Womans hoops in a nutshell

Okay, I did chuckle a bit. That said, I enjoyed watching the women's game against Maryland the other night. Good crowd and good BB played. This clip is not a fair representation of high quality women's hoops. I am confident that the best 5 hoops chuckleheads on this board, even in their prime, would get trucked by the Iowa women's team in a pick-up game. Trucked.

Is that a 12U team?

Serious though, you really need to watch this years Iowa team. They are pretty exciting and good. If you really want to watch really good "team" basketball watch a women's team coached by a great coach. The guys game can get masked by more athleticism with guys going more one-on-one at times or driving. The women's game is more team oriented and you can appreciate many cuts, passing and other set plays.

In addition, I think the women shoot a heck of a lot better FT%. Seems like they hardly ever miss. Smaller ball might help with this.

Okay, I did chuckle a bit. That said, I enjoyed watching the women's game against Maryland the other night. Good crowd and good BB played. This clip is not a fair representation of high quality women's hoops. I am confident that the best 5 hoops chuckleheads on this board, even in their prime, would get trucked by the Iowa women's team in a pick-up game. Trucked.
The pass the gal made from her knees on the baseline was a great pay. I don't think that was luck she put that where she wanted to. The rest of that blooper fest was just shake my head ridiculous. Their were two girls back for TN on the fast break but they both ran away from the dribbler. That was more unbelievable than the gal missing the layup to me. Just odd.

Last edited:
This is not true. Many high level womens programs regularly scrimmage against a pickup team from the college rec leagues and the men handle the ladies.

I'm calling B.S. on this one.

Our high school girls used to scrimmage some of my non-basketball buddies and the guys would always destroy them.

I realize high school is different than D1 scholarship athletes, but there are some really really good mens college rec teams as well...so maybe it evens out. My rec team in college had 5 guys on it with D2/D3 offers who just wanted to be done with organized sports. Call me sexist, but I'd assume in most cases a D2 male athlete would be able to hang with a D1 female athlete.

Our high school girls used to scrimmage some of my non-basketball buddies and the guys would always destroy them.

I realize high school is different than D1 scholarship athletes, but there are some really really good mens college rec teams as well...so maybe it evens out. My rec team in college had 5 guys on it with D2/D3 offers who just wanted to be done with organized sports. Call me sexist, but I'd assume in most cases a D2 male athlete would be able to hang with a D1 female athlete.

D2, D3, heck even a decent HS team.

It's really a different game. I'll watch the women on occasion, I caught the 2nd half of the Iowa/Maryland game, but I don't find it anywhere near as exciting as the mens game.

I always get the raspberries from social justice warriors here when I say women's basketball sucks. Right away they jump to the sexism argument and that has zero to do with it. Part of the reason I like to watch sports is to see it played at a high level and with a high level of athleticism. Your average boys HS varsity team would go undefeated in a 20 game series against Baylor and UCONN, and that's just not interesting to me. Why isn't high school football broadcast on TV on a major scale? Because it isn't interesting and we can watch it live in our home towns every week. It has nothing to do with it being girls playing or not.

The 2017 USA Women's soccer team was supposedly the best female team in the world, and they got WIPED by a 15u boys team from Dallas in a scrimmage that year. That's not high level sports, folks.

Same thing with women's basketball. If it sucks, it sucks; don't hate me for saying so. The only difference between me and the rest of the crowd is that I say it out loud.

You call call it all you want, but you are still wrong. I have attended the practices and seen it happen.

Again, it is the athleticism vs team oriented ball the women's coaches are probably concentrating on. Practicing team ball against athletes makes sense.

I always get the raspberries from social justice warriors here when I say women's basketball sucks. Right away they jump to the sexism argument and that has zero to do with it. Part of the reason I like to watch sports is to see it played at a high level and with a high level of athleticism. Your average boys HS varsity team would go undefeated in a 20 game series against Baylor and UCONN, and that's just not interesting to me. Why isn't high school football broadcast on TV on a major scale? Because it isn't interesting and we can watch it live in our home towns every week. It has nothing to do with it being girls playing or not.

The 2017 USA Women's soccer team was supposedly the best female team in the world, and they got WIPED by a 15u boys team from Dallas in a scrimmage that year. That's not high level sports, folks.

Same thing with women's basketball. If it sucks, it sucks; don't hate me for saying so because I'm not alone in that regard. The only difference between me and the rest of the crowd is that I say it out loud.

Lol! You really need to learn how to express yourself!!