World series picks....????

1013Hawk

Twins vs Phillies. And the Phillies starting pitching is just too much. Phillies in 5. Who does everyone else like??

As a life long Giants fan I am PRAYING for Giants vs. Twins.

I put my wife on notice that I will be heading to MSP if this happens. She rolled her eyes and said "Whatever". I reminded her of the Lady Gaga tickets she just purchased and that pretty much ended the discussion.

As far as who I think, in the NL its going to come down to pitching. I see the NLCS between the Giants and Phillies and at that point it comes down to who's the hotter team. It could go either way.

In the AL if the Twins get past the Yankees I think Minny will make it to the series.

I would totally welcome the Giants and Twins Series matchup! Offensive Twins vs Pitching Happy Giants would be interesting! The Twins need to get the Yankee Monkey off of their backs! If they get over that hump anything is possible! Especially if they meet in the Tampa Dome for a series. Twins would for sure welcome that!!! As for Lady Gaga and your wife?? HAHA! You are green lighted in my opinion!! :)

I would totally welcome the Giants and Twins Series matchup! Offensive Twins vs Pitching Happy Giants would be interesting! The Twins need to get the Yankee Monkey off of their backs! If they get over that hump anything is possible! Especially if they meet in the Tampa Dome for a series. Twins would for sure welcome that!!! As for Lady Gaga and your wife?? HAHA! You are green lighted in my opinion!! :)

Mine as well friend, mine as well. :D

I will be shocked if the Twins beat the Yanks

This hurts me to say as a Braves fan but Giants vs Yanks. Yanks in 6.

If the Giants get off to a good start in the playoffs look out.

Yeah I would have to say Giants and Yanks as well. SF pitching has came around pretty well when it mattered. I don't think they have enough for the firepower of NY though . I think NY wins another in 6

I don't know fellas, the Yankees starting pitching is in trouble with Burnett being left out of the rotation. Pettite is shaky is his older age and Phil Hughes just doesn't sell it to me. Not to mention Rivera isn't the same closer he once was. But I have to give it to you, the experience does wonders. I personally think that the Yanks go down against the Twins and Girardi feels the criticism so much that he bolts New York to head back to his home town of Chicago to manage the Cubs. (Northwestern Alum)

A Giants/Yankees World Series would be epic. For those who don't know, there's a little history there.

History of the New York Giants (NL) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lou Gehrig said this in his farewell address "[SIZE=-1]Sure, I'm lucky. When the New York Giants, a team you would give your right arm to beat and vice versa, sends you a gift, that's something."

Granted he was talking about the New York Giants, but Baseball, it's fans, and media loves storylines, and a retelling of one most historic rivalries in Baseball would make for a great story.

If the Giants and Yankees meet in the post season, I've got 2:1 odds that Fox uses Gehrig's quote somewhere in it's broadcast.

Cliff Clavin fact of the day: Did you know that the Mets logo is that of the NY Giants and their color scheme is NY Giant Orange and Brooklyn Dodgers Blue.
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
As a life long Giants fan I am PRAYING for Giants vs. Twins.

I put my wife on notice that I will be heading to MSP if this happens. She rolled her eyes and said "Whatever". I reminded her of the Lady Gaga tickets she just purchased and that pretty much ended the discussion.

As far as who I think, in the NL its going to come down to pitching. I see the NLCS between the Giants and Phillies and at that point it comes down to who's the hotter team. It could go either way.

In the AL if the Twins get past the Yankees I think Minny will make it to the series.

AMEN bro!!! Go Giants!!

This hurts me to say as a Braves fan but Giants vs Yanks. Yanks in 6.

Then don't say it. It will be the Braves all the way for sport's cinderella story of the year! That's what my heart says anyway and I'll just leave it at that. :D

Go Braves!

Then don't say it. It will be the Braves all the way for sport's cinderella story of the year! That's what my heart says anyway and I'll just leave it at that. :D

Go Braves!

What??? I'm sorry but the Braves are not a Cinderella Story by any means. That title lies with either Tampa Bay, Texas, or Cincy.

I'll give you Sentimental Story of the year, because it's Bobby Cox's last season, but Cinderella is a little bit of a stretch.

Hope you're prepared for a very low scoring affair. I think the SF/ATL series will be the textbook definition of a Pitcher's Duel

Lifelong Giants fan as well. I live an hour from Target Field and have gone to a couple of their games this season. Awesome park!! That said just rooting for the Giants to get to the WS, I don't care who they face.

What??? I'm sorry but the Braves are not a Cinderella Story by any means. That title lies with either Tampa Bay, Texas, or Cincy.

I'll give you Sentimental Story of the year, because it's Bobby Cox's last season, but Cinderella is a little bit of a stretch.

I think they're deserving of a few votes for Cinderella story especially considering that they are currently a shell of what this team was during most of the year. Maybe the better word should have been top "underdog" but I think Cinderella is still a fit considering their current state.

* Current LV odds have them at 12-1 which is the highest of any other post season entry.

* Their top two team leaders and No. 3 hitters in the lineup, Jones and Prado, are out with injuries.

* Two starting pitchers, Medlen and Jurrjens, as well as top set up reliever are out with injuries.

* Two Braves in current lineup that were there on opening day. I think I read over 130 lineup changes over the course of the season.

To overcome all this would be at least a Cinderella finish considering what their trend line for W's looks like in the last week's of the season.

Play ball!

Latest posts