Woods, B. Ferentz vs Isu

joshhawk

Its been brought up alot that during the Ferentz era the Hawks haven't really matched the intensity level of the Clowns. Got me thinking that with Woods and Brian Ferentz on staff (both knowing what its like to lose to the Clowns) does anyone feel we might see a little more fire from our guys in the Isu game ?

Its been brought up alot that during the Ferentz era the Hawks haven't really matched the intensity level of the Clowns. Got me thinking that with Woods and Brian Ferentz on staff (both knowing what its like to lose to the Clowns) does anyone feel we might see a little more fire from our guys in the Isu game ?

It will be our Super Bowl

I don't necessarily want to see it be our Super Bowl like it is to them more a desire for our guys to put them were they belong.

I simply don't buy that Iowa players somehow take this game less seriously as Iowa State players. If you can't get jacked up to play your instate rival, you don't belong on the team. There's a trophy at stake, it's the biggest game in state, and plenty of trash talk to go around. Hell, watching those ugly crimson and gold uni's come to your sideline to take the trophy should be motivation enough.

The reality is their fan base puts the most emphasis on this game since they know their historic 4-7 record is their likely season result...or a Meinke Car Care bowl in a great year. A win over Iowa makes everything ok when they watch the bowl season at home. I believe they usually watch the Iowa replay on New Years Day and pretend it's real time.

This topic is always fun here. Most posters are too dense to understand that ISU doesn't put that emphasis on this game like it did with DMac. But, please do keep saying it's ISU's Superbowl and that ISU players get up for this game more than any other during the season when that's been especially disproved since Rhoads has been in charge. I'm sure all of those kids from California, Texas and Florida (52 kids on the roster from just those 3 states) dream of beating THE Iowa Hawkeyes. Seriously, give it a rest because each year, it sounds just that much more pathetic.

This topic is always fun here. Most posters are too dense to understand that ISU doesn't put that emphasis on this game like it did with DMac. But, please do keep saying it's ISU's Superbowl and that ISU players get up for this game more than any other during the season when that's been especially disproved since Rhoads has been in charge. I'm sure all of those kids from California, Texas and Florida (52 kids on the roster from just those 3 states) dream of beating THE Iowa Hawkeyes. Seriously, give it a rest because each year, it sounds just that much more pathetic.

How has it been especially disproven since Rhodes has been in charge? He's from Ankeny, Cyclone fan his whole life (I think). You're telling me he doesn't put a little more emphasis on the Iowa game

And don't give me that crap about kids from other states can't hate in-state rivals. Fred Barr was from Florida and said he hated the Cyclones.

so, the only reason iowa has lost to ISU a bunch during the ferentz era is because they weren't trying hard enough and now the new coaches will get them to try harder?

Le+Derp.+Um+hi.+I+like+cheese.+BKAYGDVYDCIUW.+sums+me_43cd6f_3959419.jpg

Just sayin having guys on staff who have had the displeasure of losing to the Clowns stuck in there crawl may bring a new intensity to the game on our side. They have been in these battles they have experiences that have nurtured a dislike of Isu (hopefully) and they can use that to help our guys.

Haven't heard much about Aluminum Pantz this pre season. What's the dealy-o?

How has it been especially disproven since Rhodes has been in charge? He's from Ankeny, Cyclone fan his whole life (I think). You're telling me he doesn't put a little more emphasis on the Iowa game

And don't give me that crap about kids from other states can't hate in-state rivals. Fred Barr was from Florida and said he hated the Cyclones.

Because there isn't an emphasis on the game. With DMac, you knew that ISU was going into that game with a chip on their shoulder. They wanted that game more than any other. DMac also made it a point to load up on Iowa kids. Rhoads doesn't have that same mentality. Also, even though he's from Ankeny and most likely grew-up a Cyclone fan, that doesn't change the fact that he must approach each game exactly the same. I never said that out-of-staters can't get into in-state rivalry games, but they came to ISU to play for Rhoads and to be in the Big 12. Of course they're going to get-up for a rivalry game, but it's not near as much as it's been made out by the Hawkeye faithful.

I hope so because the clown fans on this site need a reality check. A blowout would be even better.

See, now what does this mean? How will reality be changed? Are we that deranged?

Haven't heard much about Aluminum Pantz this pre season. What's the dealy-o?

He's been under the knife since the end of last season. Rumor is that he's going to be bionic. I've heard he'll be 7' tall and 330 lbs, but can still run a 2.50 40. Just "rumors" at this point.

The problem Iowa has with beating ISU, Minnesota, Indiana, NW, etc. over the years has been letting inferior teams hang around and letting them believe they can win. KF's conservative philosophy keeps us in games we should probably lose but also keeps other lesser talented teams hang around as well.

And for ISU fans I am not trying to say ISU didn't deserve to win those games or didn't have better talent just speaking in terms of over the years Iowa having the better team or better season in most cases.

Anyone who thinks one instate team plays harder than the other instate team is an unathletic nerd who never competed at a high level. I still hate losing pickup basketball games and I've been done playing college ball for a decade now. Seriously what a loser mentality

He's been under the knife since the end of last season. Rumor is that he's going to be bionic. I've heard he'll be 7' tall and 330 lbs, but can still run a 2.50 40. Just "rumors" at this point.

:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uxn3RoqTOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Bart Scott Can't Wait - YouTube[/ame]

So your logic is that he's been an ISU fan his whole life, therefore it's impossible for him to place more emphasis on the Iowa game than any other?

Seriously, people. If you bothered to watch ISU more than once a year (and I wouldn't begrudge those of you who don't), it would be pretty clear that they play just as hard against the Big 12 as they do against Iowa (see: Nebraska twice, OK St). But if you're not willing to do that, then refrain from making broad generalizations about their approach to the season, because you're seeing only one game.

Latest posts