Woodbury and Jok

nickhawk

Who has seen these kids play in person?

Would each guy be able to contribute right away as true freshman or would it take some strength & conditioning and maybe a year of experience before they could be considered to be impact players in the Big 10?

Duffman, are you sure about Jok, maybe you are thinking Thok?
From what I have read Jok is a "?" at this point. For whatever reason he doesnt seem to be all out with HS BBall but in AAU he turns it on. I believe he is listed at 6'3-6'5 and growing. If he does shoot up to 6'10 range that could hinder him similar to Darius Stokes who has been trying to adjust to his sudden growth spurt.

From what I have read Jok is a "?" at this point. For whatever reason he doesnt seem to be all out with HS BBall but in AAU he turns it on. I believe he is listed at 6'3-6'5 and growing. If he does shoot up to 6'10 range that could hinder him similar to Darius Stokes who has been trying to adjust to his sudden growth spurt.

I think he's probably just a guy who really thrives on competition.

Also, his older brother was on a similar pace, growth-wise (IIRC). I believe his brother topped out at around 6'6"-6'8".

Jok is 6'6 right now. He plays very verticial=meaning he plays a true 6'6. Rumor is he is growing and having some injury issues with his knees. Not sure how that will affect his future.

Woodbury is still developing and filling out his body. These guys are 16/17 years old right now and are shells of what they will look like in college.

If Iowa could get Woodbury to commit that would help the 2012 class a lot.

Jok is 6'6 right now. He plays very verticial=meaning he plays a true 6'6. Rumor is he is growing and having some injury issues with his knees. Not sure how that will affect his future.

Woodbury is still developing and filling out his body. These guys are 16/17 years old right now and are shells of what they will look like in college.

If Iowa could get Woodbury to commit that would help the 2012 class a lot.

A lot of kids that play a lot of sports and are growing develop Osgood Schlatters disease (basically tendinitis) in their knees. It can be pretty painful, but when the kid stops growing it goes away. I don't know Peter, but I would guess this is causing the knee trouble.

A lot of kids that play a lot of sports and are growing develop Osgood Schlatters disease (basically tendinitis) in their knees. It can be pretty painful, but when the kid stops growing it goes away. I don't know Peter, but I would guess this is causing the knee trouble.
I've got this. It really peaked for me in about the 5th grade. Still have bumps from it below my knees. Only thing it limited me from doing athletically was squatting as a catcher. That's it.

I've got this. It really peaked for me in about the 5th grade. Still have bumps from it below my knees. Only thing it limited me from doing athletically was squatting as a catcher. That's it.

Yah, I have it too. Mine was a pretty severe case from what the doctor told me, but I had a lot of pain whenever I practiced for more than an hour.

When I was a kid about 100 years ago, they called it "growing pains". My son who went from 5'7" to 6'01 his freshman year suffered from that. He topped out at 6'2" and never had another problem other than when he passed 30 he had the typical BB back pain now and again.

When I was a kid about 100 years ago, they called it "growing pains". My son who went from 5'7" to 6'01 his freshman year suffered from that. He topped out at 6'2" and never had another problem other than when he passed 30 he had the typical BB back pain now and again.

There is a difference. Growing pains are normal. OS is a rupture of the growth plate at the tibial tuberosity.

Osgood?Schlatter disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts