wrestling season yet!?

pin2win

@hagertony
man its been awhile since ive been slow enough to post int he fourms but im back!

someone get me up to speed

Ok...

1) official practice starts Monday
2) still just 1 official blue chip recruit
3) no one knows how 197 will turn out (will Ambrose make weight? how will Vinnie & Lira perform after bulking up from 184? who is Gambrall's backup now?)
4) supposedly lots of recruits visiting the Hawks over the next 2 weekends
5) Iowa will dethrone PSU and take back the nat'l championship that is rightfully theirs

Any other questions?

yeah, to me it's been a frustrating offseason. Last year iowa basically signed no one and it was all because of this big haul we were going to be getting this year. Now before you kill me, i realize recruiting isn't done but it just seems like kids keep signing at of other places and as AFhawk pointed out, we have one guy. Hopefullly that changes in the near future.... Hopefully the visits over the next few weeks w/ recruits will go well.

197 is a mess. If we had Byers here we'd be a lock to win it in my opinion but he's not here so we might as get over it. Personally, I really hope Wagner is the man. I think he is our only and best option at that weight being productive for us. Lira, though a good, hard working kid i just don't think can get it done at that level. And Ambrose hasn't shown the commitment to do it either. So I really just hope Wagner wins the spot.
But all in all, i'm super excited for the season, and can't wait for practices to kick off on Monday! Go Hawks!

I'm ready! It looks like it will be a long football season. I can't wait for wrestling season to get here and even basketball season (its been awhile since I've said that)

yeah, to me it's been a frustrating offseason. Last year iowa basically signed no one and it was all because of this big haul we were going to be getting this year. Now before you kill me, i realize recruiting isn't done but it just seems like kids keep signing at of other places and as AFhawk pointed out, we have one guy. Hopefullly that changes in the near future.... Hopefully the visits over the next few weeks w/ recruits will go well.

197 is a mess. If we had Byers here we'd be a lock to win it in my opinion but he's not here so we might as get over it. Personally, I really hope Wagner is the man. I think he is our only and best option at that weight being productive for us. Lira, though a good, hard working kid i just don't think can get it done at that level. And Ambrose hasn't shown the commitment to do it either. So I really just hope Wagner wins the spot.
But all in all, i'm super excited for the season, and can't wait for practices to kick off on Monday! Go Hawks!

I don't recall that at all. We had minimal signees last year because of the big haul the prior year, not because of this year. There are a lot of kids uncommitted and many of them on our radar are coming in next weekend. Signing day is a month away yet. Have some faith.

As for 197, I will be happy for the guy that wins out. I don't care who it is.

Latest posts