Would you be excited to play ISU in the Insight Bowl?

It doesn't help either team so no. I would rather it be a team like Texas A&M which I think would be a fun game to watch/attend.

Personally beating Iowa again does nothing for our program. Give me a PAC 12 team in the Holiday Bowl.

I'm not sure how Iowa stands to gain more with a win. It's ISU's superbowl. If Iowa wins they should've won. If Iowa loses the national media is asking "What's wrong with Iowa"?

I disagree completely. The annual rivalry game might be big for ISU, but the TV audience isn't that huge. If there was a Super Bowl for ISU this year, it was the Okie State game. They were playing the #2 ranked team before a national prime time audience in their own stadium. They don't gain a lot by playing us again, but we do. I don't think anybody cares about what the media thinks. We have a lot to play for as far as redemption is concerned. We wouldn't have it held over our heads for nine more months if we won. Our fans travel well and I think their fans would be happy to get back to a bowl.....even if it is against us. The big question is, could we put the Cy-Hawk Trophy on the line for this one?:D

And wouldn't it chap your *** if it happened and Iowa won? It would really take some of the edge off of beating Iowa earlier wouldn't it?
It would for sure be Iowa's super bowl at that point. Also take off the black and gold shades, you honestly believe Iowa would beat Iowa State in a bowl game?

One of the nice things about bowl games is playing teams you don't normally play. Would not be a fan of that rematch at all.

The better question is: Which Iowa State player /s will have career games against us, never to be heard of again? There will be at least two players with 0 accomplishments who go crazy against us. I don't think we can beat them and I don't want to lose to them twice. They will be fired up and we will still have KOK grinding our offense to a halt.

Dont know if Iowa could honestly score more than a touchdown on Iowa State at this point. Too many issues on Iowa's offense and Iowa State's defense, well they have just become the best defense in an offense happy league.

When has past performance ever been indicative of future results? By that theory alone ISU should have never won another game after the three game skid in the middle of the year, at least based on the way they looked at the time. Iowa crapped their pants in Lincoln, just like they did at Happy Valley and Minneapolis, yet they still came back after those games to have decent performances. Don't kid yourself, Iowa would be ready.

Dont know if Iowa could honestly score more than a touchdown on Iowa State at this point. Too many issues on Iowa's offense and Iowa State's defense, well they have just become the best defense in an offense happy league.

When did ISU all of a sudden become world-beaters? And yes, Iowa would score more than a touchdown on ISU. Thinking otherwise is just plain stupid, but I wouldn't put that passed someone like you.

Don't know how you arrived at that conclusion. Statistically they are the 6th best defense in the conference. The fact that they gave up over 500 yards of offense in each of their last two games says otherwise.

When did ISU all of a sudden become world-beaters? And yes, Iowa would score more than a touchdown on ISU. Thinking otherwise is just plain stupid, but I wouldn't put that passed someone like you.
Not taking away anything from Iowa, but where is the offensive production going to come from? As for Iowa State's defense they have become world beaters in the last month against some of the top offenses in the country.

Not taking away anything from Iowa, but where is the offensive production going to come from? As for Iowa State's defense they have become world beaters in the last month against some of the top offenses in the country.

Seriously? You can't be this dense. Well lets see...

JVB: 1st passing yards
McNutt: 1st receiving yards and receiving touchdowns
Coker: 2nd in rushing yards and 3rd in rushing touchdowns

JVB shouldn't have any game-time jitters seeing how he has played ISU before.

The only world-beater moment you had was against OSU, which was a great win but that's about it.

When has past performance ever been indicative of future results? By that theory alone ISU should have never won another game after the three game skid in the middle of the year, at least based on the way they looked at the time. Iowa crapped their pants in Lincoln, just like they did at Happy Valley and Minneapolis, yet they still came back after those games to have decent performances. Don't kid yourself, Iowa would be ready.
I have just not seen a lot of of the Iowa offense all season. I read on here how everyone wants to let Norm go and to bring in Stoops. The defense is not the problem. The offense is. You can bring in Stoops (which will never happen since he is not what Ferentz wants in a coordinator) but Iowa will still lose based on offensive execution.

I feel bad for Iowa fans because they are stuck. Their coach wont make changes, he just wont. And changes need to be made. When I was back in CR over Thanksgiving I heard from guys pretty close to the Iowa program that Norm is retiring after this year, but sounds like Darrell Wilson will move right into that position. That does not provide the change that is needed at Iowa right now.

Latest posts