Would You Rather...?

RobHowe

Administrator
This is the latest NCAA bracket projection from USA Today LINK

Would you rather have Iowa's or Illinois' draw in this scenario?

This is the latest NCAA bracket projection from USA Today LINK

Would you rather have Iowa's or Illinois' draw in this scenario?

Illinois and not even close. But again, Iowa doesn't help themselves with these scenarios. When given big opportunities to do something they don't win those games. Therefore putting themselves in poor matchups/draws.

As excited as I am about this post season, and as excited as I am that Iowa had a nice season this year despite a lot of circumstances that could have prevented it..... I am also not blind. They blew some opportunities this year. I am glad that they at least put themselves in the position and I don't crush em too hard for not being able to step up because of said scenarios. I would LOVE to get a mid major in the first round and after playing in the B1G this season, I think we can hang with any conferences top dog. Sign me up. That said, I don't want Duke in Greensboro. No thanks.

I think y'all are crazy for picking Illinois' draw. If the goal is to get to the Sweet 16, I'll take playing Wichita State (who look like nothing special at all this year) and Duke (who has been incredibly suspect coming down the stretch) instead of a white-hot Utah State team and a Creighton team that has played like they're in the top 5 for the past month.

Highly unlikely we’d make it out of the first weekend in either scenario. Creighton has two really good guards, and guards win in March. Coach K has the refs and a good amount of talent despite being a little down this year.

I don't mind the Wichita State game in round 1. Utah State game in round 1 would be brutal. They have a guard that would light up Iowa's D. Duke in Greensboro or Creighton anywhere is a high probability of losing.

IL, PSU, TOSU, MSU, WI and even MI & Rutgers all > Creighton. They do have some nice guards and they've been shooting lights out, but they have 0 post presence and they are a horrible rebounding team because of their small line up. I think Iowa would match up pretty well with them and while they have good guards, IMO, they are not unlike anything they see night in and night out in the B1G. IMO, teams that can match Garza with some size in the post present Iowa with the biggest challenge.

Just my opinion. Creighton is a paper tiger, I really hope we get to find out.

Is this really a question? :)

Let's see, would I rather play a traditional giant killer in Wichita St. with a coach who knows how to coach in March and has been to the Final Four recently or face a Utah State team that only got hot at the right time in St. Louis that will be 90% Hawks?

And if we happen to win, we'd either play the bluest of blue blood programs in Greensboro (where they never lose in the NCAAs) or a paper tiger with no front line in St. Louis?

This can't be a real question, Rob! :)

I think some of y'all are judging the matchups by the name on the front of the jersey and not what the actual team has done on the actual court....

I am just praying Iowa gets a 6 seed instead of a 7 or 8 seed. After that I'll worry about opponents

In this case though I'd take Illinois draw a million times.

I think some of y'all are judging the matchups by the name on the front of the jersey and not what the actual team has done on the actual court....

possibly but I'd much rather face Creighton than facing a true Blue Blood from a power conference

I am just praying Iowa gets a 6 seed instead of a 7 or 8 seed. After that I'll worry about opponents

In this case though I'd take Illinois draw a million times.

This is a year I'd actually take a 7 and be okay with it. The 2's this year are going to be full of mid-major type programs, like Dayton, Creighton, SDSU, Seton Hall, etc whereas the 3s are going to be established blue bloods like Duke, Kentucky, Villanova, etc.

This is a year I'd actually take a 7 and be okay with it. The 2's this year are going to be full of mid-major type programs, like Dayton, Creighton, SDSU, Seton Hall, etc whereas the 3s are going to be established blue bloods like Duke, Kentucky, Villanova, etc.

ugh. I'm sure Iowa will get screwed over somehow

Latest posts