WVU to Big 12, now ND?

Saw this last week. Kinda makes sense if they want to keep Football Independent.

EDIT: I don't think ND ever joins the Big 12 for football. I think that's the reason they choose the Big 12 over the Big Ten. (if they do)

Oh snap stewy you PWN3D me

GTFO of here with your idiotic little 12 brain barf; nobody cares

ND to the Big 12 doesn't make sense, and never has made sense. The Big East is still a good league outside of football, why would they leave that situation?

Well this thread went downhill in a hurry.

Anyone want to explain the benefits to ND of joining the Big 12 in all sports other than football?

This statement says it all, "The Big 12 is willing to try anything to solidify itself. In fact, Texas AD DeLoss Dodds offered a Notre Dame spot in the league to park its non-football sports".

It is time for the Iowa Board of Regents to tell the new ISU President and Pollard to find a new home for ISU. ISU is just a p1$$1ng post for Texas. Sure the money is nice but it is not away to compete athletically. ISU fans can rag on me for saying it, but they are basing decisions on emotions rather than using their common sense.

Part of the equation involves ND playing 6 games with Big 12 teams in football each year. I imagine this helps the TV values of the Big 12, this may be a very good bargaining chip for their tier 1 rights.

This statement says it all, "The Big 12 is willing to try anything to solidify itself. In fact, Texas AD DeLoss Dodds offered a Notre Dame spot in the league to park its non-football sports".

It is time for the Iowa Board of Regents to tell the new ISU President and Pollard to find a new home for ISU. ISU is just a p1$$1ng post for Texas. Sure the money is nice but it is not away to compete athletically. ISU fans can rag on me for saying it, but they are basing decisions on emotions rather than using their common sense.
Pretty sure the whole league is in favor of this move from what I understand. In fact, the Big 12 board believes this would be the first step in for ND to join for all sports for the 2015-2016 season, the coincidence is that is the same time the new Big 12 contract is up for negotiation. There is a lot of smoke.

Pretty sure the whole league is in favor of this move from what I understand. In fact, the Big 12 board believes this would be the first step in for ND to join for all sports for the 2015-2016 season, the coincidence is that is the same time the new Big 12 contract is up for negotiation. There is a lot of smoke.

There was a lot of smoke that ND would join the ACC. How did that turn out again?

You all seem to think it's going to happen, but nobody can say what benefit it is for ND or the Big 12 for them to join without including football?

Texas is the whole league, so in that respect, you're right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-RvQbf220]Too much smoke - YouTube[/ame]

Texas is the whole league, so in that respect, you're right.
And OSU/Michigan do not run the Big 10? Alabama is rejecting the Mizzou move to the SEC if they are in the West division, so they will likely end up in the East division. Sorry but no matter the conference, the big boys run the show and call the shots.

Latest posts