WTH am I watching?

tweeterhawk

Young Nickelodeon dweebs in a cartoonish, 70s themed booth for the Bears-Saints wildcard playoff game. Frequent references to the Slime Zone inside the 20, the young idiot even given a chance to try to call a couple plays. (She couldn’t.)

Really weak.

Young Nickelodeon dweebs in a cartoonish, 70s themed booth for the Bears-Saints wildcard playoff game. Frequent references to the Slime Zone inside the 20, the young idiot even given a chance to try to call a couple plays. (She couldn’t.)

Really weak.

Every time I see something like this and shake my head, I remind myself that some guy was able to convince CocaCola to change their formula. Nothing surprises me any more.

Every time I see something like this and shake my head, I remind myself that some guy was able to convince CocaCola to change their formula. Nothing surprises me any more.
F—-ing Concast apparently carried the game on Nickelodeon channel plus the primary network channel but my sports menu only showed the Nick icon. FFFFFfff!

These are the same crooks that took BTN off their package regular lineup and are trying to stick customers with a separate subscription charge in Arizona, where probably a fourth of their potential audience either went to a B1G school or follow the sports,

I didn’t watch the game, what is it that I missed?
Either not much or a lot, depending on your point of view.

In addition to the main channel (NBC? I don’t recall), the Saints-Bears game was being carried on Nickelodeon except with Nickelodeon announcers and “talent.”

The whole look — from the booth to the broadcast graphics — was all very cartoonish, with vivid colors, softer fonts, etc. There probably are better high school video teams doing sports play-by-play than the clowns calling the action for Nick. Seriously. Next to them — but social distanced, of course — were a Rosanne Rosanna Danna looking young lady and another young dude who kept talking about slime and sliming people. If one team got inside the 20 it was in the “slime zone.” If the Saints won (they did), the Nick folks were going to dump their trademark green slime on Saints head coach Sean Payton.

It was all embarrassingly bad.

In addition to the main channel (NBC? I don’t recall), the Saints-Bears game was being carried on Nickelodeon except with Nickelodeon announcers and “talent.”

The whole look — from the booth to the broadcast graphics — was all very cartoonish, with vivid colors, softer fonts, etc. There probably are better high school video teams doing sports play-by-play than the clowns calling the action for Nick. Seriously. Next to them — but social distanced, of course — were a Rosanne Rosanna Danna looking young lady and another young dude who kept talking about slime and sliming people. If one team got inside the 20 it was in the “slime zone.” If the Saints won (they did), the Nick folks were going to dump their trademark green slime on Saints head coach Sean Payton.

Ahh gotcha. My guess is they got more viewership than the main game.

I don't know what was going on but I would presume the game was on CBS. CBS and Viacom officially merged and with Sumner Redstone dead the new sheriff in town is trying to really push the envelope.

For you folks dabbling in stocks, one stock that I think isn't too shabby and that I bought a few months ago is ViacomCBS (VIAC). Investment thesis is that it holds the last available pool of tier 1 intellectual property that someone could actually purchase. MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, the whole CBS library. I think the streaming wars will support at most 3 services and that HBOMax and Disney+ are proven winners, which will leave a fight between Paramount + and Netflix as the last main survivor. Netflix owns no good nostalgic content and has junk for movie selections and once Paramount + launches, VIAC is pulling back most of its content. Netflix is at a fork in the road, they either need to use their overvalued stock to buy VIAC or they can go it alone, but if they don't own a huge content library, they're gonna run into some really tough sledding. Once the subscriber numbers start to slide, it's a long way down.

Ahh gotcha. My guess is they got more viewership than the main game.
Well, shit. Apparently the rest of the world apparently thought it was good. The #Nicknfl tag was top trending for a while during the game. Even Rush Limbaugh liked it, praised Nickelodeon play-by-play guy Noah Eagle, son of sportscaster Ian Eagle. God do I feel old.

I thought it was really well done. Nate Burleson in particular was fantastic in explaining the game in a way that kids could understand.

Haha, yeah I grew up in the 80's and remember them well. Haven't seen once since, brought some nostalgia!
We had a remote that actually turned the mechanical dial in our old ass console TV.

You pressed the button and then there was this huge clunk from the TV. It went to channel 12, then you had to pull the knob out and use the secondary dial to go up to like 28 or 30 channels...

It was like driving a semi tractor with a splitter transmission.

Also, I remember a couple times when we had trouble with it and the Zenith repair guy had to come out to work on it, he'd pull it away from the wall and take the particle board back cover off, work his magic and leave a bill. And a fuckin fly swatter with his company name and address on it. i bet we had three or four of em.

80s promotional materials were soooooo much cooler back in those days.

Last edited: