Wonderful

Keno Davis-Not Interested
Brian Gregory-Not Interested (as reported by espn)
Jacobsen-Staying at UNI
Barbee-Now at Auburn..

so how bad is the Iowa job?

The ONLY person to save IOWA now has to be Pearl!!!!

Iowa needs to find someone that wants to be here...that would crawl to be here, and can recruit to convince others to be here. Whomever that is, find him, and hire him.

It's not gonna happen with Pearl. There are still alot of good coaches out there. If the fans think this is stressful,how do the current players feel? Barta better not sit too much longer though or he might be looking himself!

I still think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Agreed. I'm with the others that are saying the longer this goes the better it looks for us. I figure we have at least one guy with interest still coaching and when their season is up, we'll start hearing a lot more. I feel that as long as the search firm has done its job well, Barta has as until the end of the NCAA tourney if he needs.

I don't know....I have a hunch 3 out of the 4 would take the job, if offered. Especially for the right dollar amount. Also, I'd bet that there is quite a bit of interest in the job from many coaches.

From a negotiation stand point and the fact that your listed coaches already have jobs, I'm not sure what you'd expect them to say? I can't imagine any of them would say publicly, "boy, I sure like my current job, but I'm waiting by the phone to see if Iowa calls, as I'd sure rather be coaching for them". Not going to happen.

It's obvious they are being asked by reporters and it's really the only answer they can give at this point, since they are pulling a paycheck from someone else right now.

Let's just see how this plays out before we start saying Iowa is a terrible job. It's not and we all know it.

The only names on your list that we know to be true are Davis and Barbee.

Jake can still come here and who knows what Gregory is thinking.

Keno Davis-Not Interested
Brian Gregory-Not Interested (as reported by espn)
Jacobsen-Staying at UNI
Barbee-Now at Auburn..

so how bad is the Iowa job?

The ONLY person to save IOWA now has to be Pearl!!!!

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. When Iowa hires a new coach and he's a solid coach, you'll look foolish with this post. And I am absolutely devasted Keno isnt interested considering the illustrious coaching career he's had so far. :confused:

Whoever they hire the fan base won't be happy....
I agree with you .. .. with one caveat. Regardless of who they hire, a portion of the fan base will not be happy. Bruce Pearl is as close as you'll get to a unanimous pick, but even he will probably have his detractors and I seriously doubt he'll come to Iowa.

GO HAWKS!!!

Whoever they hire the fan base won't be happy....

The fanbase did backflips over Steve Alford's hire and looked how that turned out. In the list of qualities a new coach should have "excites the fanbase" should be just above he plays a mean harmonica and just below he has really neat handwriting on dry erase boards.

Iowa needs to find someone that wants to be here...that would crawl to be here, and can recruit to convince others to be here. Whomever that is, find him, and hire him.
Without coming out and saying it, it sounds to me like you're talking about Forbes. While I'm not in anyone's camp, he would be on my short list.

GO HAWKS!!!

Guys we would have somebody hired by now if he was available. Our guy is still coaching in the tournament. Do not discount Pearl being out of it just yet. Also do not discount the public push by those close to Lavin either. I really believe both are possibilities.

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. When Iowa hires a new coach and he's a solid coach, you'll look foolish with this post. And I am absolutely devasted Keno isnt interested considering the illustrious coaching career he's had so far. :confused:

I really hope the next hire does make me look Foolish... It just seems like the top tire guys that everyone has on their wishlist are falling through and taking offers other places... it just makes me question how bad coaching at Iowa really is or more so.. what perception coaches really have of the Iowa gig...

The problem is that each day that passes that we WAIT to see if Pearl is even interested or one of the other coaches that may still be in the Dance is one day were we lose a potential candidate to another school. Then if those guys are not interested who is left? TODD LICKLITER...

maybe BJ Armstrong isnt a bad option after all

Don't forget about Scott Drew either. I remember last Saturday that Jon reported it had been "learned" that Drew and Iowa had mutual interest.. How much truth there is to that, I don't know. But Drew is another candidate that is still coaching, of which there were at least RUMORS of interest. Take that for what it's worth, but I haven't crossed him off the list yet, either.

Pearl seems like a longshot at best, but who knows. I guess I'll never say "never".

AMEN. What has he done? Not much other than one year at Drake, with his Dad's players. I don't really think Lavin is an option since he hasn't coached in 7 years. Also, yes I think our coach could still be in the tourney, but that's not saying he is a head coach in the tourney.

I really hope the next hire does make me look Foolish... It just seems like the top tire guys that everyone has on their wishlist are falling through and taking offers other places... it just makes me question how bad coaching at Iowa really is or more so.. what perception coaches really have of the Iowa gig...

The problem is that each day that passes that we WAIT to see if Pearl is even interested or one of the other coaches that may still be in the Dance is one day were we lose a potential candidate to another school. Then if those guys are not interested who is left? TODD LICKLITER...

maybe BJ Armstrong isnt a bad option after all

Patience Sideshow...patience. It has only been 10 days. I'd be surprised if Barta's top couple of candidates are not still playing in the post season. And I'd be surprised if they have not been contacted in some way to guage their interest.

Patience Sideshow...patience. It has only been 10 days. I'd be surprised if Barta's top couple of candidates are not still playing in the post season. And I'd be surprised if they have not been contacted in some way to guage their interest.

I hear you loud and clear...my only concern is who are the back up options if Mr. Coach in the tournament decides his current gig is more appealing than rebuilding Iowa? This has to be a NIGHTMARE hire for Barta.

Latest posts