RB (+18)

2-2-20 in Iowa City: 6-11 FG, 1-3 3PT, 5-7 FT, 18 PTs, 6 RB (+13)

Nunge is supposedly better than Kriener. But what's important is Pemsl would have lost his minutes and Pemsl's minutes killed us this year. At worst, we would have had 2 Kriener's instead of 1 Kriener and 1 Pemsl.

What a year in the BIG 10. Here Iowa after the last loss to Purdue could have ended up 9th in the BIG, now could battle for the 4 spot and a double-bye if win. WTF!!!

Latest posts