WOW!

Had to Google the name as I couldn't place it.

Outside of being a former player he probably wouldn't have sniffed an interview let alone an offer.

Who knows ISU has shown that this type of move can work.

Had to Google the name as I couldn't place it.

Outside of being a former player he probably wouldn't have sniffed an interview let alone an offer.

Who knows ISU has shown that this type of move can work.

What?

Pretty sure he is an assistant for the Lakers.

Just seems like a risky hire when on the surface better candidates were out there.

His only head coaching experience didn't appear to be too extraordinary.

But its nothing like the ISU/Hoiberg hire.

Jordan has spent years on an NBA bench coaching.

Hoiberg spent a few years in the front office.

Are you expecting him to have more success than hoiberg then? That would be tremendous for that program.

But its nothing like the ISU/Hoiberg hire.

Jordan has spent years on an NBA bench coaching.

Hoiberg spent a few years in the front office.

I must have missed your thoughts on this hire.

Do you see this as a good hire by Rutgers or a stretch?

My point from an ISU perspective was that similar to Fred he has no college coaching expierence.

I must have missed your thoughts on this hire.

Do you see this as a good hire by Rutgers or a stretch?

My point from an ISU perspective was that similar to Fred he has no college coaching expierence.

I dont have many thoughts on this because I really dont give a damn about Rutgers basketball. I dont remember them ever being relevant in basketball and I probably wont think about Rutgers basketball until Iowa plays them for the first time when they move to the B1G.

I do know however, your thoughts in regards to the hire are way off if you are comparing it to the Hoiberg hire.

He has been a head coach for the wizards, sixers, and kings if I am not mistaken. Not sure how that translates to recruiting kids but it sure is an experience he can sell to them. As for the Hoiberg relation, it is related in the fact they both played in the NBA but that's about it. Hoiberg was in the front office while Jordan has been on the bench as a HC and assistant. Only time will tell who will be more successful, right now Hoiberg has the advantage for taking that award.

I guess Fran must have felt the pressure to take such a prestigious position would have been too much pressure so he decided to stay at little ole IowA. :)

They hired the guy who coached the Washington Wizards to the playoffs four times.

It's no slam dunk, but this hire can under no circumstances be viewed as bad.

Latest posts