Won't it be awesome.

Yeah, talking about being on the NIT bubble will be awesome, relative to what we've been talking about this time of year the last four years.

I'll still be interested and want to talk about recruiting, heck next year this time it will be the 2012 class.

Yes, recruiting is the lifeblood of any program and next year at this time we will be hoping for a commitment from Peter Jok.

Call me delusional, but I see NCAA tournament next year. I think we somehow finish fifth in the Big Ten.

I think we have a chance to be an NCAA bubble team next year. Right now, depending on who commits, 8-10 in the Big Ten seems possible. If that's possible, so is being a bubble team.

With the way Iowa is playing down the stretch, it seems likely this team will keep improving under Fran going into next season. When I look at mid-tier Big Ten teams for next season, I don't see much difference in talent.

Part of this is based on our back court. You go as your guards go in college basketball, and next year we'll have Cartwright, Marble, Gatens and Payne (and possibly a young stud like Cezar). Regardless, that's solid depth and experience. You have to realize we are playing without a back-up PG right now.

I would love to see our plus/minus rating with Cartwright.

And to me, we've only scratched the surface with Basabe. He seems committed to getting better. He is still growing into his frame. Give him a year to add a little muscle and watch some tape in order to better recognize the double team and pass out of it. Oh, and think of he adds even a 10-12 foot jumper to his game.

I also think Marble could be helped exponentially by playing exclusively shooting guard next year. Add another ball-handler to the mix (White), and it opens things up for Gatens as a spot-up shooter, too.

Iowa has at least three games left, all against NCAA tourney or bubble teams. My prediction is that if they win at all, they'll win two of them. They are playing with an increasing confidence and are so close to getting over that hump.

I'll still be interested and want to talk about recruiting, heck next year this time it will be the 2012 class.

Man, I hope we are not talking about recruiting at this time next year. I hope our class is signed in the November signing period. By the third year of recruiting, you shouldn't be scrambling for recruits in spring.

Or cleaning up the class with Woodbury, Thok, Staten etc.

I will cry if these kids end up at Iowa. Woodbury maybe, the other two no thanks. Haven't we learned our lesson loading up on in state projects vs. recruiting court ready players. Woodbury should be dominating in high school and he isn't, so why do so many think he is going to be anyting other than Tisdale Lite in the big ten?

I will cry if these kids end up at Iowa. Woodbury maybe, the other two no thanks. Haven't we learned our lesson loading up on in state projects vs. recruiting court ready players. Woodbury should be dominating in high school and he isn't, so why do so many think he is going to be anyting other than Tisdale Lite in the big ten?

Yes we learned out lesson

Signed

Greg Brunner, Mike Henderson, Jeff Horner and Adam Haluska

Yes we learned our lesson

Signed

Greg Brunner, Mike Henderson, Jeff Horner and Adam Haluska

Not to be a downer because I do believe the team will be much much better next year, but where in the world do some people see an NCAA tournament bid?! You guys do know bringing in 3-4 freshman will not make the team that much better right? from 10 wins to over 20 with 4 freshman would be outrageous to expect. Even an NIT bid is highly unlikely. I'll believe it all when I see it, until then I just hope the team improves a lot over this season. And yes, I have watched multiple games this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us in the Sweet 16 next year. We return everyone but Cole. Basabe will be one of the top forwards in the entire country. Cartwright will be one of the best PG's in the Big 10. Gatens will be healthy. Oglesby is scoring like 20 a game in high school and think he can come in and help our 3 point shooting next year. Plus we got Fran! These kids love him and the energy he brings. We play a different style than most in the conference and I think it will give them fits. You can already tell the team is starting to get it.

Not to be a downer because I do believe the team will be much much better next year, but where in the world do some people see an NCAA tournament bid?! You guys do know bringing in 3-4 freshman will not make the team that much better right? from 10 wins to over 20 with 4 freshman would be outrageous to expect. Even an NIT bid is highly unlikely. I'll believe it all when I see it, until then I just hope the team improves a lot over this season. And yes, I have watched multiple games this year.

Where is thy faith Thomas. We were so close many times with just one point guard and Big Ten officiating with selective vision. A team like Illinois will lose four starting seniors and several other teams that beat us will lose key players that were major factors in many of their wins. Just our non-conference schedule record going into the Big Ten will be dramatically improved. Now Thomas get out of the boat and walk across the water. (use the rocks if you have to). Maybe I have been down here in the bible belt in Atlanta toooooo long :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised to see us in the Sweet 16 next year. We return everyone but Cole. Basabe will be one of the top forwards in the entire country. Cartwright will be one of the best PG's in the Big 10. Gatens will be healthy. Oglesby is scoring like 20 a game in high school and think he can come in and help our 3 point shooting next year. Plus we got Fran! These kids love him and the energy he brings. We play a different style than most in the conference and I think it will give them fits. You can already tell the team is starting to get it.

Ridiculous. I will be happy with a .500 record next year. Anyone predicting a NCAA tournament bid is delusional.

Sweet 16? Part of the problem is that you return everyone, Iowa is two steps behind most teams in Big 10 with talent and has not beat anyone this year minus Indiana. I think that they will be improved next year and you should be ecstatic next year if you are on the NIT bubble. Any kind of gradual improvement would be a start.