Woodbury and Jok

I have seen Woodbury play several times: He is a little weak yet but he has time to get stronger. He does some really nice things and then he does some things that make you scratch your head like miss a bunny. He has a nice hook shot and can play with his back to the buck and also run the floor.

He is not Jared Sullinger but he is a top 100 kid that is 7'1". I hope the hawks can land him. It would be nice to see him commit soon so they can get him on a weight program.

I also read yesterday that Peter Jok was 2nd team all-state (media pick) in class 4A.

FWIW - I was at the state tournament last year and Doug McDermott probably outplayed Harrison Barnes. That does mean that Doug is better than Harrison. I think coaches now days put a lot more weight on watching them play AAU ball because they can show off their individual talents more than in high school.

From what I heard about Jok, he does not like his current coach at Roosevelt and is looking to transfer schools. This could also make sense as to why he plays better in AAU than he does for his high school team.

Peter Jok is 6-6 and is in a growth spurt. His father and uncle grew to 6-11. Luol Deng and Longar Longar are cousins. Manute Bol was an uncle.

He ended the season with back problems and will have surgery on one knee. Nothing major.

Van Coleman has him rated as the #10 prospect in the 2013 class.

I have seen Woodbury play several times: He is a little weak yet but he has time to get stronger. He does some really nice things and then he does some things that make you scratch your head like miss a bunny. He has a nice hook shot and can play with his back to the buck and also run the floor.

He is not Jared Sullinger but he is a top 100 kid that is 7'1". I hope the hawks can land him. It would be nice to see him commit soon so they can get him on a weight program.

I also read yesterday that Peter Jok was 2nd team all-state (media pick) in class 4A.

FWIW - I was at the state tournament last year and Doug McDermott probably outplayed Harrison Barnes. That does mean that Doug is better than Harrison. I think coaches now days put a lot more weight on watching them play AAU ball because they can show off their individual talents more than in high school.

I would venture to say that 95% of kids going d1 get recruited based on AAU, not high school

Luol Deng and Longar Longar are cousins. Manute Bol was an uncle.

Factcheck anyone? I read on Iowa Preps when Peter Jok's brother was playing that the Luol Deng being a relative rumor was false. Also, a quick venture to Luol Deng's Wikipedia shows that Manute Bol is not a relative, but rather a basketball mentor that he learned from when the family moved to Egypt.

Factcheck anyone? I read on Iowa Preps when Peter Jok's brother was playing that the Luol Deng being a relative rumor was false. Also, a quick venture to Luol Deng's Wikipedia shows that Manute Bol is not a relative, but rather a basketball mentor that he learned from when the family moved to Egypt.

I'd be very surprised if any of his supposed relatives are actually related to him.

I think he's probably just a guy who really thrives on competition.

Also, his older brother was on a similar pace, growth-wise (IIRC). I believe his brother topped out at around 6'6"-6'8".

His brother Dau is 6'4" and was a freshman at Penn this year. He played 35 minutes on the season.

From what I heard about Jok, he does not like his current coach at Roosevelt and is looking to transfer schools. This could also make sense as to why he plays better in AAU than he does for his high school team.

This would shock me. He's tight with the other 3 sophomores that played extensively this year for TRHS.

Big Pete (Jok) has been injured 4 times in the last 3 years. He's had a knee injury both years in high school. He also had a wrist injury this fall and a back injury in 2009. He's good when he's healthy.

Sounds like Jok is leaving Roosevelt and heading to Valley along with another kid. I've heard this from a couple of people.

Sounds like Jok is leaving Roosevelt and heading to Valley along with another kid. I've heard this from a couple of people.

Wrong answer. Who did you "hear" this from? Clearly you have no true knowledge of the situation.

He will likely leave Roosevelt, but I don't think it'll be for Valley. I'll leave it at that.

And how many different threads are people going to start about the same topic?

Use the search engine feature on the site. Same stuff said in this thread has been said in many other threads.

Woodbury is overrated. I have said that a million times before.

Jok is the best player in 2013, and it is not even close. I've also said that a million times before.

Are you talking in-state or more than that? Not that familiar with him but do remember some website like NY2LA had him #1 overall in 2013 class.

I'm sure he meant in-state. Jok may end up being the #1 player in the country, but no way would it be "not even close" if that were the case.....well, there's no way to call that at this stage, anyway.

Are you talking in-state or more than that? Not that familiar with him but do remember some website like NY2LA had him #1 overall in 2013 class.

I'm sure he meant in-state. Jok may end up being the #1 player in the country, but no way would it be "not even close" if that were the case.....well, there's no way to call that at this stage, anyway.

TM is on the money, as usual.

Latest posts