Words of wisdom from Hayden

HawkeyeTech

I was reading an article in the "Where Are They Now" section on Matt Sherman and saw this quote, which I thought was quite appropriate in this era of Ferentz bashing:

“It really hurts me because I hate to see the state of Iowa get that type of image — always griping about something, always negative,â€￾ Hayden Fry said back in 1997. “There’s so many great things that these young people do. It just really irritates the hell out of me.â€￾

It irritates the hell out of me, too.

have a sandwich?

fp-potp-peanutbutter608.jpg

I was reading an article in the "Where Are They Now" section on Matt Sherman and saw this quote, which I thought was quite appropriate in this era of Ferentz bashing:

“It really hurts me because I hate to see the state of Iowa get that type of image — always griping about something, always negative,â€￾ Hayden Fry said back in 1997. “There’s so many great things that these young people do. It just really irritates the hell out of me.â€￾

It irritates the hell out of me, too.

This passage was taken out of context...the next line was, "people should only complain when a coach doesn't know how to use his timeouts, or how to play aggressively on offense with a one score lead."

Ok, let's try this one....more.....time.....

The super majority of fans greatly appreciate and respect the players and recognize just hard how they work and how much IOWA football means to them. They're giving their all for Hawkeye Nation. While we do speculate who may be the better QB or RB etc, and whether a guy should be playing more... it's rare that I hear a fan harshly call out a player. (It takes a D-bag like DJK to bring that out of people).

it's THE COACH!!!!! that drives us mad.

I agree; when people go negative on this board, it is almost always directed at the coaches and their decisions. Coaches are fair game. They are being paid a RIDICULOUS amount of money each year, and sometimes the arrogance that they display (Saban all of the time; Ferentz some of the time) really makes the average fan scratch his head in wonder

I agree; when people go negative on this board, it is almost always directed at the coaches and their decisions. Coaches are fair game. They are being paid a RIDICULOUS amount of money each year, and sometimes the arrogance that they display (Saban all of the time; Ferentz some of the time) really makes the average fan scratch his head in wonder

On a related note, I noticed USA Today sports section had a feature on FBS footbal coach salaries. You're gonna love this...KFz gets a 1/2 Million $ bonus after this season for.... wait for it... simply remaining as the coach.

Gary Barta is one shrewd negotiator.

On a related note, I noticed USA Today sports section had a feature on FBS footbal coach salaries. You're gonna love this...KFz gets a 1/2 Million $ bonus after this season for.... wait for it... simply remaining as the coach.

You should post this in more places.

I imagine Kirk and his agent sitting in silence as a sweaty shaking Barta negotiates against himself.

Latest posts