Woodbury over Olaseni? WTH?

avenger

Does Adam or his family have something on Fran? Is Fran attending the Kirk F. school of coaching? Put the most productive players on the floor and the best players. Being deep is hurting this team. Nobody gets a chance to get hot and when they do get hot, they get sat down for a body on the floor, productive or not, but breathing.

This is so stupid... Woody is not the problem. He doesn't take minutes from Gabe. They both are going to get their minutes.

In fact, I would argue that it's better having Gabe coming off the bench because he can add more scoring which is needed from the 2nd unit because Uthoff who was the 3rd leading scorer is missing.

Imagine that more Woodbury hate when he wasn't the problem. Shooting was the problem tonight 3 for 20 from 3 and missed FTs down the stretch along with Ohio State making theirs sealed the deal.

Olaseni needs 25-30 min a game. Literally ZERO excuse for not playing the heck out of your most productive player right now.

Olaseni needs 25-30 min a game. Literally ZERO excuse for not playing the heck out of your most productive player right now.

He's not conditioned to play effectively for that many minutes. Coach McCaffery knows how to use this players, and fatigue is a critical factor in using the players.

I've said it all year, Woodbury and Olaseni need to be logging 20 minutes per game each. There is no reason WHAT-SO-EVER for any other player on the Iowa roster to check into the game at the C position. Olaseni is playing at a legit NBA level type player. He deserves to start and log minutes until he fails. Woody is a good player and a vocal leader while on the floor. I have no issues with splitting minutes between the two. i have issues with McCabe.

He's not conditioned to play effectively for that many minutes. Coach McCaffery knows how to use this players, and fatigue is a critical factor in using the players.

Did Gabe look winded to you tonight? Dude is a dominant big man that doesn’t even f***ing start on an unranked team.

Agreed, McCabe should not be getting minutes at the 5. He is a liability on defense. Gabe and Woody should be splitting those minutes and maybe give the hot player a few more minutes.

Woodbury is the last thing anyone should be worried about, did the op not look at the bench for large stretches of the game and see both of them on it?

I think I saw that tonight McCabe had 22 minutes and Gabe 18???? WTH??? I think Woody is playing at a high level also I think Gabe should start the 4 and Woody the 5. They should both be in at all times. Mel and McCabe should just be giving them breathers and when in foul trouble.

No kidding having issues with McCabe. I don't like not liking Iowa players but what in the world does Fran see with him. Here's his night (I was sick of wondering if I just wasn't seeing something so I started keeping track).
1[SUP]st[/SUP] drive blocked out of bounds - has at least one of these a game
Missed 3
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] drive fastbreak offensive foul - has at least one of these a game
Williams dunk on him defensively
Missed 3 after a deflected pass which probably should have been stolen
Lost his man defensively which ended in a dunk

Made 3
Missed inside move
Missed 3
Missed 3
Drive fouled 1 for 2 at line

My guess after watching quite a few games is this is a pretty standard stat line. I have nothing against McCabe personally but why do you play someone that clearly doesn't seem at the same level as everyone else out there. To the people that say Olaseni isn't "conditioned to play effectively"... how can you be playing in Div I and not be able to play more than 20 min. a game?? Play him and find out. I'd rather have a tired Olaseni at this point than White who seems to disappear most games.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Woody is not a good big 10 player. Gabe needs to play 30 and Woody needs to play 10. Zach needs to play about 5.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Woody is not a good big 10 player. Gabe needs to play 30 and Woody needs to play 10. Zach needs to play about 5.
Make Woody our starting 4. Hey, I'm serious. If anything else, the two fighting for rebs will help Iowa's transition defense.

Does it really matter, ran poo down the leg shooting the long ball...again. At home.

Yes, it matters. If we have a legit inside scoring threat, we don't have to shoot the long ball 20 times. Gabe and Woody should see 5-10 a game where they are on the floor together....especially against teams like OSU.

Latest posts