Wow 6-5? Who would have imagined?

There was a time when I prided in saying that Iowa has a bend but don't break defense and we can handle any type of offense thrown at us.

It's not working.....

Evidenced by the fact that we have given up several 4th quarter comebacks this year and we are not nearly as effective at coming up with big plays in the 4th quarter as we have been in the past.

I don't blame it completely on the defense but we, as Iowan's, have grown use to the fact that our offense is unpredictable at best.

I feel let down by the coaching staff. The o-line has played out of their minds compared to what was expected and the rest of the offense has at least held par to what was expected. The defense is good but maybe not as dominant as was expected. This is still a team that could have won 10 games. Where is the glaring weakness? Time management has cost at least one game.....possibly two.

I am an avid Ferentz supporter but this team is better than their record and when that happens it's on the coaching staff. You hear about Ferentz teams being "coached up" better than what they should be, but it also works the other way.

With they way we are playing don't count out Minny beating us either.
I was saying the same thing last week! All any team has to do to beat us is is throw the ball underneath for 4-6 yards......we give everyone 10-12 yards on our cover anyway, And run a no huddle offense. Our defense would be dead on their feet by half.

If I was Minny, I'd spread the field......throw underneath, and run a no huddle.
Would be a win for any team with that recipe against us.

Sleep it off and try again tomorrow. Some of you aren't making much sense. This team is good.......could have been great but things didn't go our way. We can say that our special teams need a lot of work (kicking, coverage, penalties). All these areas continue to cost us games. We need to address the kicking game..........Wisky we gave up 4 points in kicking game, 3 today, and could have at least been in OT with the points.
Fix that and we will be fine next year. I wouldn't starting buyin clown gear just yet.

Nope. They're only 5-5. they actually finish the season in December vs Fresno State. I just went and scanned the standings and shockingly the only 6-5 teams I could find were UTEP and Kentucky.

I was wrong. Illannoy is 6-5. Apparently cbssports.com is a little slooooooooooooow in updating their standings.

Hey *******, we are a missed FG from going to OT with OSU, but don't let that figure into your idiotic thinking.

Ok, whatever. If name-calling makes you feel better, be my guest. But we were flat out lucky that Indiana's WR couldn't catch a ball in the end zone that was right in his hands.

Last edited:

Latest posts