Woodbury

Iowa was listed as Morgan's only interested school at this time. Any chances that that scholarship is being held for him?

I wonder if Woodbury is going to have the conditioning to play any more than 15-20 minutes a game next year. He looks nearly automatic around the basketball, however.

I hate to jump on the coaching because a team with this kind of athelticism can make teams just fall apart; however, they jump passes combined with the irrational pushing the ball down the court is alarming. There is no shot clock right? Why the rush.

Things I see while watching this game. Woodbury's team looks rough I think this is partly due to ic west being pretty darn good. Woodbury sometimes seems like he shoots without recognizing his location in relation to the basket, threw it up a couple times and hit the bottom of the rim. He seems to play d on high screens awkwardly, this could be coaching though and nothing to do with him or he is just that much slower than the ic west guards. Seems to be fairly physical but can't use all his strength because he is so much taller he can't get leverage, something Fran and his staff should help with. Excited to see him play next year but there will be development needed which I think we expect with almost all freshmen.

I hate to jump on the coaching because a team with this kind of athelticism can make teams just fall apart; however, they jump passes combined with the irrational pushing the ball down the court is alarming. There is no shot clock right? Why the rush.

The rush is they were down 20 points in the first half.

Morgan will get a scholly playing BB or FB. Hell of an athlete. I agree with the other posters. Woodbury's teamates are morons!
Feed the damn post. Have read that Woodbury tpically gets mauled and doesn't get the calls as this game appears to show.If he can simply provide inside dee and rebounding it will improve our team.

I wonder if Woodbury is going to have the conditioning to play any more than 15-20 minutes a game next year. He looks nearly automatic around the basketball, however.

he plays alot during AAU ball conditioning will not be a problem, for Woodbury it will be a matter of timing and getting used to the one on one rather than facing 2 or 3 defenders. he needs help and SCE doesn't give him much.
there is also the advantage he will have in how many games Gesell and him played together, in the timing part of the game

he plays alot during AAU ball conditioning will not be a problem, for Woodbury it will be a matter of timing and getting used to the one on one rather than facing 2 or 3 defenders. he needs help and SCE doesn't give him much.
there is also the advantage he will have in how many games Gesell and him played together, in the timing part of the game

Big 10 basketball requires a slightly higher level of conditioning than AAU ball. I'm skeptical he can go hard for more than 4-5 minutes at a time as a freshman.

Do you honestly think Woodbury is still going to come here if he knows the AD will never let him play in the CBI?

The rush is they were down 20 points in the first half.

I was referring to the beginning of the game where guys were jacking up 3s before getting the big man the ball. Obviously the game plan changes down 20. It seems that shortening the game and spreading the floor to give the big guy room, making West desperate, etc. would have been in the plans.

Morgan is looking worthy of scholarship right now.

He is looking pretty darn good! He looks to be a scholarship player, but will he be worth our one scholly next year?? Maybe, he is a legacy... I certainly haven't seen enough myself, tho. They say he wants to go to Iowa. If we do not have a scholarship available, would he walkon for a year???

Regardless, the kid will probably be worth getting a scholarship somewhere, if he wants it. Whether Iowa has one for him or not...

I'm happy with what I see offensively. Posts well, know how to screen and roll, uses his body and can hit the jump hook.

I agree with an earlier poster that I wish he was more active defensively.

Latest posts