Would have more success at Iowa State

longtimer

One can wonder when Foster made that judgement but no one can question his decision. He is 100% right and really that says it all about the state of Iowa basketball. Fran says it is correctable. How do you correct lack of athletic ability and talent? Surely not with the recruits he has coming in. Sure it is only one game and yes I have not been a big fan of Fran's program but it can't look good from even the staunchest Fran fan.
We are not a tournament team and i fear may be a deep second division team. Hard to accept in the 10th year especially with very little hope of better things to come.
A good Athletic Director would be starting the process to put together a list of coaches, unfortunately we don't have a good athletic director. As long as the money is coming in Barta will keep a low profile. In the end Empty seats at Carver will be the deciding factor.
I feel bad for Wieskamp who unlike Foster made his decision because he is an Iowa fan. I think also it could get bad for the McCaffrey kids if things go badly. Bohannon should sit out the year and enter the portal. He would be a nice addition as a 3 point role player for a lot of teams.

JBo and Joe W will stay regardless, as they are true Hawkeyes, a la Matt Gatens (at least I hope so).

In addition
"But I just felt I had a better chance at success at Iowa State." XF
That should stick in the University President's craw, the Athletic Director's craw, and the Head Mens Basketball Coach's craw, just like it does in all of ours...and the kid's not wrong.

It really came down to how many players IA State vs Iowa has in the NBA. I thought that might be the case.

That was one factor, but I didn’t hear him say that was his primary factor, as he also mentioned the relationship he had with some of the ISU players. He wanted to stay instate and clearly liked both programs or he would have made his decision long ago.

That was one factor, but I didn’t hear him say that was his primary factor, as he also mentioned the relationship he had with some of the ISU players. He wanted to stay instate and clearly liked both programs or he would have made his decision long ago.
He probably noticed Joe T third string . Why the hell would he come here to sit behind our dogshit bigs?

Fran will play young players, always has. Joe T isn't ready to start, still way raw, needs to get under control.

He's always played young guys, ALWAYS. I've had plenty of issues with Fran's substitution patterns, but rarely do I think he's not playing the best guys the most of the minutes. I think Joe T has potential to be our best guard, he's not there yet and only more PT is gonna get him there. Let him develop and come along slowly. Give him a little more to chew on each game. Don't destroy his confidence just throwing him to the wolves. If he's the best option to help Iowa win basketball games, he's gonna get him out there.

Didn't Iowa State lose at Oregon State on Saturday? An interesting note, OSU was led by Tres Tinkle, son of the head coach. :)

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/...eed-to-do-is-play-in-the-ncaa-tournament.html

Sounds like ISU struggles to shoot the 3 and defend really good scorers. I suspect they will lose some early on and hopefully gel as the season goes. My expectations are a bubble team this year but will need some help to get in the tournament. Missing a stretch 4.

Sounds like ISU struggles to shoot the 3 and defend really good scorers. I suspect they will lose some early on and hopefully gel as the season goes. My expectations are a bubble team this year but will need some help to get in the tournament. Missing a stretch 4.

Bubble team? Ouch. If Prohm missed the NCAA this year that would mean he has made 1 NCAA Tournament in 3 years without Fred's players.

It’s very easy to read between the lines. Fran is an @$$hole. XF didn’t want to be berated every 5” for 4 years. He had another option. Can you blame him?

Fran will play young players, always has. Joe T isn't ready to start, still way raw, needs to get under control.

Needs to get under control or else what? He won't be a plus player? That should only matter if our other guy is a plus player. I'd say an out of control Joe T is a less negative player as is. I'm hoping he's starting by our tough stretch coming up.

Needs to get under control or else what? He won't be a plus player? That should only matter if our other guy is a plus player. I'd say an out of control Joe T is a less negative player as is. I'm hoping he's starting by our tough stretch coming up.

I didn't say anything about OR ELSE, what does that even mean?

You mean Jacobson isn't the answer at the 4? He may continue to hit 40% from three. :)

Bubble team? Ouch. If Prohm missed the NCAA this year that would mean he has made 1 NCAA Tournament in 3 years without Fred's players.

Sorry ISU isn't a blueblood? Haha not sure what else to tell you. The team lost a ton of firepower from last year and has some new pieces to gel together so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

I heard on the Todd Brommelkamp radio show. They were interviewing someone and that guy made reference to X. Foster's dad mentioning that was a factor. Yes, it turns out when dating his GF that went to IA State, X ended up hanging out with the b-ball players quite a bit. Sure that helped.

Sorry ISU isn't a blueblood? Haha not sure what else to tell you. The team lost a ton of firepower from last year and has some new pieces to gel together so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

ISU has never been and will never be close to a blue blood. What does that have to do with anything I said? I just pointed out Prohm is in year 3 without Freds players and as you said it is a “bubble year”.

It really came down to how many players IA State vs Iowa has in the NBA. I thought that might be the case.

That whole notion is misleading. Yes, there are more guys that Prohm has had that are in the NBA but it's not due to Prohm's coaching or development. It's due to fact that the players were NBA material before they went to ISU.

Xavier isn't going to help his cause in going to the NBA by going to ISU over Iowa. It's whether he has the ability now, or eventual ability to get there. Fran or Prohm "developing" them wouldn't have made a lick of difference, or a negligible one if there was any.

Latest posts