Would it have killed them to review that play?

GodGodGodBathia

At the end of the game, I mean, where Reisner flipped up at the 1 yard line and they didn't give him a touchdown.

To me it looked like the ball could have crossed the plane; it actually appeared as if it did.

Not that it matters, but it would have been kinda cool to send Stanzi and the rest of the seniors out on a touchdown. After all, how many players get to end their career with a score? They review things way less important than that, even though it was irrelevant, but it would have been nice for them to have looked at it.

"LOL GODGODGODBATHIA THERS NO POINT WE TUK A KNEE ON THE NEXT PLAY AND WUN UR STUPID HAHAHAHA STUPIDEST THREAD ON INTERNET EVR"

Okay, but what if we fumble the snap on the next play and Missouri returns it for a touchdown? All I'm saying is there was nothing to lose and a lot to gain by reviewing the play.

And I had 50 dollars on Iowa and 3 points and profusely needed that score.

The fact U gave someone 3 points when Missouri was favored by as much is dumber than your point...

Most definitely should have been reviewed...the play was not irrelevant because the clock wasn't at 0 and it was a one possession game.

Wasn't it actually better for Iowa (speaking strictly in terms of winning the game) that he was called down at the one?

If we score we have to kick off and there is always some chance they score and can try an onside kick. A very small chance of course, but probably greater than the odds of us fumbling the snap on a kneel and them going 99 yards for a score.

The smartest play in that situation is to go down before the goal line... that being said... if I'm Allen I definitely leap for the endzone too :).

Last edited:
What other team in the nation would have taken a knee on the final play like Iowa instead of trying to score? Not many.

Probably all of them when you can run out the clock. A lot of bad crap can happen like a botched handoff fumbled that is returned for a TD etc.... Now the chances aren't very good of that happening but why take that chance.

Now this would have been crazy and probably has less than .1% of happening but there was 30 seconds left and if Iowa scored then Missouri could have ran that kickoff back, then recovered their onside kick and then completed a hail mary for the game winning TD.

I had no problem with KF telling RS to take a knee, they had 30 seconds left until a win over the 12th ranked team in the country, end the game as fast as you can and get out of there.

Wasn't it actually better for Iowa (speaking strictly in terms of winning the game) that he was called down at the one?

If we score we have to kick off and there is always some chance they score and can try an onside kick. A very small chance of course, but probably greater than the odds of us fumbling the snap on a kneel and them going 99 yards for a score.

The smartest play in that situation is to go down before the goal line... that being said... if I'm Allen I definitely leap for the endzone too :).

Also would have helped Reisner with the game had before. A couple of bad drops, but a solid yardage day with a TD would have helped his chances with getting to the NFL.

Also would have helped Reisner with the game had before. A couple of bad drops, but a solid yardage day with a TD would have helped his chances with getting to the NFL.

Not scoring a TD there has exactly zero impact on his chances at the next level

The ball crossed the plane before he was down. I was surprised it wasn't reviewed simply as a matter of procedure if if nothing else.

The palm of his hand hit the ground on the 1 when he flipped over the defender. At first I thought a review was in order but then you see the hand hit during the flip.

The palm of his hand hit the ground on the 1 when he flipped over the defender. At first I thought a review was in order but then you see the hand hit during the flip.

palm of your hand does not make you down

down = knee, hip, elbow, shoulder, or forearm on the ground

your telling me there is a higher probability of returning a KO for a touchdown than recovering an onside kick, and then completeing a hail mary for 60 yds? Thats like in texas holdem needing a runner-runner straight flush (or quads).

needing all of those events to happen is a smaller probability, going for a touchdown there. I saw "kick'em when there down" ferentz eased up on the breaks against S.Carolina, but then "The Ol' Ball Coach" kicks a meaningless FG just to attempt an onside kick.

I don't have the math abillities but would be willing to admit that trying to score there is less of a risk than downing the ball.

your telling me there is a higher probability of returning a KO for a touchdown than recovering an onside kick, and then completeing a hail mary for 60 yds? Thats like in texas holdem needing a runner-runner straight flush (or quads).

needing all of those events to happen is a smaller probability, going for a touchdown there. I saw "kick'em when there down" ferentz eased up on the breaks against S.Carolina, but then "The Ol' Ball Coach" kicks a meaningless FG just to attempt an onside kick.

I don't have the math abillities but would be willing to admit that trying to score there is less of a risk than downing the ball.

It might be less of a risk, but what if Iowa did try to score and Coker fumbled it or Stanzi threw a pick and it was returned 100 yards or more for a TD, guess what, they wouldn't have had to do an onside kick as they would have went ahead 31-27 with under 30 seconds left.

It wasn't that all those things had to happen, they only had to happen IF Iowa would have scored. So why even take that risk when you had the game won?

Latest posts