Worst Program in the U.S.A.

Or a Crown Royal;).... I'm with you Freaky! I'm getting too old to let this stuff get to me so much(although the Mrs. would say otherwise). Beautiful day here in Calhoun County!

Having been a Hawk fan for a while, I've learned it's pointless to get too wrapped up in it. I am disappointed for sure, and....crabby but I'll chalk that up to needing something to eat. Maybe I'll take the kids to get pumpkins, Halloween costumes and food. It's beautiful in Olmstead County too. Won't be too much of that left!

Still waiting on someone to reply in agreement, that the University of Iowa has the worst football program in the United States of America (based of course in part by contract requirements)

I'm no Ferentz-ite, but I would gladly slog through the next eight years with Kirk before I would take on the current state of any number of other programs, even ones that can quickly jettison the coach. This year may break this trend, but you realize we haven't fallen short of bowl eligibility since 2000, right? I believe Iowa has missed big opportunities to 'step up' a bit (2005 and 2010), but for crying out loud, just look at all the places that struggle to break 3-9 and often lose to FCS teams, regardless of the number of coaching changes and amount of "hope" they have.

Kirk has definite shortcomings, IMO. Also, I'm not happy, per se, with 6-6, 7-5, or whatever this year will bring, especially with the schedules we've had. But at least show some baseline level of perspective and appreciation.

Last edited:
almost bought a bottle of templeton rye last night as it caught my eye in the HyVee Wine and Spirits store.

I'm no Ferentz-ite, but I would gladly slog through the next eight years with Kirk before I would take on the current state of any number of other programs, even ones that can quickly jettison the coach. This year may break this trend, but you realize we haven't fallen short of bowl eligibility since 2000, right? I believe Iowa has missed big opportunities to 'step up' a bit (2005 and 2010), but for crying out loud, just look at all the places that struggle to break 3-9 and often lose to FCS teams, regardless of the number of coaching changes and amount of "hope" they have.

Kirk has definite shortcomings, IMO. Also, I'm not happy, per se, with 6-6, 7-5, or whatever this year will bring, especially with the schedules we've had, but at least show some baseline level of perspective and appreciation.

Fair. I'm just hoping someone can point to some other program who isn't as locked in as we are.

Kirk has definite shortcomings, IMO. Also, I'm not happy, per se, with 6-6, 7-5, or whatever this year will bring, especially with the schedules we've had, but at least show some baseline level of perspective and appreciation.

Big fan of this line of thinking. My thoughts as well

Fair. I'm just hoping someone can point to some other program who isn't as locked in as we are.

And I'll concede that I can't name one, haha. I don't know Mack Brown's contract status at Texas, but they're a pretty savagely overrated #23. Still, ranked is ranked, and there's absolutely no disputing they have more upside than Iowa right now, even adjusting for the difference in recruiting capacity and overall fan expectations.

Claassic! Where would one find such a wonderfully named brew!
Stone Brewing Co out of California. They just started distributing to Iowa a couple of weeks ago. Them and Rogue are two of the most liked microbreweries on the west coast. It's good, very hoppy yet smooth.

I've never had that before. I mom-inlaw just bot me sum fer my bday. I'm pimped. Or pumped. One of the two.

depends on what you like. i loved the stuff. haven't drank in some time, but just seeing that bottle got the blood flowing. pretty darn good stuff, and smooth.