Would you take Klieman as head coach?

Quite a few people wanted Terry Allen instead of Kirk Ferentz when things fell through with Bob Stoops.

have to disagree with you, Rob. There were some that wanted Allen (mostly in the Iowa administration) but a lot of the fans were "hell no" on him.

BTW, really nice story on your son and TS.

klieman makes $500k after all bonuses/camps etc in FARGO. He isnt taking a coordinators job although he is Iowan thru & thru.

Bohl left 1 year too early from NDSU to get a P5 job, but he had land in wyoming and got $3 million over 4 years or something like that.

and Bohl's move was done with an eye on retirement. He took Wyoming over the rebuilding challenge at an ISU-type P5 school to be where he wanted to settle and go out on his terms.

have to disagree with you, Rob. There were some that wanted Allen (mostly in the Iowa administration) but a lot of the fans were "hell no" on him.

BTW, really nice story on your son and TS.

Thanks!

I probably overstated it with "quite a few" but I do remember talking to people (outside of admins) who liked him more than KF. Luckily, Hayden stepped in.

carson wentz... do u want him too?? haha

You're like the younger cousin who looks up to the older cousin striving for attention and approval from the older cousin. Quite pathetic when you think about it.

Yep, we'd take everyone from North Dakota because they are the POWER OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Still trying to hold on to your one week of relevance. It's gotta suck when that week is over. Iowa will figure it out and somehow be there in the end.

I don't intend this as a "Fire Ferentz" thread. But out of curiosity, say Ferentz retires in 4 years, and Iowa hires NDSU coach Chris Klieman(53 years old at that point). Native Iowan, UNI grad, successful recent track record. In a vacuum (i.e. not knowing any other candidates that would be available), would this be a reasonable hire?

Or to make a specific comparison, at that point would you feel better about 53 year old Klieman or 37 year old Brian Ferentz?

I can think of reasons to think Klieman might work, as well as reasons to be skeptical. Curious what others think.

Did you just say BF for HC in 4 years? Engage your brain before typing your post please.

stop_necro_ing_threads__by_toxicshadow1-d5eqas4.jpg

Latest posts