Would be stupid for Denver, but...

Haha, I agree the injury scene in Game 1 of 2008 was a little extreme. With the way he was on the floor and helped back to the locker room I thought he had torn his ACL for sure.

Gasol does quite a bit of jawing and yelling on the court with half the resume that KG has.

I thought ACL too. At the time, I texted my buddy and said, "I hope it's not an ACL. I'd hate to see him miss the rest of the Finals."

In hindsight, I wish it would have been an ACL. Lakers might have had three in a row already.

As for Gasol, I honestly do not see him talk that much. Not nearly as much as Garnett. And Gasol doesn't pull any of the "intimidation" stuff. Just because you got me thinking on the Garnett-Gasol comparison, I looked them up. Here are some numbers:

Age: Garnett 34 (35 in May), Gasol 30 (31 in July)--- I had no idea either was this old. Doesn't seem right!

Garnett is in his 16th season :eek:, Gasol in his 11th.

Garnett 1,166 career games, Gasol 701

Career Averages: Garnett 20 pts, 11 rebs. Gasol 19 pts and 9 rebs.

Rings: Gasol 2, Garnett 1 ;)

Those are just random numbers. No reason, just felt like doing it.

This has been a fun chat about the NBA w/ you guys. Had no idea so many were this interested! LOVE IT! Go Lakers!

Decent win for the Lakers last night. I cant wait to see Boston at full strength and hopefully they can get to full strength for the last 1/4 of the season and the playoffs.

Pretty neat scene in the 1st with Ray Allen and Reggie Miller. Its astonishing that nobody is within like 800 of their 3 point FG totals for a career. Talk about a class by themselves.

It may just be me but is there a more annoying team in the NBA than the Lakers. Between Artest, Gasol, Fisher and Kobe they just get on my nerves. It may have more to do with the Celtic fan in me more than anything else.

Last edited:
Decent win for the Lakers last night. I cant wait to see Boston at full strength and hopefully they can get to full strength for the last 1/4 of the season and the playoffs.

Pretty neat scene in the 1st with Ray Allen and Reggie Miller. Its astonishing that nobody is within like 800 of their 3 point FG totals for a career. Talk about a class by themselves.

It may just be me but is there a more annoying team in the NBA than the Lakers. Between Artest, Gasol, Fisher and Kobe they just get on my nerves. It may have more to do with the Celtic fan in me more than anything else.

Yes, the Celtics. The Celtics are by far the most annoying team in the NBA.

I don't expect you to give the Lakers credit. Just like your classless crybaby coach.

Last year after the Finals loss to LA, Rivers used the Perkins injury as an excuse saying, "the Lakers have not beat us with our starting lineup."

After last night's game, good ole Doc said, "the Lakers have not beat us with Shaq." (Nevermind that you had your "starting lineup" Doc- Rondo-Allen-Pierce-Garnett-Perkins)

It's just annoying because when the Lakers lost to Boston in '08 NOBODY talked about how the Lakers were without Bynum AND Ariza. But that's OK. Injuries are a part of the game. It's just the Celtics are the only team that uses it as an excuse.

Oh, and Lastly... How is Kobe annoying? Only way you think that is if you're a hater. And there are more Kobe haters than MJ ever had. Why is this? Because MJ fans hate the fact that Kobe continues to close the gap on Mike? I think there might be something there...

Good luck to your Celtics the rest the way. I hope everyone gets "healthy," so Doc has no excuses when the Lakers beat them again in the Finals. ;)

Yes, the Celtics. The Celtics are by far the most annoying team in the NBA.

I agree. But Miami is pretty close too. I also have a strong dislike for the Spurs, mainly Ginobili.

I don't expect you to give the Lakers credit. Just like your classless crybaby coach.

Last year after the Finals loss to LA, Rivers used the Perkins injury as an excuse saying, "the Lakers have not beat us with our starting lineup."

After last night's game, good ole Doc said, "the Lakers have not beat us with Shaq." (Nevermind that you had your "starting lineup" Doc- Rondo-Allen-Pierce-Garnett-Perkins)

It's just annoying because when the Lakers lost to Boston in '08 NOBODY talked about how the Lakers were without Bynum AND Ariza. But that's OK. Injuries are a part of the game. It's just the Celtics are the only team that uses it as an excuse.

Oh, and Lastly... How is Kobe annoying? Only way you think that is if you're a hater. And there are more Kobe haters than MJ ever had. Why is this? Because MJ fans hate the fact that Kobe continues to close the gap on Mike? I think there might be something there...

Good luck to your Celtics the rest the way. I hope everyone gets "healthy," so Doc has no excuses when the Lakers beat them again in the Finals. ;)

I agree. But Miami is pretty close too. I also have a strong dislike for the Spurs, mainly Ginobili.

I give the Lakers credit for a nice regular season win because that is all it was. Just like 2 weeks ago the Celtics got a nice regular season win at LA. Its nothing more than that.

I just dont like Kobe. I have no problem acknowledging that he is THE BEST player in the league, and it really isnt all that close between him and Lebron. I never liked MJ either so I really could not care less how much Kobe is closing the gap.

I would want nothing more than a Lakers/Celtics Finals with both teams at full strength. You guys were banged up in 2008 and we lost Perkins for Game 7 last year. It would be the rubber match since we have split Finals meetings and I hope both teams are healthy.

When/If the Celtics get Daniels, J. Oneal, Shaq and Erden back they will be the deepest team in the league.

If you think the Heat are annoying now, just wait until they run off three titles in four years coming up.

Won't happen. Dwade gets hurt to often and Bosh is a little girl. He really is nowhere as good as people think and his defense makes him a liability against a good big

Won't happen. Dwade gets hurt to often and Bosh is a little girl. He really is nowhere as good as people think and his defense makes him a liability against a good big

Will happen. They're 29-6 since their 9-8 start. They're only going to get better the more they play together, Bosh is a great pick and pop guy. Perfect for running pick and rolls with LeBron. Wade will be able to pick his spots a lot more than in the past. He won't need to spend the whole game crashing to the hoop. They're starting to work Mike Miller into the offense, plus once they get Haslem back they will have another quality big who can rebound and shoot the midrange jumper.

Even if they don't win it this year, they're only going to get better in the coming years. The Celtics are old and getting older, Orlando isn't going to be a threat with their cluster **** of a roster right now. The Bulls are tough, and it will be Miami and Chicago atop the East for the next five years or so.

Will happen. They're 29-6 since their 9-8 start. They're only going to get better the more they play together, Bosh is a great pick and pop guy. Perfect for running pick and rolls with LeBron. Wade will be able to pick his spots a lot more than in the past. He won't need to spend the whole game crashing to the hoop. They're starting to work Mike Miller into the offense, plus once they get Haslem back they will have another quality big who can rebound and shoot the midrange jumper.

Even if they don't win it this year, they're only going to get better in the coming years. The Celtics are old and getting older, Orlando isn't going to be a threat with their cluster **** of a roster right now. The Bulls are tough, and it will be Miami and Chicago atop the East for the next five years or so.

You are essentially saying that if they don't win it this year, that they will win it the next 3 years after. Right?

Won't happen. They may be 29-6 in their last 35 games but against the best 4 teams in the East (Boston, Atl, Chi, and Orl) they are 2-5 this year.

You are essentially saying that if they don't win it this year, that they will win it the next 3 years after. Right?

Won't happen. They may be 29-6 in their last 35 games but against the best 4 teams in the East (Boston, Atl, Chi, and Orl) they are 2-5 this year.

They're actually 3-5 against those teams, with both the Boston losses coming very early in the year. They'll get another shot at them on Sunday. And they lost to the Bulls by three on the road with LeBron. And yes if they don't win this year, I think they will win the next three.

If you think the Heat are annoying now, just wait until they run off three titles in four years coming up.

They should win it every year for the next 6, or 7 years right? They have 2 of the top 3 players in the league on the same team. They will surely break the Bulls record of 72 wins too at some point. And then ESPN can devote their front page to the Heat instead of just their own page within the NBA section of the site. Have you guys seen their page on ESPN.com? It's called "The Heat Index," and they have writers that cover Miami's every move all season long. :rolleyes:

I give the Lakers credit for a nice regular season win because that is all it was. Just like 2 weeks ago the Celtics got a nice regular season win at LA. Its nothing more than that.

I just dont like Kobe. I have no problem acknowledging that he is THE BEST player in the league, and it really isnt all that close between him and Lebron. I never liked MJ either so I really could not care less how much Kobe is closing the gap.

I would want nothing more than a Lakers/Celtics Finals with both teams at full strength. You guys were banged up in 2008 and we lost Perkins for Game 7 last year. It would be the rubber match since we have split Finals meetings and I hope both teams are healthy.

When/If the Celtics get Daniels, J. Oneal, Shaq and Erden back they will be the deepest team in the league.

Great post. I agree with all of this.

Really? Who in the West is going to beat the PLAYOFF Lakers 4 times in 7 games? I really don't see it.

Boston is the only team I fear in a 7-game series. Just my opinion.

How about Dallas? Love to see Phil getting completely outcoached by Rick Carlisle and Dirk is leaving no doubt who the best player in this series is.

The Celtics are not going to make it to the finals unless they get the top seed in the east. If they get the two or three seed they are going to run into the Bulls. And they won't make it through the Bulls and Heat in back to back series.

I don't see the Lakers coming out of the west unless they make a major move between now and the trade deadline.

Looks like I pretty much nailed this prediction.

Latest posts