WOW got Procter

If he follows Wirfs' path to the pros, he'll cash much bigger checks than anyone's going to see from NIL.

I have butchered the spelling of Xavier Nwankpa's last name for months I guess I slipped under the radar. :)
Some people can see a name once and know how to spell it. Some people have to spend time studying a name or Google it every time to spell it right. It's a weird flex.

Oh no, you're a spelling nazi?
I think getting a guy's name right is pretty basic, especially a big time recruit who's name is all over the place. But what do I know? I'm just an old guy who doesn't put an apostrophe in every word that ends with "s".

Last edited:
I think getting a guy's name right is pretty basic, especially a big time recruit who's name is all over the place. But what do I know? I'm just an old guy who doesn't put an apostrophe in every word that ends with "s".
That was kinda my point. It's easy for some people. Some people suck at spelling. It has nothing to do with disrespecting the person who's name you misspell. All it means I you're a person who can't spell for shit. Who cares?

The Most Common Mispelled Words

OOPS......

See what I mean:

Merely a sampeling

OOPS

ecstasy
assassination
Caribbean
cemetary
chauffeur
dilemma
Fahrenheit
fluorescent
irresistible
occurred, occurring

And, of course:
Pharaoh

:cool:

1) It’s spelled Proctor. Should probably get that right now that he’s a commit.

2) You have no idea what he turned down—if anything—related to NIL.

He told KCCI in an interview he turned down 1 million dollars from a school.
Other schools offered $500,000 a year.

Gee wiz I had no Idea my post would generate such a response. Of course the misspelling was not meant to be disrespectful in any way. In regard to the NIL i was just reporting what I heard as LeClaire kindly reported
I must say I am grateful to have such a fine administrator as Fryowa to maintain the dignity and civility of the Board

Gee wiz I had no Idea my post would generate such a response. Of course the misspelling was not meant to be disrespectful in any way. In regard to the NIL i was just reporting what I heard as LeClaire kindly reported
I must say I am grateful to have such a fine administrator as Fryowa to maintain the dignity and civility of the Board

Wasn't a big deal to me. Didn't even notice until Fry called you out on it. I can't get too judgy on this stuff as I stated before I am just now getting Nwankpa spelled correctly.

It's common courtesy to spell someone's name correctly.

I took it as PC being sarcastic, just joking around. I am not in his head so I do not know for sure. Wasn't a big deal to me to have longtimer misspell his name or Fry call him out on it. We all have our pet peeves. For me it is people that can't pronounce the name Ferentz at this point. Nothing will lose me faster than pronouncing it Fuhrendz. To this day there are Iowa fans and people in the national media who pronounce it Fuhrendz.

I took it as PC being sarcastic, just joking around. I am not in his head so I do not know for sure. Wasn't a big deal to me to have longtimer misspell his name or Fry call him out on it. We all have our pet peeves. For me it is people that can't pronounce the name Ferentz at this point. Nothing will lose me faster than pronouncing it Fuhrendz. To this day there are Iowa fans and people in the national media who pronounce it Fuhrendz.
As a Patriots fan it always frustrates me when Pats media pronounce longtime backup IOL James Ferentz "FUR-ence" or "fair-ENz." He's not even the first Ferentz to be associated with the team and they still can't figure it out, despite having to report on his elevation from and reversion to practice squad multiple times a season, before even mentioning offseason roster move(s) for a half dozen years. He has made an appearance in multiple games the last four seasons.

The dude's dad is rather famous, and his older brother was with the team in multiple capacities, if you guys didn't know.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I guess it's a pet peeve of mine when someone somehow thinks they are better, or more respectful, because they happen to be good at spelling. I guess if you're the type of person who googles someone's name every time you make a post because its important you get the name right, you're "respect" point has merit. But if you're the kind of person who sees a name once or twice and the spelling of it permanently ingrains in your brain, that doesn't make you more respectful. And belittling someone who doesn't have that ability kinda makes you a douche.

He told KCCI in an interview he turned down 1 million dollars from a school.
Other schools offered $500,000 a year.
Do we know that he’s not getting a bunch of money while he’s here? Two or three Iowa donors could come up with a shitload of cash and we’d never know.