Would be stupid for Denver, but...

Two questions.

Who is rumored to be in the deal? I haven't paid to much attention to it.

Who were they trying to trade for when sending Ron to Charlotte?

Steven Jackson or Gerald Wallace were the two players rumored. I believe it was going to be a straight up one-for-one deal.

Steven Jackson or Gerald Wallace were the two players rumored. I believe it was going to be a straight up one-for-one deal.

I don't get why Charlotte would have even considered either deal? Both Wallace and Cap'n Jax are much better than Artest, unless the Bobcat's GM hasn't seen Artest play in the last few years, which I suppose, is entirely possible.

Last edited:
I don't get why Charlotte would have even considered either deal? Both Wallace and Cap'n Jax are much better than Artest, unless the Bobcats hasn't see Artest play in the last few years, which I suppose, is entirely possible.

Well, when you can trade for a worse player with a similar lousy contract, you just have to do it.:cool:

I would love for Bynum to go and obviously this deal would be perfect. I think you're right HS4EVER in that a lot of Laker fans don't like him. He thinks he is greater than what he is and he hardly ever passes out of the post even when he is stuck with no shot. I also hate that smug look on his face.

The thing that I do like about him is that he has good trade value (minus the fact that he is injury prone). Oh and you are right in that Ron Ron needs to pack his bags. Nobody will take him with his contract though, damnit.

I think if the Lakers are "better" this year with Melo, they would remain better for the next 2-4 years.

Kobe still has a lot left in the tank. Gasol is in his prime, and Melo is just 26.

LeBron, Wade and Bosh will still be right there though.

I think what makes the Lakers better (if they get Melo, and if the deal actually does improve the team, which I am still not sure it would) is their supporting cast.

Odom would be their 4th best player? That is ridiculous. He should be an all star this year.

The only trade I WANT the Lakers to make is one that would send Artest packing. Can't stand the guy!

You have to be careful with the age thing. When you come into the league at 18 or 19 years old it is about the amount of games you have played in your career not your chronological age. Given the amount the games melo has played in his career he is probably 26 going on 30...Kobe is only 33, but the sheer number of games he has played makes him about 36.

I'm just a casual NBA observer, it would be more interesting to me if melo landed with the Knicks in the East. It would add some more intrigue and quality depth of playoff teams in the Eastern Conference if Melo went east.

NBA is fixed. Only reason Kobe has any rings.

Yeah, that's it. Dumba$$.

You have to be careful with the age thing. When you come into the league at 18 or 19 years old it is about the amount of games you have played in your career not your chronological age. Given the amount the games melo has played in his career he is probably 26 going on 30...Kobe is only 33, but the sheer number of games he has played makes him about 36.

I'm just a casual NBA observer, it would be more interesting to me if melo landed with the Knicks in the East. It would add some more intrigue and quality depth of playoff teams in the Eastern Conference if Melo went east.

I am fully aware of what you are saying. Kobe is 32 now, but is in his 15th season (which seems unreal to me as I started watching him as a high school senior on ESPN...). Crazy stat about Kobe is that he has played the equivalent of more than TWO full regular seasons in playoff games. So it is almost like this is his 17th season. I still think Kobe has quite a bit left in the tank though. He is widely known as the hardest worker in the league, and he stays in better shape than anyone.

As for Melo, he has been in the league the same amount of time as LeBron, Wade and Bosh. All four were in same draft (2003). LeBron came straight from HS, Bosh and Melo came out after one year of college, so they are both just a year older than Melo. Wade is 2-3 years older.

I guess what I am getting at is how you are calling Melo "30" and not referring to LeBron and Bosh in same light?

Yeah, that's it. Dumba$$.

I am fully aware of what you are saying. Kobe is 32 now, but is in his 15th season (which seems unreal to me as I started watching him as a high school senior on ESPN...). Crazy stat about Kobe is that he has played the equivalent of more than TWO full regular seasons in playoff games. So it is almost like this is his 17th season. I still think Kobe has quite a bit left in the tank though. He is widely known as the hardest worker in the league, and he stays in better shape than anyone.

As for Melo, he has been in the league the same amount of time as LeBron, Wade and Bosh. All four were in same draft (2003). LeBron came straight from HS, Bosh and Melo came out after one year of college, so they are both just a year older than Melo. Wade is 2-3 years older.

I guess what I am getting at is how you are calling Melo "30" and not referring to LeBron and Bosh in same light?

I do include those guys in the same light. Even though Lebron handled the exit from Cleveland poorly.... I never killed him for wanting to move on, the mileage is piling up and piling up quickly and he was smart enough to realize it.

Boston/LA rematch tonight in Boston on TNT. I love watching these 2 teams play each other. It was clear when they met in LA that Boston was the better team, but it is just the regular season.

State- Does it **** you off that Gasol has to be called every year it seems like because he is soft? I pretty much hate every player on the Lakers but he is at the top of the list.

Boston/LA rematch tonight in Boston on TNT. I love watching these 2 teams play each other. It was clear when they met in LA that Boston was the better team, but it is just the regular season.

State- Does it **** you off that Gasol has to be called every year it seems like because he is soft? I pretty much hate every player on the Lakers but he is at the top of the list.

Gasol needs to take some lessons on how to be hard from KG. Say mother****er every other word. Practice your intense stare. Scream all the time. Only act tough when going up against small guards. Never step up to anyone like Amare, Artest, Stephen Jackson, Horford, anyone who might do anything back, just go at scrubs.

I am looking forward to tonight's game, although I do not put much stock in regular season games regardless of the teams involved. I have learned this from watching a lot of NBA games over the years. That being said, I really want a LAKER WIN tonight!

As for Gasol, I love the guy, and yes it gets annoying hearing all these people call him "soft" every year. When he plays "tough," he gets called dirty. He can't win. I will admit though that I called him "Gasoft" after the '08 Lakers-Celtics Finals where he got destroyed.

Gasol needs to take some lessons on how to be hard from KG. Say mother****er every other word. Practice your intense stare. Scream all the time. Only act tough when going up against small guards. Never step up to anyone like Amare, Artest, Stephen Jackson, Horford, anyone who might do anything back, just go at scrubs.

I used to like and respect Garnett when I saw him play in Minnesota 5-6 times a year. Once he went to Boston though he turned into an arrogant *****, who is now the dirtiest player in the game.

He acts all tough, walks around calling people "cancer patients," punching guys in the balls, dropping the F-bomb every other word (as you mentioned), etc. F*** Garnett. He is a piece of sh*t. I hate Boston with a passion- the whole city! Haha. But I at least respect Rondo and Allen. Garnett and Pierce can eff off! GO LAKERS!!! :D

I am looking forward to tonight's game, although I do not put much stock in regular season games regardless of the teams involved. I have learned this from watching a lot of NBA games over the years. That being said, I really want a LAKER WIN tonight!

As for Gasol, I love the guy, and yes it gets annoying hearing all these people call him "soft" every year. When he plays "tough," he gets called dirty. He can't win. I will admit though that I called him "Gasoft" after the '08 Lakers-Celtics Finals where he got destroyed.

I used to like and respect Garnett when I saw him play in Minnesota 5-6 times a year. Once he went to Boston though he turned into an arrogant *****, who is now the dirtiest player in the game.

He acts all tough, walks around calling people "cancer patients," punching guys in the balls, dropping the F-bomb every other word (as you mentioned), etc. F*** Garnett. He is a piece of sh*t. I hate Boston with a passion- the whole city! Haha. But I at least respect Rondo and Allen. Garnett and Pierce can eff off! GO LAKERS!!! :D

He is a competitor and one of those guys who you would love if he was on your team. The cancer patient comment was clarified, I guess you have to choose who to believe on that one. You all sound like a bunch of Spike Lees in here.

What do you have against Pierce? Or is just the fact that he is an Inglewood boy that is now a Celtic?

Garnett has the same intensity no matter who he is going against. Like I just said you would love him if he was on your team. Lots of Joakim Noah/Spike Lee complexes going on in these last few posts.

He is a competitor and one of those guys who you would love if he was on your team. The cancer patient comment was clarified, I guess you have to choose who to believe on that one. You all sound like a bunch of Spike Lees in here.

What do you have against Pierce? Or is just the fact that he is an Inglewood boy that is now a Celtic?

He's not a competitor, he's a punk. And I don't think any rational person actually believes KG told Vilenueva that he was "cancerous to his team and our league". There's no way KG can get out more than four words without at least two f bombs in there.

Kevin Garnett is my least favorite player in the league. Acts tough, talks tough, but is a big *****. I really think there is something mentally wrong with the guy. He has a screw loose

I like Pierce. I'm told that Rondo is the biggest ******* on that team. Just a huge tool. But I like his game. Ray Allen seems like a likeable dude.

But I hate KG, don't like Perkins, and Shaq annoys me

It has nothing to do with where he's from. It has everything to do with his little b!tch act in Game 1 of the '08 Finals. You remember when he went down in "so much pain that he couldn't even stand up?" Then they literally wheeled him off in a wheelchair, only for him to be miraculously "OK" just in time to come back and hit the game-winning shot in the 4th quarter? Laughable. What a dbag.

Also, after they beat the Lakers that year, he told the ESPN that HE was "the best basketball player in the world." All of a sudden 10 years of Playoff choke jobs, poor performances, and a couple of 60-loss seasons, he wins one ring with a couple other All Stars and he is the best player in the world? What a joke. I just think he, much like Garnett, is a punk a$$ b!tch.

17, I have heard same stuff about Rondo. Have not witnessed it though.

Either way, screw the celtics. Go Lakers!

I like Pierce. I'm told that Rondo is the biggest ******* on that team. Just a huge tool. But I like his game. Ray Allen seems like a likeable dude.

But I hate KG, don't like Perkins, and Shaq annoys me

I don't really like Perkins, dude always looks ****** off, but I respect him. He's one of the best low post defenders in the game, one of the only guys that can handle Dwight Howard one on one, and unlike KG, he's actually tough. Not a guy you want to **** with.

He's not a competitor, he's a punk. And I don't think any rational person actually believes KG told Vilenueva that he was "cancerous to his team and our league". There's no way KG can get out more than four words without at least two f bombs in there.

How can you say KG is not a competitor? He may rub people the wrong way but to say that he is not a gamer is flat out wrong.

It has nothing to do with where he's from. It has everything to do with his little b!tch act in Game 1 of the '08 Finals. You remember when he went down in "so much pain that he couldn't even stand up?" Then they literally wheeled him off in a wheelchair, only for him to be miraculously "OK" just in time to come back and hit the game-winning shot in the 4th quarter? Laughable. What a dbag.

Also, after they beat the Lakers that year, he told the ESPN that HE was "the best basketball player in the world." All of a sudden 10 years of Playoff choke jobs, poor performances, and a couple of 60-loss seasons, he wins one ring with a couple other All Stars and he is the best player in the world? What a joke. I just think he, much like Garnett, is a punk a$$ b!tch.

17, I have heard same stuff about Rondo. Have not witnessed it though.

Either way, screw the celtics. Go Lakers!

Haha, I agree the injury scene in Game 1 of 2008 was a little extreme. With the way he was on the floor and helped back to the locker room I thought he had torn his ACL for sure.

Gasol does quite a bit of jawing and yelling on the court with half the resume that KG has.