Would you have inbounded to halfcourt for a catch and quick timeout???

uihawk82

Then have a much better inbounds opportunity from about halfcourt running some screens to open up a shooter.

I think there was 1.6 seconds or more which should have give the hawks time to send to guys to the halfcourt line to get that inbounds pass and call a timeout.

How much time goes off in a catch and timeout? I think they say a guy can catch and shoot in .6 seconds. So the hawks would have had a chance with better passing angles at the corner, top of the circle or even other side of court for a good catch and shoot.

Then have a much better inbounds opportunity from about halfcourt running some screens to open up a shooter.

I think there was 1.6 seconds or more which should have give the hawks time to send to guys to the halfcourt line to get that inbounds pass and call a timeout.

How much time goes off in a catch and timeout? I think they say a guy can catch and shoot in .6 seconds. So the hawks would have had a chance with better passing angles at the corner, top of the circle or even other side of court for a good catch and shoot.
Thats what I would do. I would also instruct the refs that's what I was planning so they would be ready to call it faster.

Thats what I would do. I would also instruct the refs that's what I was planning so they would be ready to call it faster.

Yeah you can have one guy in the backcourt as an outlet for your inbounder of the ball but your other three guys can go down by the other end but two can then break for half court, they will be open or high percentage be open.

And good idea to tell the refs to look for the quick timeout.

And Fran is pretty good at inbounds plays

Whatever play was called I can't believe CMac wanted to hit the backboard. From full court a line drive pass is almost possible to handle control it and manage a shot. An unhealthy CJ is hurting more than we think.

Too bad someone wasn't there for the rebound off the backboard. That would have been lucky as hell.

1.6 seconds you are asking a lot to go right in a short amount of time. .6 seconds is about the time you have to catch it and call timeout. It is one of those situations where you look at the percentages and go with the best one. I am guessing the percentages dictated Cmac go long.

Latest posts