Woody's 3 second call

PCHawk

Came with 4 seconds off the shot clock. Has anyone ever seen something like that? Gesell was just crossing half court when they called it.

I meant to go back and look at that and I'm pretty sure high school rules are the 3 second rule doesn't apply until the ball is in the front court. Not sure about college.

I was so ****** about that call at the time. I've never seen anything like it. MG had barely crossed half court. If he did foul someone then call that. It's like when they call the ball out of bounds to a team when the wrong guy knocked it out but since he was fouled they give it to the team that was fouled but they don't call it for the sake of not calling it as such. I've always thought that's not the right way to do it. Call em for a foul. It slows the game down. Keep the ball in play more.

Surprising, given Woody's history of getting favorable calls.

it was done instead of giving him a cheap early foul. a warning, per se.

Foul on who the Davidson guy had his forarm in middle of Woody back triyng to push him out of the land, that is foul and instead the ref got to 1 and called 3 seconds even announcers said was the fastest call he had ever seen

Something tells me it was an early warning by the ref. I don't know if Woody is a Coleman or not but there are a lot of guys that are. It's not something that you see called all that often.

Thanks for posting this. Thought since nobody said anything about it maybe I'd missed something. Never seen that call before. If it was a make good call, it was original.

Latest posts