Wyoming QB Quotes

Allen is confused.

This is a complaint by Iowa fans about Iowa's offense.
It hasn't been for the defense.

with manny out, 1/2 our db's will be new or will little game experience. we were vulnerable prior to manny's suspension. if our dt's can't clog the middle and our de's get a rush, they could control the los when they have the ball. if allen really is as good as the hype, and if this turns into a game of catch up, for Iowa, we could lose. we have no evidence on how our offense will perform, outside of the running game. but you generally don't come from behind by running the ball.

I still think this game could go either way. Iowa should win because they're at home. But, this game isn't a gimme.

They lost most of their WR's and OL from last season's team which should help Iowa in theory. I believe they may have lost their starting RB as well. Allen is obviously very good, but if they can't protect him it won't matter much.

Pretty fair and obvious observations from him... The same way we know he's got a whole new group of receivers and skill guys around him along with new Olinemen. I'm nervous of our secondary to be sure I just hope that our Dline dominates. If we can get them to go 3 and out a couple times get our running game going I can see this game going Iowa's way pretty convincingly. If they are somehow able to pass block really well and he has time to go downfield or systematically pick us a part I will be throwing my beer cans at the TV....

I suspect that Mr. Allen will be formally introduced to AJ and at least one of the Nelsons. Not necessarily sacks (well, probably from AJ), but I doubt he has had many encounters trying to throw over 6'7" d-linemen.

<crosses fingers>

I work with a Wyoming booster. They absolutely think that they will win this game. They think our passing defense is easily exploited (can't sue for slander there). I watched highlights of the QB, what scares me is he can stretch out plays with his legs and run for the first when pressured. I hope we rush for 300 yards on them and keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible.

So if I'm Wyoming fan I might be a little more cautious about saying you are going into Iowa and win easily. They gave up 40 or more points in 6 of their 12 games last year and 30 or more in 10 of 12 games. Teams were scoring more than R Kelly at a Kelly Clarkson concert.

Phil needs to release the hounds on this QB with some stunts and blitz packages. We need to rattle their inexperienced OL early. Should generate some false start and holding calls against them also.

Latest posts