Woods, B. Ferentz vs Isu

my point is that typically Iowa has a big play potential type of back that the defense needs to adjust for. this year Iowa doesn't have that. thus making defensive scheming and match ups easier for ISU than normal coming into this game.
So you know that Garmon, Hill, Bullock, Rodgers can't see a hole and hit it and get 5 yards or more a carry? Iowa's backs are not game breaking type of guys but I'm sure they can carry the ball effectively against 4 man fronts and 7 in coverage!

my point is that typically Iowa has a big play potential type of back that the defense needs to adjust for. this year Iowa doesn't have that. thus making defensive scheming and match ups easier for ISU than normal coming into this game.

On paper, you're correct. But we both know you can pretty much throw out the skript when Iowa and isu square off.
I offer in support of my assertion: steel pantz.
Dude is a total buster, yet somehow, some way, he found enough of a game--and a helluva lot of luck--last season to be credited with a W. :rolleyes:

So you know that Garmon, Hill, Bullock, Rodgers can't see a hole and hit it and get 5 yards or more a carry? Iowa's backs are not game breaking type of guys but I'm sure they can carry the ball effectively against 4 man fronts and 7 in coverage!

considering two of those guys, according to KF, can't handle contact at this point, it doesn't bode well for Iowa at the RB position.

considering two of those guys, according to KF, can't handle contact at this point, it doesn't bode well for Iowa at the RB position.
LMAO u act like they never played football, can't handle or haven't had any contact are two different things!

Yeah that matchup in the passing game is in Iowa's favor. I know the ISU peeps are high on their linebackers, and they should be, they're good. But there's no way they can spin that argument realistically.

And another thing about the LB duo at ISU, both of those guys are getting high praise. And like I said, rightly so. However, I don't mean to pigeonhole those guys and downplay their abilities... But they are not really elite athletes. They are great LBs in the sense that they are big, strong, aggressive, form tacklers, great leaders for the D and entire team. They are not sideline to sideline cover LBs, if anything, that is the kind of LB that Iowa has. Klein and Knott have their strengths, covering a future NFL TE downfield is not one of them.

Knott wasn't back pedaling when he covered Blackmon in OT last year. He blanketed JB and tipped the ball which resulted in an INT. He can cover a TE just fine.

You do realize that had Weeden made a good throw, Blackmon would have scored on that play, right? Also, Knott had no problems covering Blackmon on that play because he was playing zone, not man to man.

Knott wasn't back pedaling when he covered Blackmon in OT last year. He blanketed JB and tipped the ball which resulted in an INT. He can cover a TE just fine.

The hyperbole is getting out of control. I played against Knott in HS, seriously I like the guy. He's local, seems like a good dude, and he's a great story of success.

But come on. Blackmon is one of the best athletes in recent college football memory.

KNOTT IS TEH BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVARRR!!!
LE TROPHY NAME WILL BE CHANGED FROM HEISMAN TO KNOTT AFTER DIS SEASON!!!
KNOTT FOR PRES'DENT TOO!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!

The hyperbole is getting out of control. I played against Knott in HS, seriously I like the guy. He's local, seems like a good dude, and he's a great story of success.

But come on. Blackmon is one of the best athletes in recent college football memory.

yes, Blackmon is/was......that is the point. That's nice that you played against Knott in HS. I played against Roger Craig in HS, so what is your point?

yes, Blackmon is/was......that is the point. That's nice that you played against Knott in HS. I played against Roger Craig in HS, so what is your point?

Congrats to Knott for being able to defend his zone on a poorly thrown ball. Lol at you thinking Knott is some elite athlete. He's a really good LB, but capable of covering Blackmon 1v1, no chance.

If Knott is covering CJ and CJ is in the slot don't any of you clowns think that Iowa is going to run the ball with 6 people in the box? Like I stated b4, we could go back and forth all night and day but now knowing that Knott is the best LB in college football I will back off and let you have this one............good day.

Yeah that matchup in the passing game is in Iowa's favor. I know the ISU peeps are high on their linebackers, and they should be, they're good. But there's no way they can spin that argument realistically.

And another thing about the LB duo at ISU, both of those guys are getting high praise. And like I said, rightly so. However, I don't mean to pigeonhole those guys and downplay their abilities... But they are not really elite athletes. They are great LBs in the sense that they are big, strong, aggressive, form tacklers, great leaders for the D and entire team. They are not sideline to sideline cover LBs, if anything, that is the kind of LB that Iowa has. Klein and Knott have their strengths, covering a future NFL TE downfield is not one of them.

so, this is what the rap sheet of a future NFL TE looks like? seems to me the stats show klein and knott did just fine dealing with him last year.

ESPN - CJ Fiedorowicz

potential and reality are two different things my friend.

Latest posts