Woody rebounds 1 ft from basket ....

uihawk82

Then doesn't put it right back. Two key rebounds and no points on last 2 minutes. What is up with that, Y league players at 6 ft tall would put it right back up on the glass.

I have tried to be a Woody backer but after a bunch of double doubles he has disappeared.

Please comment.

Agree completely for sure any center would a) gather his balance b) go up strong and dunk it like he means it. Only aggression offensively is goal tend with 15 second left.

Agree completely for sure any center would a) gather his balance b) go up strong and dunk it like he means it. Only aggression offensively is goal tend with 15 second left.

Yes, the first time this year his hand was above the rim, I only somewhat kid as Woody has been a tough player but I have never seen such a non aggressive 7 footer

Then doesn't put it right back. Two key rebounds and no points on last 2 minutes. What is up with that, Y league players at 6 ft tall would put it right back up on the glass.

I have tried to be a Woody backer but after a bunch of double doubles he has disappeared.

Please comment.

I too was just dumbfounded with that. Maybe the worst ever moment in his career given the context. Happened right in front of me. Truly shocking. I really kind of feel bad for the guy because he has been good at times this year. He was not good tonight. Fran sat him for a very long stretch in the 2nd half. Some weird 'plague' seems to have infected the team lately.

I too was just dumbfounded with that. Maybe the worst ever moment in his career given the context. Happened right in front of me. Truly shocking. I really kind of feel bad for the guy because he has been good at times this year. He was not good tonight. Fran sat him for a very long stretch in the 2nd half. Some weird 'plague' seems to have infected the team lately.

The plague is called non aggressive play. IU easy way more aggressive than the hawks

When he got that rebound, I put 2 points on the board in my head already. Then he passed it back out. I was in shock. I talked in a thread a few days ago about this senior class doing whatever it takes to lose a game. I didn't have passing up wide open put backs on the list.

The plague is called non aggressive play. IU easy way more aggressive than the hawks

True. Amazing how much they fouled and how quickly we got into the bonuses in both halves. The foul disparity was truly remarkable. And Indiana could have been whistled for more.

And we didn't take advantage of it because we aren't aggressive. But then again, WHO are you going to throw the ball to down low to take advantage of it? We just don't have those players, nor are that team.

It is unbelievable at this point in his career. Total lack of confidence and I think some blame on the coaches. Also woody's parents should ask for a refund on the big man camp costs

I have always wondered which coach has mostly worked with Woody in his career? Francis?

Also, if we would have had another physical big man banger on this roster for Woody to practice against, I think that would have helped him and his confidence all these years. I didn't consider Oleseni that guy. More finesse.

It is unbelievable at this point in his career. Total lack of confidence and I think some blame on the coaches. Also woody's parents should ask for a refund on the big man camp costs

Lol this brings up an interesting question actually. I wonder what percentage of parents spend more on camps/lessons/training/gear in order for their kids to get full scholarships for sports than the actual tuition would be itself

I have always wondered which coach has mostly worked with Woody in his career? Francis?

Also, if we would have had another physical big man banger on this roster for Woody to practice against, I think that would have helped him and his confidence all these years. I didn't consider Oleseni that guy. More finesse.

7 footer 1 inch players go to special camps, big man camps which have been around for years. My observation is he has bad hands, yet a good passer, he got
Doesn't have much footwork but...I'm drunk

Please comment.

Don't forget Woody taking the ball out of bounds on a missed free throw!

I was screaming at the TV "Put it up!!! Draw the foul." But alas only my neighbors heard me. If I am not mistaken IU Thomas was right behind him and would have fouled out? smh. There's always next year, am I right Hawk fans?

I hope Fran has learned his lesson about promising recruits starter status to get them to sign. It's not worth it. I think it causes problems in the locker room, when everyone else has to justify their positions on the team by practicing.

Don't forget Woody taking the ball out of bounds on a missed free throw!

Yes, that fumble out of bounds was totally like the late game rebound he could not gather in at Ohio St in the last game.

I cant remember but I think both osu and IU scored after those bobbles.

7 footer 1 inch players go to special camps, big man camps which have been around for years. My observation is he has bad hands, yet a good passer, he got
Doesn't have much footwork but...I'm drunk

Oaf, very unathletic, uncoordinated, horrible hands, but tries hard, he does what he can with what he's got, fans just hoped for much more given his imposing height and frame. Type of guy that looks great getting off the team bus.

This is an issue and contributes to the "softness" of this team.....tight ball game, you look for every kind of advantage you can think of.....and Woody throwing it back out was the slam on the coffin, known as Iowa basketball.

He is bad, has been bad, and yet when we need an athletic lineup Fran shoves him in to slow things down. 0 offense, can't dunk, he is 7 feet tall and prefers layups. Rebounds on occasion, but never goes back up, something is wrong, he has been here for 4 years and is SOFT! One of many soft players.