Woodbury

He is looking pretty darn good! He looks to be a scholarship player, but will he be worth our one scholly next year?? Maybe, he is a legacy... I certainly haven't seen enough myself, tho. They say he wants to go to Iowa. If we do not have a scholarship available, would he walkon for a year???

Regardless, the kid will probably be worth getting a scholarship somewhere, if he wants it. Whether Iowa has one for him or not...

There is a pretty good chance will have two scholarships since it isn't certain we will sign anyone this spring.

morgan as walkon your joking right??

Fran is going to be able to pull in a better player. Unless, Morgan improves significantly. That said, I think we might have two scholarships available. If we have two, he might have a chance at a Hawkeye scholarship. If not, he would have to walkon to be a Hawkeye. At least for a season.

I have seen posts from people over the last couple years talk about how Woodbury works to get open and his teammates just don't get him the ball. I figured they were exaggerating, but this is absurd. Feed the kid the ball. His teammates are either playing just terribly or are not good. I'm frustrated for him.

Agree. Against Ankeny and IC West they just did not get him enough touches. When you have a guy 7'1 in Iowa high school basketball -- you get him the ball. Yes, IC was collapsing on him but there were several times where a sharp pass would have made it into the hands of Woodbury.

Sometimes the guards were simply trying to do too much and show their moves. You just don't ignore a 7'1 guy in the middle.

Woodbury has some nice moves when he does get the ball; has a soft touch. I am excited to see him at Iowa for the next four years. I think Fran and company will really solidify him as a force down the road. Woodbury has the tools.

Fran is going to be able to pull in a better player. Unless, Morgan improves significantly. That said, I think we might have two scholarships available. If we have two, he might have a chance at a Hawkeye scholarship. If not, he would have to walkon to be a Hawkeye. At least for a season.

your kidding right, on dismissing Morgan on being able to play D1 ball, you do know he is just a JR, right?

your kidding right, on dismissing Morgan on being able to play D1 ball, you do know he is just a JR, right?

do you ever actually read the post or just try to get pissy with everyone? he said he thought fran could get a better player, not that morgan isnt a d1 talent. he also said if we have 2 schollies then morgan could get 1. i dont know if morgan is good enough or not as i couldnt watch the game for my own opinion, but at least read the post. you get mad when people go after your opinion and you do the same to others just as much that is hypocrisy. if you werent like that people wouldnt gang up on you about what you said. but you take every contradiction of your opinion as a personal attack it seems.

I have seen posts from people over the last couple years talk about how Woodbury works to get open and his teammates just don't get him the ball. I figured they were exaggerating, but this is absurd. Feed the kid the ball. His teammates are either playing just terribly or are not good. I'm frustrated for him.

Yeah he does an extremely good job of working hard for the ball. However he also gets mugged every trip down the floor and the refs just don't call it for some damn reason. I mean really the refs are a joke and that is being nice i don't care how much bigger a guy is you can't grab the jersey and lean on him like that and then give him a weak call when he tries to get position...really ref....get a clue for gods sake.

Then the T that was given last night was an utter joke to. Even the announcers were wondering why it was called. Overall I think the refs think bball is not football, full contact is just fine....jesus reffing as gone down hill to the point where most refs are laughable at best.

Overall however I do like what Woodbury does over all and he runs the floor very well for a big man. I like how hard he works down low and it is really do bad his teammates don't have the skills to get him the ball at all.

do you ever actually read the post or just try to get pissy with everyone? he said he thought fran could get a better player, not that morgan isnt a d1 talent. he also said if we have 2 schollies then morgan could get 1. i dont know if morgan is good enough or not as i couldnt watch the game for my own opinion, but at least read the post. you get mad when people go after your opinion and you do the same to others just as much that is hypocrisy. if you werent like that people wouldnt gang up on you about what you said. but you take every contradiction of your opinion as a personal attack it seems.

Herby is going to have problems with reading comprehension on the ACT & SAT.

Yeah he does an extremely good job of working hard for the ball. However he also gets mugged every trip down the floor and the refs just don't call it for some damn reason. I mean really the refs are a joke and that is being nice i don't care how much bigger a guy is you can't grab the jersey and lean on him like that and then give him a weak call when he tries to get position...really ref....get a clue for gods sake.

Then the T that was given last night was an utter joke to. Even the announcers were wondering why it was called. Overall I think the refs think bball is not football, full contact is just fine....jesus reffing as gone down hill to the point where most refs are laughable at best.

Overall however I do like what Woodbury does over all and he runs the floor very well for a big man. I like how hard he works down low and it is really do bad his teammates don't have the skills to get him the ball at all.

SCE sucks....

You can tell they never play against team's like Iowa City West. Bergman is probably the best coach and especially defensive coach in the state of Iowa. He always teaches on ball pressure. He has such athletic guys this year with length it is suffocating what they can do. SCE could not even make an entry pass because their guards struggled to dribble with the on ball pressure West was using. Also when it got into scramble mode West was just way more athletic than SCE.

Woodbury will get banged around just as much in the Big 10.

I think Woodbury moves pretty well for a7 foot guy and plays hard. He probably would have been better off to try to post less and try to get the ball in space. I just don't think he has much of a jump shot yet and probably does not handle the ball that well in open space?

So the refs cost East the game last night? It couldn't have been the 18 turnovers in the first half, or the refusal of East guards to get the ball into Woody, or the fact that West shot 50% from 3pt range.
If last night was considered physical then Woody is in for a rude awakening when he gets to the Big 10.
In regard to the technical foul that was called last night.....none of us have any idea what the kid actually said to the ref when he was called for the foul.

I actually think Woody will have an outstanding career at Iowa but his team was simply beaten by a more athletic/talented West team last night.

So the refs cost East the game last night? It couldn't have been the 18 turnovers in the first half, or the refusal of East guards to get the ball into Woody, or the fact that West shot 50% from 3pt range.
If last night was considered physical then Woody is in for a rude awakening when he gets to the Big 10.
In regard to the technical foul that was called last night.....none of us have any idea what the kid actually said to the ref when he was called for the foul.

I actually think Woody will have an outstanding career at Iowa but his team was simply beaten by a more athletic/talented West team last night.

spot on

Do you always put words in people's mouth? Cause never said that is why East loss, if those teams played 10 times west is going to win probably all 10 of them because they are just better.

As for the T that was called it was even weaker by the ref to refuse to go talk to the coach about it. The coach spent the whole time between the 1st and 2nd quarters trying to talk to that ref and he would not even acknowledge him at all and that was very childish at best by the ref.

Woodbury is going to be awesome for Iowa next year. No way is he going to see these junk defenses, if he does Iowa has enough outside shooters and other bigs to make them pay.

actually AW was more physical each time down the floor then you ever see in a big ten game. him and the guy defending him were all over each other every single time down the floor. you don't see that in college

actually AW was more physical each time down the floor then you ever see in a big ten game. him and the guy defending him were all over each other every single time down the floor. you don't see that in college

I was there and IC West was very impressive...on defense. Three guys were on Woodbury the instant he caught the ball and #24 for West worked his butt off taking out Woodbury's legs and fronting him. #24 should have been the MVP of that game, not their shooter--Morgan?

I was there and IC West was very impressive...on defense. Three guys were on Woodbury the instant he caught the ball and #24 for West worked his butt off taking out Woodbury's legs and fronting him. #24 should have been the MVP of that game, not their shooter--Morgan?
baby-mama or something like that

Latest posts